still not fully eating solids

jessicatunnel

Reaction score
Lo will be eight months on the first and is still only on one meal a day. If that. Its more like 3 or 4 meals a week. She's just not keen on solids and refuses them about 85% of the time. We're doing a mix of tw and blw and she acts the same with both. If we're doing blw she will throw her food on the floor and refuse it, if we do tw she takes the spoon but then spits the food out or she babbles on and on and its a nightmare to feed her. I offer foods every day but she's just not taking to it. I know they say food before one is just for fun but surely by eight months she should be eating consistently??

Elsie is exactly the same. The only thing she'll eat consistently is rice cereal, and she won't even eat much of that. I'm hoping that if I keep offering different things eventually she'll take a real interest :shrug:

Well I'm glad I'm not alone here. Its like a never ending battle to get her to eat. We've tried giving rice cereal and she absolutely hates it. We have some oatmeal but haven't tried it yet, I might try it for breakfast tomorrow morning.

It just worries me a little because everywhere I look babies her age and younger are such great eaters and she's not the slightest bit interested.

Are you doing traditional weaning or baby led?

Oh and the only thing she will consistently eat are those little star shaped puff things.

I don't know if you're making your own purees or not, but I found Callum LOVES roasted root veggies/fruits. Don't steam them, I know it keeps more of the nutritional stuff, but if you roast them then they get a little caramelized and it helps bring out the natural sweetness. Just an idea to get her used to the taste of food, then you can start steaming so she gets more of the nutritional qualities.

Also, just wanted to add...if you wanted to do BLW you don't even have to puree the roasted food. We switched to mostly BLW and we just roast it, and then cut it into wedges or what not.

PS: that picture of Lilly in your avatar is so adorable!

Oh yeah Elsie will eat those puffs too! But only the sweet potato flavor, haha. I think she just likes the rice cereal because I make it with breast milk.

I originally went with TW and I had some limited success in the beginning but then she suddenly decided she didn't want purees anymore. After a while I got sick of making/buying her food she wasn't going to eat so I just started giving her bits of whatever I was eating.

But yeah, the daily battles have really gotten old, especially when it takes so much time and effort to clean up afterward and she hasn't even eaten anything! I need to have her weaned onto solids around 12-15 months and I just can't see it happening right now :nope: I'm sorry to hear you're going through this too, I really thought most babies were great eaters by this age!

Thanks Cass, I will definitely be trying that sometime this week!

Megan, I thought the same. I don't see it happening for us either. They're only a few months from being a year old and that's when were weaning lil's off the bottle so don't know what the hell I'll do if she's still not eating by then. :/

William likes to eat but he won't eat anything substantial. He's starting to take an interest in purees right now (for the last week) but still mostly just throws a fit.

He enjoys feeding himself but he really doesn't get anything, just bits and pieces. :/ He's acted hungrier lately so it's pretty frustrating.

My lo is not to keen on solids either, he will just push the spoon away or bite it. At one point he really liked veggies, now he just pushes things away. Sometimes he'll eat alittle but then lose interest. I figure he will show more interest at some point :shrug:

do you try at the same time everyday? Abby won't eat if I feed her when she first wakes up..

She's also very picky about fruits and hates all cereals.. And her food has to be warm enough so i usually reheat it at least once during a feed.. She gets bored with things easily as well so she won't eat more than a few bites of the same thing, but if I give her say a couple bites of carrots, then a couple bites of banana then I go back to the carrots she will take them..

I'd just keep trying different things a couple times a day until you figure out what she likes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->