• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Well some women say it progressively gets darker but Flukey and I both go from very faint to boom positive. So maybe it's individual? Angel how are yours?

ABmommy, yeah AJangel is right. You want it a bit concentrated. I've heard testing between 12-6 is best. The test line needs to be as dark or darker than control line. It is possible to have a short surge as miss the surge. After you have a bowel movement you may notice cervical mucus. That's how I tend to judge if its getting close as well. I feel odd about checking internally :S My opks go from fairly faint to dark. Not a real good profession but everyone is different. Just relax and try not to worry about O. If you worry about it, your cortisol levels increase and mess with your hormones which in turn can delay O.

AFM, light spotting, hoping it's over with after today. I think I'll start opk Sunday. I'm really looking forward to being off Thanksgiving this year :)

Thanks ladies I'm going to do an opk on wednesday just to see... it'll be cd8 for me. Might be too soon, but never know as this will be my first time testing for ovulation.

If you have plenty, nothing wrong with testing a bit early.

I have 50, haha, so anxious to try them. What CD do you usually O, Flueky?

Do you get a 4 day weekend Flukey? I'm working the day after thanksgiving which is fine by me because I don't go Black Friday shopping except online!

Abmommy- I bought the 50 as well! So I don't feel so bad testing twice a day sometimes haha. Still waiting on O. I was hoping I'd ovulate earlier this cycle but looks like it'll be late again. If it's before cd 26 though I'll be happy because then maybe my cycles will progressively get shorter!

ABmommy, I don't have a regular date yet but it is coming sooner each time. I haven't had a period two months in a row since I was on the pill so I'm hoping to O by cycle day 20, I hope closer to 14-16 though.

AJangel, no my weekend rotation got moved because too many PRNs signed up last weekend. So just Thanksgiving. Last year I worked all Thursday through Tuesday. So I'm thankful to be off on the holiday :)

Well some women say it progressively gets darker but Flukey and I both go from very faint to boom positive. So maybe it's individual? Angel how are yours?

I used to progressively get darker, which was nice, but in the last 3 cycles I've gone from faint to positive in a day so now I can't really tell what my body is doing!

ABmommy just remember that you are looking at making sure the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. I've had my test line blazing one month where it was actually darker than the control line but usually I get them about the same color when it's positive. Sometimes I get the test where it's slightly lighter still but end up with a positive on a digi so depending on the brand know that if the test is really close to the same color as the control then you might want to consider it positive just in case.

Always try to test after a 3-4 hour hold (no bathroom for that long and limited liquids) and they usually say afternoon is better. I always get my surge in the afternoon/evening. If I test twice a day I will be negative in the AM and positive in the PM, and then the next morning negative again, so in my case it doesn't make sense to test more than once a day.

If you have a lot then it doesn't really matter. I buy a pack of 50 or 100 Wondfo's online so I always have plenty. :) I use a Clearblue Digi to confirm, but I can make a pack of 10 last me 4-5 months because I use the cheapie and once it looks positive I use the digi to confirm just because I like the way the smiley face looks. :haha:

AFM I'm still early in my cycle. I probably won't O until close to CD26 again so I am not going to start OPKs until at least CD12 I think. I have O'd as early as CD15 (never earlier) so I think CD12 will be early enough for O testing. I'm super excited though because I only have to work 2 days this week. The joy of being a teacher. :) There are one or two perks. :p

Thanks ladies for all the advice!! I'm so excited to start using the opks. Like probably too excited lol.
I have the rest of today and then work tomorrow but happy for the 4 day weekend. DH has to work Friday and Saturday so that'll give me some time to get the house in order after the holiday!

Fx we all catch our eggys this cycle!

So, oddly enough my cm today is a creamy/ew mix. Very weird for me this early in the cycle. And lots of it. It's not quite stretchy enough to be ew but not quite lotion consistency. I wonder if it means I might O early?? Would be nice but not trying to get my hopes up. But I think I'm going to start OPKs today/tomorrow instead of waiting til CD12. Knowing my luck, I'll still O on cd25. Lol.

Angel, yes start those OPKs!! It's so nice not waiting weeks longer than most to O.

ABmommy, nothing wrong with POAS addiction LOL :)

Angel- I get that a lot! I have that again too. I usually record it as EW but I'm never really sure because it's like a mix. So weird!

Angel you should start using them! What cd are you on?

How do you ladies check your cm? And how do you know if it's ew or not? Gosh I have so much to learn.

I'm only CD10. When I'm not taking vitex I tend to O around CD26, and when i'm on vitex my O was around CD16. So for me to start getting any type of fertile CM right now is really early. I'm not entirely sure it's actually going to be an early O. I did do OPK yesterday but it was far from positive. I have tons though so I'm not worried about waste. :)

Ajangel - that's exactly my problem, I don't know how to record it! :haha: I like that the Kindara app would let me record a mix, which was nice, but I prefer FF in general over Kindara so I quit using Kindara just because it was annoying to enter everything in twice. FF says ot enter the most fertile type so I want to put it in as EW but I'm never really sure.

ABmommy - some women check CM by looking at TP after wiping or what is on their underwear, it depends on how much you get. In my case I don't get that much to check that way so I check my CM internally at the cervix. You can find lots of info on how to check CM so I won't get too detailed on that.

EW is clear(ish) and very very stretchy. It can stretch between two fingers for an inch + without breaking. That's fertile CM and is a good sign you are about to O soon. Some women never get EW and get watery instead ,it depends on the person.

Last cycle I actually had ovulation cramps which was what prompted me to take an ovulation test in the evening last cycle when it was positive. I'm getting some slight cramping today but OPKs are still negative.. Ugh so frustrating!

ABmommy, I usually tell by my toilet paper after a bowel movement (before I reach, you know, my butthole). If I have watery cm I can tell by my panties. I'll see a rounded wet spot but I know I haven't peed. Sorry for the tmi. I'm not too keen on checking internally. Also, sorry for delay, I have been really busy.

AJangel, I get random cramps through my follicular phase, one sided. I wonder I its my follicles growing, maybe not.

Ok I'll have to do my research on that, thanks ladies. And don't worry about any tmi we all know what's going on and all experience things!

I took my first opk today! Very faint, so will probably test again tomorrow evening which will be cd9 for me. Probably still too soon, but I have so many tests and I want to see if it'll get darker or not. DH keeps asking when I'm going to be pregnant - he's so cute, but if it takes me longer than we expect I'm sure it'll start to get frustrating. Here's to hoping that I O this cycle!

Hello! I am 32 and ttc #1. Finished my last bcp pack in June after being on the pill for 13yrs. If I only knew then what I know now I would have stopped BCP years ago! My GYN said since I was on the pill for so long it could take up to a year to see cycles again, WTF! I did a progesterone withdrawal challenge to jumps start my period after 12 weeks with no cycle. It worked that one time but hasn't come back! I am currently on CD56 after the withdrawal bleed. Pretty sure I am in an annovulatory cycle. I started acupuncture last week. I am hoping my cycles will get started soon. I just read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and plan on temping and tracking CM once my cycles are up and running. I look forward to reading everyone's stories and hope to find some inspiration!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->