Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

ABmommy, I hope you get to O soon and you get your BFP in December :)

2ducks, hello. TCOYF is a wonderful book. I read it earlier this month. You might want to look into vitex for regulating your hormones. I went from a 58 to 39 day cycle. Or something like that. I wish I had stopped BC years ago. Oh well, I plan to never go back on it now.

Everyone, I hope you have safe travels if your traveling and a happy Thanksgiving :)

Welcome 2ducks! I hope your cycles get back to normal soon. I can only imagine how frustrating that can be.

Thanks Flieky, I'm going to use another opk in the evening after we get home tonight from all of our thanksgiving travels.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and very safe travels!

2ducks- welcome! Question- do you exercise a lot or are you pretty lean? Jw because I was exercising a lot during my post pill amenorrhea and when I stopped and gained some weight I finally ovulated after 4 months. I'm unsure if the weight gain/no exercise is what actually triggered ovulation or if it was just a coincidence. But just a thought!

ABMommy- hope you ovulate soon!!

Flukey- good to know I'm not the only one that gets little cramps during the follicular phase!! I thought maybe it was my follicles growing too.

Happy thanksgiving!!

Hi ladies. Hope everyone had a great turkey day!

I just took another opk. Still faint. Cd9 for me so going to start testing twice a day starting tomorrow morning. Gotta get DH on board to start bd'ing every other day until I ovulate.

Thanks, ABmommy, had a good day. Just wish I was off the rest of week and weekend. Oh well. Had lovely time with family, DH, and my nephew. I hope your DH is up for the challenge ;) (of BD'ing)

Well, off to bed I go, if any one goes shopping tomorrow, be careful :)

Just took an OPK and it looks nearly positive, hoping tonight will be fully positive!! If it is I'll be thrilled as its cd 22. Last 2 cycles DH and I BD'd for 3 days straight starting at positive OPK but I'm wondering if we should just do every other this cycle? Hmmm

I may try progesterone cream this cycle post ovulation in hopes of lengthening my LP!

Ajangel my doctor had told me to BD every other day, and that men need a day in between to rejuvenate healthy sperm.

AFM I took an opk this morning and it was still faint. CD10 for me so going to start bd'ing every other day as my doctor suggested to do from cd10-cd20.

Woohoo, AJangel! Ive heard every other day is good particularly if the are sperm issues.

ABmommy, still early, FX Sunday you get your positive.

Afm, works got me busy this weekend. Hoping to start opk Sunday :)

Good evening everyone! Spent the day working on the house we inherited today. It's such a mess from the previous tenants. Blah. But I made great progress today. :)

My temp today was a huge drop and I had tons of EW cm yesterday so I'm keeping FX for an early O! Unfortunately today's OPK was very negative. Disappointing :(

:wave: Hi 2ducks Welcome!! I was also on bcp for a long time (15 years). I was lucky enough to get my first AF after only 45 days, but my cycles have been off since stopping. Sorry to hear about your current cycle. Are they going to keep giving you progesterone to jump start your period or does your doctor just want to see if it will come back on its own?

If you continue to have long and odd cycles, as Flueky said, Vitex worked wonders for me (Gaia brand was the one that worked for me). I am currently off of Vitex because I want to be able to show my new doctor what my cycles look like w/out it because I am nearing the 1 year mark, and see if maybe my body has started to regulate itself w/out the herb.

TCOYF is an amazing book and honestly, I have no intention of ever using BCP again after this experience. I'm pretty sure I will simply use methods described in TCOYF to prevent pregnancy in the future after we manage to conceive.

I think we'll try every other day then, thanks ladies!!

So now I'm super confused. My OPK looked nearly positive at 2pm yesterday, and I took one again at 7pm and it was fully negative. Granted my urine was more dilute but still, last cycle I got a nearly positive followed by full on positive and then dark dark line the next morning. This morning it looks nearly positive but not quite there to mw, but I'm not sure. I'm trying to figure out how to post pics in here so I can get your opinion haha

Angel, maybe you missed your LH surge?

AJangel, that's so weird. When you post pics, I'll check back later

Ajangel post some pics so we can weigh in.

AFM my opk this morning is getting darker than the ones from yesterday. Going to test again this afternoon before DH gets home from work. I told him we're bd'ing tonight he agreed to it :) so hopefully if I O soon we'll have done it enough!

Ok hopefully this will work! The single OPK was this mornings, the other pic is of the last 10 days side by side with today's the last one and yesterday's the 2nd to last. https://s292.photobucket.com/user/Littlemiss22/library/Mobile Uploads

Looking good AJangel :) yay for O almost here :)

ABmommy, glad he's willing lol ;)

AFM, I feel like O I coming up, started getting creamy cm the past couple days so start testing tomorrow :) woohoo

Welp it's fully positive now! Yay! Hoping I'll O tomorrow!

Woohoo Flueky hopefully it's an early o!

My opk from this morning. Darker than yesterday's. Hoping to O soon. Going to try to test again later tonight. DH and I did NOT BD last night much to my dismay. He drank and I was tired so those two combined wasn't going to work. Hoping to catch him this morning when he wakes up and then later again tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 2
Its getting pretty close ABmommy, may be positive this afternoon :)

Will test later today

Looks almost positive ABMommy! What cd is it?

My OPK was fully positive again today but my temp spiked today.. Hmmm

Today is cd12 for me. Trying to get DH to BD and he's being so stubborn!!!!!

Going to test again later today but want to dtd before I get a positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->