Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Hey ladies just checking in. Expecting snow early in the am here on the east coast with an expected 10-12 inches in NYC. Unfortunately DH will need to stay in a hotel near his job to make sure he can get to work leaving me alone most of the weekend. Hoping not to be to bored. Lol

Hey ladies . This is our 3rd month trying . Feels like years. I'm 26 OH is 32. Been together 8 yrs always using condoms or pull out. I track using opks and still no success. I am cd 17 . Usually O cd 18-20 . Have gotten positive opks on day 18 but felt O pain on 20. We have been BDing everyother day starting cd 14 . My gyn says I'm doing everything right. I'm just so disappointed. She also said should happen based on my age and health we should become pregnant in 6 months so hopefully it will happen soon.

hopingsomeday - hopefully your doctor is right and you get your BFP soon!! Do you temp as well?

Elle.T. Sorry DH will be away. Hope you get to keep your power.

Hoping, good luck. I hope you get your bfp soon. If you watch the great sperm race it might help you get things in perspective. Even with everything right there is only like 1/5 chance of conception so don't worry :)

hopingsomeday- It can be rough some times. Just try to stay positive. hoping for a BFP soon!

Flueky88- Yea it sucks but Its better he's safe. turned out to be worse than expected. 10-12 turned into 20-25 inches. Yikes!

Ok so even though we have put off TTC I have still been trying to track my cycles for future reference. last 2 cycles were 27 days. Last month I got a positive opk on day 14. Now here I am day 14 and nothing... no EWCM and no where near a positive opk.. could I have missed it or could I be ovulating later? It makes me concerned I will have a short Luteal phase. Anyone experience something similar. for reference the test I took today is much lighter than the one last night. maybe I should test with EMU?

Elle.T. typically your luteal phase length doesn't vary. Oh can be delayed by stress. So maybe when you were having trouble with idea of ntnp. It is definetly possible to O later and have a normal luteal phase. Your total cycle length should just be longer.

Wow on the snow! We have anywhere from 7-10 inches in our yard. The snow from early in the week partially melted then froze to be icy. Stay safe and warm :)

Yea its pretty crazy. Everything is shut down, no buses and no trains and anyone caught driving will be arrested accept emergency vehicles.

Yea I guess I have to wait and see if my cycle is longer I will keep testing the next few days and and see if anything changes. I know your cycle can vary in length a few days. I guess my cycle didn't become as regular as I would like... :wacko: I have been pretty stressed this month. things have been tough on the money front so maybe that could contribute as well.

I guess only time will tell.

Elle.T. I was just reading about the travel ban. It's crazy how much snow the north east is getting.

Elle - yeah as Flueky said your O date may change but your Luteal Phase shouldn't change. So if you O late, then you will still have the same length of a LP and your total cycle length will just be longer.

AFM - here I am having lots of eW cm. my OPK this afternoon was getting close, even though this morning I still had an open circle on the advanced digi. but this morning my thermometer died - batteries are dead - and I'm at my moms. Ugh. what timing. :/

Quick update.. seems like my O may be starting today. Last month my LP was 12 days which is shorter than I would like bUT I'm hearing 12-14 is in the normal range. I started seeing some. EWCM still no positive Opks which is strange. Anyone O before without a positive opk?

Angel, that sucks about your thermometer. Hope the advanced shows high or peak fertility today. Well, as long as you are able to get some BD in.

Elle.T. yes it's possible. Some people have short surges of LH. However, EWCM can vary in how long it lasts for people. It's an indication you have increased estrogen level and you should have LH surge approaching.

So this morning my advanced jumped to a solid smiley (peak). I'm like WTF! Apparently I started testing too late and it wasn't able to detect the estrogen surge. Yesterday's IC was really dark but not quite positive, same with this mornings. Going to definitely BD tonight when we get home (we have a 3 hour drive after this, we are at my moms still working on our inherited property). I'm frustrated that I wasn't able to temp yesterday or today so I'll have a hard time telling where my shift was. :( ugh. so frustrated.

But today I picked up a cheapie thermometer and swapped the battery from it into my basal and its working again (that was cheaper than buying a battery for it, :haha: ) and so I can at least temp tomorrow. Keeping FX that I don't actually O for another day or two, so I have some time to get in some good BD. We haven't BD since Wednesday because of my root canal + driving down here + spending all day yesterday working on the house. :/ Of all the months to O early!

Elle - 12-14 days is very normal. If you have a short surge then you could O without a positive OPK.

Angel, yeah I'm too irregular to use the advanced opk. Okay, so I hope O holds of just a couple days :) isn't sad that it was cheaper to buy new thermometer than battery?

so, based on this mornings temp I'm pretty sure I O'd yesterday even though I don't have temps for the last two days. Got in BD yesterday and going to try for today just to be sure. So I'm not really optimistic about this month, I have O-4, O, and possibly O+1. :/ but it's still a chance!

Little concerned only because I don't usually get a +OPK with FMU so I am concerned that yesterdays peak was a remainder from a surge from the previous day and that I possibly O'd the day before. But last night I did an IC and it was close to positive (not quite but very dark, dark enough that if I hadn't done one in the AM I would have assumed that was my +) and so I think I can safely assume yesterday was O day. I hope so anyway. :/

I am still a little over the top shocked about the incredibly early O compared to what used to be a CD26 O!!

and yes, how insanely crazy is it that it was cheaper to buy a cheapo thermometer and swap out the battery than to buy a replacement battery!?

Whoa Angel it seems like your cycles are getting better and better!!

Flukey- did the snow calm down? How was this AF compared to natural ones? I'm doing pretty good! I'm working Monday through Friday now and as nice as it is having off weekends they seem to go by soooo much faster! Haha.

Ladies I have a question ! So normally I seem to get a positive opk on cd 18 and I think I O on 20 . Today I am cd 20 and have bd last night . However I just took a test and got a raging positive . Should I wait until tomorrow up bd hoping I don't miss O or should we tonight but it will only be one day ..... Obviously I don't know when I actually O but I assumed it was 2 days later based on O pain. However I have only gotten BFN so what's the best bet here . Ugh

Angel, I'm glad your body is Oing sooner.

AJangel, snow quit late Saturday. So glad it stopped but I didn't have anywhere to go so it wasn't terrible. AF wasn't as painful is the only main difference. Yes the weekends go by way too fast, glad you are doing well.

AFM, started vitex back on Saturday. Nothing too exciting right now, just waiting for AF to leave

Ajangel - yeah, my cycles do seem to be getting better and better! Hopefully this is just a results of finally stabilizing after bcp

Hopingsomeday - I don't quite understand your explanation, but if you just got a positiveOPK then I would BD again unless your DH has a low sperm count issue that you know of. Since you can O on the day of the +OPK or up to 2 days later (with no way to determine for sure w/out temping) then I would just DTD every day for the next 2-3 days.

Hoping. I agree with angel. If you got a positive opk, BD daily unless there are sperm count issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->