Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

TTC #1 - in cycle 5 now, been off BCP since July 2015 after 12 years. I'm 31, DH is 30. My cycle lengths have been all over the place...longest being 38 days. However, I've noticed that I've been spotting almost every cycle a few days before my period. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm going to start BBT charting this month. Any tips? I've just used cheapie OPK's until now.

I sometimes spot the day before AF especially more in the beginning.

Make sure you have a bbt thermometer. Try to take temp around save time every day with at least 3 hours sleep. No eating, drinking, moving (other than grabbing thermometer from nightstand). I temp orally, but I know some women temp vaginally. The key is consistency. Oh alcohol can alter your temp too. That's all I can think of at the moment. Goid luck :)

My temps rose a tiny bit today. Kinda nice not to have a flat temp. Though I started searching FF and found a lot of charts that ended in BFP that had 4+ flat temps post-O. Now I've got myself all sorts of hopefully. :wacko:

Furbabiesonly - welcome!! :wave: Based on your name, what are your furbabies? I've got 2 minpins. <3 my dogs. :)

I had long cycles after stopping bcp but only about 40ish days, wth a very short LP, NEVER that long! That kind of sucks that your doctor won't do anything until 6 months! What brand of Vitex are you using? Seems like a silly question but I found that different brands worked differently for me. The one that worked best and really shortened my cycles was Gaia brand. It uses a liquid form of Vitex (in a capsule) instead of the powder or roots and it worked pretty quickly for me. BUT I know that it acn take 3 months or so for Vitex to work. :hugs: hopefully you get AF soon!

Also....have you tested recently just to make sure ?

Flueky - :happydance: Welcome to the TWW!

Gagrl - You will get there! :hugs: Looks like your body might have been gearing up to O with that drop and then might be about to gear up again. Sometimes I've seen that happen with me (more than one dip). Just keep up the BD as much as you can, maybe EOD like Flueky said, and keep an eye on your CM. As long as its EW or Watery you're fertile. :hugs:

khttc - Welcome! :wave: Spotting a few dasy before period can be normal or can mean a low progesterone. How long is your LP approximately (based on your OPKs)? As for BBT - the big thing is to use a BBT thermometer. If you can get one with a memory that's best if you are like me and not fully awake. Try to temp around the same time every day for best results, and try to get a decent 3 hours sleep beforehand. For ex: if you wake up at 4am to go to the bathroom and your alarm is going to go off at 5am to get up, then temp at 4am because between 4 and 5am you won't get a decent sleep and your temp will be off. If however, you wake up at 4am and just roll over to go back to sleep then don't worrya bout it. It's the getting up and moving that messes up your temps.

I would look at using Fertility Friend - they have a GREAT "lesson" on charting. Just put your temps in there and watch your temps for a cycle or two. It takes a little while to get the hang of it. DON'T LET IT STRESS YOU OUT! :haha: Go into it this first cycle with the intention of just getting ot know your body and using it to help confirm what you already know. :)

Literally since I posted my first post, I started my period (CD28). Bummer. So basically I spotted a little brown since the 24th (CD24). Also, I didn't really get a positive OPK result until CD17 or CD18...it's a toss up between the two. So this definitely seems like a short LP to me.

I will definitely start charting and look into Fertility Friend. I've been using My Days.

That does sound like a short LP. Though 10 days isn't bad but several days of spotting can be a sign of low progesterone. Or it could be nothing. Hopefully you can figure it out. Charting will help you pinpoint ovulation so you can determine how long your LP fully is b

Soo... I'm very cautiously considering myself 1dpo....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 5
Angel, hehehe, I know last cycle I was comparing my chart every day to see if similar to bfp charts. I'm feeling much more calm this time. Kind of odd, but I'm glad. :)

Khttc, seems like you MAY have low progesterone. Some ladies take B6 to lengthen their luteal phase. My luteal phase has continued to get longer (probably due to vitex balancing my hormones) from 11 to 13 day luteal phase.

Gagrlinpitt Oh yeah :happydance: Hope this is it :)

Trying to hold out testing until 10dpo. The urge is real! :haha:

Gagrl - yay! I hope it is!!

Angel- I can only imagine.. Your chart looks great though!

Flueky- me too. How are you feeling?

I actually just noticed Kindara gave me a coverline ...

Angel, I know we could find out early like right at O if we were pregnant or not. I'm going to try to hold out until the 10th at 14dpo. I'm not feeling anxious so far but it's early.

Gagrlinpitt, I'm pretty good. What about you? That's pretty awesome Kindara gave you a cover line. Sounds like it thinks you are 1dpo ;)

Angel, I know we could find out early like right at O if we were pregnant or not. I'm going to try to hold out until the 10th at 14dpo. I'm not feeling anxious so far but it's early.

Gagrlinpitt, I'm pretty good. What about you? That's pretty awesome Kindara gave you a cover line. Sounds like it thinks you are 1dpo ;)

Now comes the hard part for all of us... Waiting lol..

Yes I believe we are :dance: I can't wait for the :bfp:s to start rolling in :)

Thank you ABmommy! Oh and good luck tomorrow at your appt. Let us know how it goes :)

Angel- I think so.. Crazy huh

Flueky- agreed.. Ready for some bump buddies

AB- please keep us updated on your appointment

Ladies I have kind of a stupid question.. I realized this morning when I woke up to temp, I might have found a slight variable.. I sleep with the fan on full speed and woke up shivering this morning and realized yesterday was the first day I had the heater on. Do you think that could effect my bbt? My temp went down this morning and Kindara took away my coverline.. So either I didn't ovulate or I dunno

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->