Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Oh well. I've read being sick has your immune system down so maybe I'll be lucky and have implantation be a success. I told DH I'm pretty sure I have the flu. I'm taking Tylenol to keep the fever down though. Anyways, have a good night every one

Oh well. I've read being sick has your immune system down so maybe I'll be lucky and have implantation be a success. I told DH I'm pretty sure I have the flu. I'm taking Tylenol to keep the fever down though. Anyways, have a good night every one

Feel better girly.. Take care of yourself.

Afm, I hope you ladies don't mind me venting but I need somewhere to do it. This is not at all about ttc. Two years ago my father in law went into the hospital with chf and had a gallon of fluid in his lungs. My dh and I basically took care of everything and after finding out he had no health insurance, I took care of getting all his disability and such squared away.. He war an avid smoker.. Well of course he was told to quit. About six months ago I find an ashtray with butts in the garage at his house and asked him and he said no, then his brother called my dh asking if he was smoking again. About a month ago he ended up going into Afib and had to be hospitalized again.. Then about thirty minutes ago my dh went over there and the entire garage reeked of smoke and he found ashes. My dh grew up with his dad as his parents got divorced at a young age and I can tell out is really hurting my dh which upsets me to no end that not only is he smoking again but he lied to me about it.. I'm trying not to let it stress me out as I'm in my TWW, but I'm heart broken...

Thank you, I will.

Oh that's a hard thing for people to do. Maybe he could use a nicotine patch. I see it all the time and it's something unfortunately people have a hard time quitting. I would have you and/or DH tell him how much it hurt him that he lied about it and let him know they are worried about his health and smoking. My step dad still smokes and he has COPD. He knows how bad it is for him and he's tried quitting in the past unsuccessfully. However, yes there are some success stories. I think it's a bit of a cultural thing here.

Thank you, I will.

Oh that's a hard thing for people to do. Maybe he could use a nicotine patch. I see it all the time and it's something unfortunately people have a hard time quitting. I would have you and/or DH tell him how much it hurt him that he lied about it and let him know they are worried about his health and smoking. My step dad still smokes and he has COPD. He knows how bad it is for him and he's tried quitting in the past unsuccessfully. However, yes there are some success stories. I think it's a bit of a cultural thing here.

I just don't know what to do without making a big scene

Flukey- nooooo I hope it's just a cold and not the flu! I had the flu 3 years ago and it was horrible. I just read flu season seems to be later this year in my state though, I hope it's not the same for you! What about Tamiflu?

Gagarlin- that's tough! Some people just can't change or break habits no matter what it's doing to them. Maybe you guys can bring it up to him and just say you are concerned because you love him and offer suggestions for quitting?

Afm just waiting for the weekend. My anatomy scan is Monday and I'm really anxious for it, just praying for a healthy baby!

Gagrlinpitt just be honest with him. Offer support about wanting to help him quit.

AJangel, I'm pretty sure it is. I had flu last year in January and I pretty much feel the same. I'm thinking as long as I can muster it. I'm going to walk in clinic tomorrow morning. I need to research if tamiflu is conception friendly. It didn't help me last year but I think I was just barely over 48 hour window. I can't wait for your scan Monday :happydance:

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't checked in I've been crazy busy with work... Training a new woman (hello, promotion!) and it's month end and in the accounting world that's a crazy time. I had my appointment yesterday! It went well. I peed in a cup, they gave me a bunch of goodies (coupons, samples), she swabbed me for stds (didn't need a pap, just had one in November), then got 8 tubes of blood drawn. I go in 3 weeks for my 1st ultrasound!!!! Yay!!!!

Hope you all are doing ok!!

Gagrl - That's so hard! :hugs: Sounds like a very difficult situation, I wouldn't know what to say/do either.

Flueky -Oh no!

ABmommy & Ajangel - can't wait for your next appointment!

ABmommy, wow a promotion is fantastic. So happy for you :)

Angel, I know.

Fyi, it takes a while for bbt to register temp 100.23

Tested this morning. bfn. Not surprised. But one of the sticks (I can't tell if it's yesterday's or today's now, I didn't mark them) is playing tricks on my eyes and I can see something where the line should be. It's just catching my eye, not enough to be a shadow or an indent, just.... something. Line eye I guess.

ABmommy, wow a promotion is fantastic. So happy for you :)

Angel, I know.

Fyi, it takes a while for bbt to register temp 100.23

Ick. :( Lots of water and rest if you can!

Well, DH stayed home from work to drive me to dr. I have flu type A. Yuck, yuck.

Angel, I hope bfn turns to bfp :)

Thanks Gagrlinpitt :hugs: I unfortunately was pretty sure it was. One of the other nurses was out this week with flu, the symptoms came on suddenly, and I felt a lot like I did last year with flu except no fever or aches. Anyways, I took some tamiflu and just woke up from a nap and feel a fair bit better :)

Thanks Gagrlinpitt :hugs: I unfortunately was pretty sure it was. One of the other nurses was out this week with flu, the symptoms came on suddenly, and I felt a lot like I did last year with flu except no fever or aches. Anyways, I took some tamiflu and just woke up from a nap and feel a fair bit better :)

Awsome.. Sleep and hydration

Tested again this afternoon, clearly BFN. Checked CM and got some pink and the CM is less creamy and more.... well like I get about a day or two before AF :/ So I'm not sure.

Aww Flueky! Glad you'e feeling a little better! :hugs:

Oh no I hope it may just be from implantation, Angel. FX!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->