Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Hi ladies, I hope to join you. I am 32 years old, I went off BCP on June 11 midpack, as soon as husband and I agreed it was baby time, I got my withdrawal bleed June 14-17. I spotted/light flow brown (sorry tmi) June 30-July3. I started temping July 6 and haven't seen a temp shift. I spotted June 14-15 (light brown). Started using OPK on July 17 but many seem to be positive or fairly close (at least july 18-21). On July 19 I started spotting brown again and looks like it has turned into AF today, my OPK was lighter today but still not temp shift. Was hoping for that "extra fertile" month after BC but it seems like it more so sent my system into chaos.

Welcome, smiley! Yes, it sucks how going off BC can really mess with everything for a month or so - but hopefully by next cycle, everything will start to regulate! I went off the pill at the beginning of March, but I don't think I actually ovulated until June (I didn't start tracking until then though, so I might have). So be easy on yourself, and try not to stress too much.

Flueky, I'm not familiar with either of those. I was on Ortho Tri Sprintec for around 10 years as well. What a beautiful dream, a friend of mine had a pregnancy dream not long before so found out she was pregnant, let's hope this is the case for you!

Mininun, it really does. I have had a lot spotting through this whole first cycle that has confused me as to what was actually my AF and make me wonder if something is wrong. What BC were you on? What symptoms did you have the frist month coming off?

Mininun, it really does. I have had a lot spotting through this whole first cycle that has confused me as to what was actually my AF and make me wonder if something is wrong. What BC were you on? What symptoms did you have the frist month coming off?

I was on Loestrin 24 for six years continuously. I stopped the pill the first week of March, and by that weekend, I had a withdrawal bleed that lasted a couple days, just like a regular period. No more spotting after that until my next period, which was probably four weeks later. After that month though, AF has been very regular, which is a good thing I guess, but I still thought I would get pregnant faster than this! A good friend of mine went off the pill at the same time I did, and it probably took her a full month of random spotting before she got regulated. I think both scenarios are pretty normal, so I'm sure you will get on track soon.

As for other symptoms, I have been breaking out a lot more since going off the pill. I almost never had breakouts the entire six years on the pill, so my skin is definitely showing the hormonal changes!

Mininun, I have had the breakouts too and my hair seems to be a little greasy by the end of the day, also cramping throughout my cycle. On the good side of stopping BC, I feel in a much better mood and I'm not as "sassy" as DH likes to say lol. So you have Oed the past two months?

Yep, starting in June I noticed midcycle cramping and very light spotting. I had that this month too. I used the ovulation trackers last month and intended to this month, but ran out right before my fertile window and didn't get a chance to go buy more. A lot of the ladies here do the temping method as well, but I think adding that on at this point would be a little too stressful for me. But it seems to work really well for most people. Will you be tracking at all, or are you going to give yourself a few months to regulate?

That's great, happy to hear that your cycles are regulated, Hopefully BFP is coming soon for you. I have been tracking BBT (didn't start till July 6) and have yet to see a temp shift. I used OPKs July 17-22 and the one's from 18-21 appear to pos if not really close, that's why I am so thrown of that AF started the next day. As much as I would love a BFP I'm excited for conformation of O so at least I know I have a chance.

I'm sure you will ovulate soon! But if it takes a little while, try not to stress, it's totally normal. Easier said than done I know - once you have baby fever, it holds on!

Omg! I kept saying my hair felt oiler too! DH said it was probably hormonal changes from stopping bcp. I have noticed it in past couple weeks though. Yeah, waiting to ovulate is rough. Try not yo stress (I know "easier said than done"). I have some good news. My opk is definitely the darkest since I've been testing. Its not positive but its getting there. Hope to O by end of next week. Please wish me luck, prayers girls. It would mean so much to finally O. :)

Good luck, Flueky!! You got this! Or rather your system does! lol.

Here is photo of test
opk 7.23.15.jpg

Like I said not positive, but looking like it's coming. Or do you think I'm crazy? :blush:

Flueky, good luck and prayers your way for an O soon! Yes, trying not to stress but it is so hard not to not knowing what is going on. I wish getting pregnant was as easy as 8th grade health class where it was basically if you have sex you will get pregnant, they really don't prepare you for this challenge lol.

Flueky, looks like it's coming for sure. Hopefully in the next couple days you'll get your positive!! :)

I know smiley. I was an idiot and thought, once I stop birth control I'd be pregnant first month (I think it was rather wishful thinking). Until I really started reading and studying, getting pregnant isn't as easy as they led us to believe. :dohh:

I'll be praying that your body will sort itself out and doing it's "thing" again :)

Mininun, you doing okay? Any updates?

Pinkpandy or Ajangel what about you two?

That definitely looks like ovulation will be here any day!! Yeah, school and society made it seem like you could get pregnant at the drop of a hat...I wish there would have been a bit more education about the process included. I feel like I've learned more about my system from these boards than I did from any health class in school.

I'm doing good, still crampy and bloated. AF is due to arrive on Sunday, and I feel like I usually do when the witch is almost here. Hoping that it's prego cramping but I have a feeling that I'm out. How about everyone else?

Thank you mininun. Well I'll continue to say I hope your wrong about AF. Are you going to wait til she is late to test? Oh, I've gotten the hang of the grapefruit juice. I chug it down like a shot, then follow with about 3-5 saltines (the aftertaste is what's really raunchy to me; so it helps to get it down quick and follow up with something fast to get that taste out)

I agree mininun, I have learned far more from being on these boards than I ever did in school. Don't lose hope it's not over till the AF shows, hoping a BFP for you!

Can any of you make sense of this? Seems like a surge but then AF showed right in the middle.

Attachments

• IMG_2259.jpg
    IMG_2259.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 5
Huh smiley? That looks like positive on the 20th. Was it AF or light spotting? Some women can have ovulation spotting. I wouldn't think you'd have a positive opk when AF arrived.

Spotted (sorry tmi) brown 19th and 20th, 21st it's red and more than spotting. Took HPT yesterday and BFN.

Smiley that definitely sounds like ovulation spotting to me. Maybe wait a few more days and test again? That test from the 20th is a big positive.

Yes Flueky, if AF is late then I will test. I guess I don't want to get really excited for a BFP and then be let down. But I guess that's the game we are all playing now lol. I'll pick up some of that grapefruit juice tomorrow and try your shot trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->