Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Well my temp had a major drop today and I have light cramping/dull ache so I'm pretty sure AF is coming :-( on the positive side that'll mean my body is regulating which I will be super thankful for.. But of course I'll also be sad because I was secretly hoping I would get pregnant right after stopping BC. Now I wish I would have gotten off of it a long time ago! But oh well. I'm 12 DPO so technically I could have the temp drop from a late implantation but I highly doubt that as it doesn't seem very common so we shall see what happens tomorrow!

Fleuky what time of day are you testing OPKs and are you holding your bladder? I never got an OPK as dark as that! But I have trouble trying to limit fluids/hold my bladder as I'm always chugging water lol.

Mini-how long is your luteal phase? We might be cycle buddies but I have no idea how long my LF is yet.

Smiley have you done a pregnancy test? Jw because I've heard of pregnant women having positive OPKs and spotting so you should test just to see/rule out!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could more or less get a text from your body saying, "hey, I'm going to ovulate this day (at start of AF so we know of course) and then "okay the sperm is in the egg, you will implant on this day and get bfp on this day".

I've always been a big planner so it can be hard not knowing. I'm just trying to have fun and live like I'm not ttc, except on these boards of course ;)

Oh and I completely understand about not wanting to be let down by bfn. :hugs: Hope the grapefruit juice works to you :) or you don't need it.

Smiley that's odd. Maybe you could buy some IC opks and test daily. Unless money isn't an issue. Opks can be quite expensive. It's hard trying to figure your body out after stopping the pill.

Yes! I'm a huge planner too.. I plan trips and birthdays way far in advance, I need to know dinner plans early on.. Silly things like that I even plan! So this whole not knowing thing is driving me nuts.

AJabgel, I'm sorry. I try to think about 2 thungs I heard from another girl on a forum "It's not over until AF shows" and "You are one cycle closer to your bfp". It helps keep me sane sometimes or rather not depressed. I test usually between 4-6 p.m. I honestly hold urine to several hours because I don't always get time to while working. Therefore, I don't drink much. I hate gas station bathrooms, yuck :S I drink a lot at dinner though.

Ajangel, dip could be implantation, I hope this is the case for you. It's not over till the AF shows :). I took a HPT yesterday and BFN, I knew I was reaching but still disappointing.

I think we are all in the same boat of hoping to get pregnant right after BC. I am happy for this board as I know DH and friends have to be sick of me analyzing every little thing lol.

Flueky, omg if only that were the case so much stress and questioning would be eliminated... someone really needs to invent that and save us all this confusion.

Mininun, that's what I thought too... nothing I read says that OPK is pos before AF, I will test in a week of so and see.

Ajangel, my cycle is about 28 days long normally, with AF due this Sunday. That would be cool if we are cycle buddies!! I hope AF stays away from you- but I think I'll be starting too, so if the witch gets us both we can start next cycle fresh! It seems like the people who really want to get pregnant right after stopping bc don't, and those that don't really care get pregnant right away. I keep telling myself that it's perfectly normal to try for 6-12 months, but I think i will go nuts if I have to wait too much longer! I wanted a baby like yesterday lol.

Yep, just found out my little sister is 4 weeks pregnant her second cycle off bcp. She wasn't even really trying to get pregnant right away. So happy for her but still a little jealous.

:hugs: I'm sorry Pink. It's hard sometimes when people get something we want so bad. I pray you won't be far behind her and can share that journey.

Oh I'm sorry PinkPandy. It must be extra hard when a close relative gets pregnant so easily - right now for me it's just been friends and distant relatives popping up pregnant at the drop of a hat. Just like Flueky said, I hope that you will get your BFP soon and join her in the prego club.

Thanks ladies. It's hard too because I live 3000 miles away from her so I can't even be there with her for her journey. Full of emotions right now.

I'm sorry pink pandy :-( a close relative of mine also announced a pregnancy 2 days ago and while I am/was thrilled for them I won't lie.. I did cry for myself :-( I know I haven't been trying long or anything but I just have this huge longing to be pregnant and I just wish I could be pregnant too. I know my time will come though.

My temp was still low today way past cover line so I'm awaiting AF. I had some slight cramping yesterday and today and this past week I had NO appetite but today I'm starving so I think that must be my PMS symptoms along with lots of bloating and GI issues. Last night I got pretty nauseas at dinner time and the thought crossed my mind "maybe somehow I am pregnant?!" How unfair is it that PMS symptoms mimic pregnancy symptoms!

On another note.. What are all of your guys professions? Just curious 😀

I'm so sorry Pinkpandy, that must be so hard her living so far away.

Ajangel, yes I hate how the symptoms are similar. I'm a home health nurse :)
You?

AFM, My opk was the same as yesterday. I'll just be patient :) BD this weekend in case. Hope everyone has a good weekend :) and :dust: to us all

Ajangel it does suck that pre-AF symptoms are just like pregnancy symptoms! I'm due to start on Sunday, and even though I think I'm out, I'm still hopeful.

I'm a writer-not the super exciting kind though, I do website content, blogs and such. I do really like my work though! What about you?

Ajangel- yeah Im 11 dpo and keep thinking yes I must be, then no I can't be. It's pretty crazy what we do to ourselves.

I'm a registered pharmacy technician. So a legal drug dealer lol.

Anything to report ladies? AF arrive or late? Anyone test?

My opk was the same yesterday. It'll get darker....eventually. I've never been a patient person so it's aggravating, haha.

AF is due today but hasn't shown up yet. However I'm expecting the witch any minute, awful cramping! What about everyone else?

:hugs: I hope you are cramping for another reason, mininun. Not much here. Will update about my opk later

Oh I hope so too! I know it's very unusual for me to not start first thing in the morning. Keep us all updated on the opk situation!

Af due today i think. So sign yet.

Were your af signs different after coming off bc? The af cramps should feel the same as before right?

Opk still the same. Sigh. Have got to learn some patience.

Pinkpandy, I got a couple warning cramps with first AF post bcp. I think I had a headache too. Which was typical with AF. I don't really remember much before my last AF but it was really odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->