Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Oh those lines are very noticable. It is very much likely that your urine was too diluted :hugs:

AJANGEL how are you?

I did some research on FRER gold. The reviews are horrible. Problem reporting the digital reader. So I did the no no and broke t open. Two very clear pink lines.

I called the Doctor. They are going to do blood test and progesterone when I come in today. Will have results tomorrow!!

And I am going to pick up a normal FRER this afternoon and do a 4 hour hold test for my own peace of mind.

..... I can't believe this might be real!

Ah how exciting Angel. I can't wait for your next test

Thanks ladies! Not going to worry to much, just going to go about business as usual.

Angel I definitely see the lines, I agree with the other ladies it could just be diluted. same thing happens to me with opks when I drink alot of water it sometimes changes the results. Hope all goes well!

We leave in the am so this will be my last post til I get back! Hope everyone has a great week!

ElleT Have fun! :D

I Just got back from the doctor. What a whirlwind of a day!!

They took beta tests and progesterone. Will get those results tomorrow between 12-3pm.

Doctor went over our results from our tests. DH has good sperm speed and amount, there is a slightly higher "head abnormality" than he would like (they prefer it below 35% and his is at 40%), but everything else was really good. For future situations they might want to do a "sperm wash".

On my end most of my results came back pretty good except my progesterone. He said it was really low to begin with, and my 7DPO test was way lower than they would like. He said that it is probably the reason I've had 2 CPs and that we have a very short time to get my progesterone up above 15 (right now it's right around 5). I'm on progesterone pills 3x a day and in a couple days they'll do another test. IF however the blood they took today comes back below 5 then I will have to go back in immediately and switch to shots. As it was he stressed very heavily that I had tos tart the progesterone right now, not tomorrow, not later, but RIGHT NOW. They told me to call the pharmacy as soon as I left and make sure they got the prescription and started it ASAP and that I filled it TONIGHT. So I did. :)

They are also concerned that my lining didn't get as thick as they would have liked. He said it slightly increases the chance of losing this pregnancy, but only minutely and he's really hoping the progesterone is able to keep it.

I came home and took a FRER. It's a clear, distinct line. I also took a walmart cheapie, also a clear distinct line. the Wondfo's are still such bad squinters I almost can't see them.

..... I'm pregnant. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Please keep everything crossed that this one sticks!!!

Attachments

• 13082564_10104472278804460_162779005253909434_n.jpg
    13082564_10104472278804460_162779005253909434_n.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 4
Thank you all so much for the kind words.

Angel- oh my.... Eeeeee I'm so happy for you!

Afm, Got my ch this morning and it's looking like I'm 4dpo... I am not thinking this month is our month as we have been so distracted and didn't really pay attention to bd. I did find out yesterday though that I'm going to be an aunt, my BIL told my DH and I that a girl he's been seeing off and on not seriously is due in September with a little boy. Both DH and I were shocked and both a bit sad that it's not uus, but so excited for him. He hasn't told anyone else in the family yet so we felt honoured he told us first.

On another note, My DH had to go to the store to get clothing for the viewing for them to put on my FIL as he had no ties or shirts we could find and while shopping we decided to name our first boy after his dad. I honestly was hoping our first child would be a girl until yesterday, now I'm kind of hoping for a boy so we can actually do that.

Angel, I'm glad they are being so proactive. :dust: for sticky bean. Looking forward to your results. Also that is such a legit line on frer! :happydance:

Gagrlinpitt, yeah I think you guys have a good chance too :) ah I hope you can have a little boy first. That's so touching to name him after fil.

Angel, I'm glad they are being so proactive. :dust: for sticky bean. Looking forward to your results. Also that is such a legit line on frer! :happydance:

Gagrlinpitt, yeah I think you guys have a good chance too :) ah I hope you can have a little boy first. That's so touching to name him after fil.

It's kind of funny in a way. We've had our baby names picked out for about two years now and we weren't budging on them, and then after this we both decided almost at the exact same time we were changing the name. My FIL was only 62.. Just so young.

Hi All,

I've been stalking your thread and wondering if I can join? You seem like you've created such a supportive community on here. :flower:

Gag: My condolences on the loss of your FIL. What a difficult time for you and your husband. I also recognize your name from Gina's thread, right?

Angel: Congrats on your BFP! So exciting! :thumbup:

I have been off BCP since early January. First two cycles were super long (41 and 46 days). Was not charting diligently until this cycle. Had positive OPKs last week but temperature never spiked. I am hoping that my body will try again soon.

I have been doing lots of research in the past weeks on fertility and am trying to learn everything I can about this whole process. I am also finding how reassuring it is to be a part of an online community where everyone is going through similar things as I don't really feel comfortable discussing with friends and family and don't want to overwhelm my DH.

Thanks guys! <3

Got my beta test results. HCG is at 38 (that was 11DPO Test). Does anyone know whether that's good or bad? They want me back on Monday to do a follow up (make sure it's doubling). I said okay but then realized I'm out of sick days so I left a message to see if there's any way I can go in Sunday instead, they are open weekends until noon. I'll make it work if I Have to but it'd be easier for my job if I could go in on Sunday.

As for progesterone: they didn't give me my numbers for that. But I called because my chest turned BRIGHT RED, looked like a bad sun burn. They told me to stop taking the pills and they would prescribe me the vaginal suppository. They said I mihgt have to wait til tomorrow to get it, but I just called my pharmacy and they said they wont' get it for me until MONDAY NIGHT, and it'll cost $350!! Because insurance won't pay. :wacko:

DH says $ is not the issue, we have credit cards for a reason (I love him <3) but I'm really worried about no progesterone until Monday! I started calling around to all the local pharmacies and no one has it. The lady at Safeway actually called 15 other pharmacies (non-safeway ones, because she could only find 1 safeway in the whole state that has it in stock) and called me back and said no one has it anywhere. :(

Sooooo my plan is this: I'm taking my pills anyway today. I'm not going to risk it. I'm too scared. AF is due tomorrow....and I'm in the middle of a panic right now at the idea of being without progesterone for that many days after seeing how low my results were from my 7DPO test. I figure if I have a bright red rash this evening then at least I'm at home, and I can be miserable at home tonight (this stuff has some nasty side effects - I've literally been feeling drunk all day - it's not a good feeling -but I'll take it if it gets me my rainbow).

I'll call the dr tomorrow and ask what they want me to do. The one safeway that has it is about an hour+ drive away. If the doctor really wants me off the pills, we'll do the drive. That's a lot of money but..... at least I'd have it (and they said it has almost no side effects compared to the pills).

Gagrl - Yay for CH! Hopefully you do get it this time, but if not you've had a lot going on! :hugs: I think it's a wonderful idea to name your child after your FIL. :hugs:

faye Welcome!! Of course you can join!! This is an amazing group, some of the best women I've had the pleasure of walking this journey with!
Sounds like your first two cycles off BCP were just like mine (40ish days). it took me awhile to regulate. This is a great place to get information! If you have any questions just ask, we are very willing to help!

Angel- I was prescribed the vaginally suppositories but they were actually the pills.. They had me do them vaginally even though they technically were oral! Can you ask about that?? It's much cheaper that way!! Your HCG is great, I think mine was 28. They just make sure it's doubling every 48 hours! So excited for you. The vaginally suppositories took my progesterone from 8 to 18 in 3 days!

Hi Faye :) yes your body can try and fail, but can later. I've learned my body's rhythm so I can use less opks. It took me 6 months to regulate but I'm finally here. Now to get pregnant.

Gagrlinpitt :hugs: it is too young. Life can be cruel sometimes.

Angel Oh no, I would say take a benadryl 30 minutes before progesterone but I don't think it's safe in pregnancy. Oh, I think that's a fantastic beta for 11dpo!! :dust:

So the good news is I Didn't have any rash or side effects last night from the pills. So when I call the dr today I'm going to ask about continuing the pills since I can't get the suppositories.

If not, I will have to call the insurance and request an exemption, which I may or may not get granted. Right now they will only pay for progesterone pills, but if my doctor says I must have a different version because either my current one doesn't work or because I have an adverse affect that could be detrimental to my health an exemption request can be made.

Either way I'm not comfortable with no progesterone between now and Monday.

Ajangel - really? You used the pills as suppositories? Interesting! I might ask about that. It makes me feel better to know your HCG was 28. I was really worried at first because the number feels so low, but I'm also still testing and my lines are slowly getting a little darker on my tests so I think that means my hormones are increasing.

Angel: Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I definitely have lots of questions and am trying to learn as much as I can! I am so excited to hear that you got your :bfp: and glad your test lines are getting darker. And I hope that everything is now settled with the progesterone and your body is reacting to it nicely. Sounds very stressful!

Flueky: Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope you get your BFP soon! :flower:

As for me: I am on day 24 of my 3rd cycle off of BCP. I was using the CB advanced digitals and had 4 high fertility readings and then a peak reading about a week ago. But then my temp never spiked. However, yesterday I learned that the BBT thermometer I have been using is not meant to be used vaginally… So I switched to oral temping today, hence the HUGE temp drop. Yesterday I started experiencing some cramping, so I’m hoping that maybe my body will try to ovulate again. But I used an advanced dig this morning and got a “low” reading.

I guess I will have to continue to wait patiently for my body to get its act together! :coffee:

Got hold of my doctor today. Took awhile, I guess they were really busy so it took awhile for them to get back to me. They decided that I should stay on the pills for now, since I didn't have a reaction last night. But if I have any redness or shortness of breathe again I am to stop again immediately. They don't want me to go until Monday night without progesterone.

Today's pills didn't give me nearly the side effects that they did on Friday. Felt a little fuzzy but not at bad. I'm happy about that!

Today we went to the store and I looked through all the tests until I found the LEAST SENSITIVE test I could (EPT has only an 85% accuracy rate at -1 days before AF, whereas most others are 98%). I know that's a blue dye test but I grabbed it and some WalMart brands (which say to not test until day of missed period) and a CB Digi (because, well, I like to see the word Pregnant). All of them came with clear positives. This makes me a LOT more reassured that my hormones are definitely increasing. Today is only 13DPO!

Doctor appointment Monday to check HCG levels and progesterone levels. And then every 48 hours blood work until my HCG is up to 1500 and thats when they'll do an ultrasound to locate the embryo sac.

:wacko:

I can't believe this is actually happening!

Faye - Thanks!! This has been 14 months TTC and 2 CPs, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

With the advanced digi's you won't get a blinking face unless you start it early enough for it to pick up a base line and then pick up a change in the estrogen. So sometimes the advanced digi's don't pick up the blinky face if you start taking it too late.

Good luck with the Ovulation wait! Do you have fertile CM? You may not get a good shift this cycle because of temping issue.

So I know I'm only 6dpo but since today is the viewing for my FIL I felt the urge to test. The FRER was BFN of course, which I expected but figured I'd test just to see. I'll test again with a FRER probably may 7.

Angel congrats on dark bfp :) I'm sure seeing the word pregnant was an amazing feeling :) I'm glad the progesterone is doing better now.

Faye Oh yeah that advanced digital opk is not my friend. You really have to know your cycle to use them. I really suggest using the IC opks and then using the plain digital for confirmation of positive. I agree with Angel you probably won't have a clear shift because of temp method change. FX for O soon though.

Gagrlinpitt Oh it's okay sometimes we all break down and test too early. You should have an answer by the 7th :) oh and I'll be thinking of you all today :hugs:

AFM increasing amounts of fertile CM big temp drop today. No positive opk yet but I should O by end of week. I think I will probably O Wednesday judging by past cycles. I have my pap on Tuesday so unless my opk is positive on Monday I plan to skip BD on Monday. I suspect a positive will happen Tuesday though. Anyways I hope everyone has a good rest of their weekend.

I came off the pill in late January. Last cycle was 58 days and anovulatory according to my temps. I have attached a pic below of my current bbt chart. Do you guys think I ovulated? What's with the long LP if I did?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79