Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Thanks ladies, I guess I just needed a reminder.

Faye hopefully your temp will continue to go up.

Gagrlinpitt :dust: for you.

Angel, oh how exciting to have weekly ultrasounds. That'll be so reassuring :)

AJANGEL I hope you are doing well

Fluek- I'm going to need some help on these opks.. This is my first time using them ever. The package says to start around cycle day 11. I've decided for this month I'm going to wait to start temping until I start opks. I think it might be a bit less stressful. I'm still going to chart though to monitor my cm. Maybe making this a bit less stressful this month and having opks, we'll get a sticky egg.

Posting quickly before work and then will catch up on everyone else this evening...

Starting to lose it over here! Still no temp spike and got another positive cheapie this morning. Thoughts on if we take a day off of BD? My poor husband is losing steam! Perhaps body is gearing up and then won't be able to O again. :(

Looking at your chart you may get your spike tomorrow with your pos opks. I don't think taking one day off would be too bad considering sperm can last in the body up to seven day.

Gagrlinpitt CD 11 seems fine to start as you Od on 16 last cycle. I don't think you'd get a positive before that. Test in afternoon with about a 4 hour hold. I would test 2 p.m or later. Try not to drink a whole lot either before you test as if you're urine is diluted you can get a false negative.

Faye FX for you. Maybe you guys could take a break tonight.

Gagrlinpitt CD 11 seems fine to start as you Od on 16 last cycle. I don't think you'd get a positive before that. Test in afternoon with about a 4 hour hold. I would test 2 p.m or later. Try not to drink a whole lot either before you test as if you're urine is diluted you can get a false negative.

Faye FX for you. Maybe you guys could take a break tonight.

Good to know! I'll probably test after work at 4:30..

Gagrl: What type of OPKs did you buy? I have used the CB advanced digis and the cheapie Wondfos.

Thinking more about my positive OPK this morning and could it have been false positive since used FMU? Trying to hold pee for a bit and maybe am going to take another one in a bit. PRAYING for a temp rise tomorrow, ack.

Just used another cheapie and it was negative. So we shall see what tomorrow's BBT brings...

Hey Ladies!

I am back from vacation and it was wonderful! I took a HPT and it was negative which is a relief because of all the drinking I did Last week. lol

I am slightly concerned because I took a form of BCP to delay my period since I was due to get it right in the middle of the vacation. It was supossed to come 2 days after stopping the pill but here we are 4 days after and the witch is still a no show. I am not instantly regretting skipping it because I am worried I threw my whole cycle off. Its not supposed to affect O so I should still O on time be on time. I called my GYN and she said it sometimes takes longer to resume that I should be fine. Blah. lol

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Today I went back to the gym for the first time in 2+ weeks. Between the pneumonia scare and then so many doctor appointments with this pregnancy I haven't gone lately. Plus the exhaustion. I was almost too tired to go but I forced myself to go and I feel so much better afterwards!

(please no judgement, just need advice)
Question: what do you ladies think about caffeine?

My research seems to imply there is a correlation between high caffeine intake and increase miscarriages but also says that <200mg has no correlation between miscarriage and caffeine, and that it is the higher amounts that is a problem. I have cut down to only 1 cup of coffee (if I have a second cup it's decaf but I'm drinking peppermint tea at work now because of the nausea). I had a "zipfizz" this afternoon because come about 1pm I had reached a point where I wasn't going to make it through the rest of my classes at all. The zipfizz has approximately as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Most of my research says that the reason zipfizz is considered "not recommended" for pregnancy is because of the caffeine, though it has 100mg of caffeine and that is below the limit. And I'm using about half a tube right now.

I KNOW I should not drink a lot of caffeine, so please no judging..... But the exhaustion is epic. And when dealing with high school kids I can't be that tired....and my last period class is the worst behaved of the day, I need energy to survive. I don't know what else to do. :/

Gagrl - we'll be glad to help you with the OPKs. Best time to use an OPK is in the afternoon, after a 3-4 hour hold. I usually tested around 4pm after work. The more concentrated the urine the better read you'll get on the OPK. Your OPK is only considered positive if the test line is as dark or darker than the control. Sometimes cheapies get really really close but not 100%, so don't stress too much if it is almost the right color. The nice thing about cheapies is that they're cheap so if you get close to positive you can test again in a few hours and usually that'll be positive. :)

CD11 looks like a good time to start. You want to start early enough so that you don't have to risk missing the surge and since your last O was later that should be good.

Faye - the way your temps are dropping I would think you might get a rise tomorrow. Taking a day off shouldn't hurt. If you do get a temp rise tomorrow then you'd still be at O-1 (and -2 and -3) so that is still very good. You've got plenty of spermies waiting up there and they can last 3-5 days on average (up to 7 if they're really lucky). If you get the temp rise tomorrow then try to get in BD tomorrow just in case because egg can last 24 hours.

Elle - Hope you get on your next cycle soon! how was your vacation??

Hi ladies,
I finally took the plunge and joined the forums after many months of reading these forums. Excited to be a part of the ttc community :) I started TTC in Feb 2016, BCP from 2009-2015, currently dealing with AF and feeling stressed and drinking lots of wine since I can for a few days ^_^

Angel5000 - Caffeine is one of my biggest worries as well. I think that on terribly tiring days, the stress of you worrying over the 100mg of caffeine isn't worth it! You're well below the caffeine limit, plus you're not consuming high amounts of caffeine daily. On high stress days like this, if having some caffeine can help you get through your day, then by all means don't let people try to judge you and your medically sound decisions. My close friends who have been pregnant have all had teas and coffees that are around the 200mg limit during their ttc, pregnancy, breastfeeding time periods. I think consistently reduced caffeine intake is better than no caffeine + stress constantly.

Angel- awesome thank you. I got the wondfos.

I actually called my step dad today because my cycle is so weird this month. Saturday AF showed up and it was medium flow, yesterday was very light, and today just spotting and very very light reddish brown flow. My step dad told me I could take a test mid week just to be sure??? So Thursday I'll test... Thank goodness for ICs

Elle.T welcome back and I'm glad it sounds like you had a good time. Was it the mini pill, the progesterone only? I know when I took progesterone to induce AF they said it would start like 2 to 10 days after stopping it. I think it was 4 days after stopping it.

Faye, I think you are due for a temp rise today :)

Gagrlinpitt fx for you :) yes IC are a life saver if you want to test without breaking the bank.

Angel, I think as long as you limit your caffeine intake it'll be fine.

Peonies, hello. I hope your ttc journey is short. How long are your cycles post pill?

Thanks ladies. I'm going to try to limit caffeine but not stress over it if I need an extra boost at the end of the day. It's not fair to my 6t period class's for me to have zero patience because I'm overly exhausted. And my kiddos that class are really hard to manage. Other students and teachers who have seen my roster ALL day "oh my.... I am so very sorry. I can't believe they did that to you". Every time. So you can imagine. Lol.

Peonies - welcome!! Did your body start regulating pretty easily post pill or are you having some crazy cycles? We're always happy to have new people join us!

Fluek- spotting again this morning so I'm chalking it up to a light cycle. I think may is our month.

How are you feeling?

Angel- I gave up caffeine when I got my BFP except for the occasional coke (which I needed to settle my stomach sometimes) which was maybe 1-2 times a week. But, it's totally a personal choice. research shows that under 200mg is safe, so if you need a little Caffeine I'm sure it's fine! I know other pregnant ladies who drink coffee and it's totally fine. The tiredness is real in pregnancy .. I literally slept until 7:30am, went to work 9-5 and literally got in bed at 5:30 when I got home first trimester! I'm still tired now at 25 weeks but it's not like it was first trimester thank goodness. So it does get better!

Faye- I see a temp rise today! Fingers crossed!

Elle- I'm so glad you had fun! What kinda pill was it?

Flukey- happy nurses week!!!

Yes it was awesome!

No judgement here but maybe consider switching to Black tea instead, It still has Caffeine in but not as much as coffee. I completely get the fatique. I get soooo incredibly tired during my period I need naps to just get through the day. I cant imagine during the first trimester. Fruit Helps too.

Today I went back to the gym for the first time in 2+ weeks. Between the pneumonia scare and then so many doctor appointments with this pregnancy I haven't gone lately. Plus the exhaustion. I was almost too tired to go but I forced myself to go and I feel so much better afterwards!

(please no judgement, just need advice)
Question: what do you ladies think about caffeine?

My research seems to imply there is a correlation between high caffeine intake and increase miscarriages but also says that <200mg has no correlation between miscarriage and caffeine, and that it is the higher amounts that is a problem. I have cut down to only 1 cup of coffee (if I have a second cup it's decaf but I'm drinking peppermint tea at work now because of the nausea). I had a "zipfizz" this afternoon because come about 1pm I had reached a point where I wasn't going to make it through the rest of my classes at all. The zipfizz has approximately as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Most of my research says that the reason zipfizz is considered "not recommended" for pregnancy is because of the caffeine, though it has 100mg of caffeine and that is below the limit. And I'm using about half a tube right now.

I KNOW I should not drink a lot of caffeine, so please no judging..... But the exhaustion is epic. And when dealing with high school kids I can't be that tired....and my last period class is the worst behaved of the day, I need energy to survive. I don't know what else to do. :/

Gagrl - we'll be glad to help you with the OPKs. Best time to use an OPK is in the afternoon, after a 3-4 hour hold. I usually tested around 4pm after work. The more concentrated the urine the better read you'll get on the OPK. Your OPK is only considered positive if the test line is as dark or darker than the control. Sometimes cheapies get really really close but not 100%, so don't stress too much if it is almost the right color. The nice thing about cheapies is that they're cheap so if you get close to positive you can test again in a few hours and usually that'll be positive. :)

CD11 looks like a good time to start. You want to start early enough so that you don't have to risk missing the surge and since your last O was later that should be good.

Faye - the way your temps are dropping I would think you might get a rise tomorrow. Taking a day off shouldn't hurt. If you do get a temp rise tomorrow then you'd still be at O-1 (and -2 and -3) so that is still very good. You've got plenty of spermies waiting up there and they can last 3-5 days on average (up to 7 if they're really lucky). If you get the temp rise tomorrow then try to get in BD tomorrow just in case because egg can last 24 hours.

Elle - Hope you get on your next cycle soon! how was your vacation??

Yup it was the progesterone only. I know my period will come just hoping it wont comes when I am supposed to be O'ing since we will be back to trying this month. I am now day 5 since stopping it.

Elle.T welcome back and I'm glad it sounds like you had a good time. Was it the mini pill, the progesterone only? I know when I took progesterone to induce AF they said it would start like 2 to 10 days after stopping it. I think it was 4 days after stopping it.

Welcome! These ladies have been so extremely helpful.

Hi ladies,
I finally took the plunge and joined the forums after many months of reading these forums. Excited to be a part of the ttc community :) I started TTC in Feb 2016, BCP from 2009-2015, currently dealing with AF and feeling stressed and drinking lots of wine since I can for a few days ^_^

Peonies: Welcome! I’m pretty new to this crew too and it’s a wonderful, supportive group of ladies. :flower:

Angel: Glad you made it to the gym! Seems like a good idea to stay as active as you can during pregnancy. And I’d be curious to know other’s takes on caffeine. My gut reaction is that in small amounts it’s fine and once I am eventually PG (God willing!), I won’t kick the habit completely. :coffee:

Gagrl: I started using the cheapie later in my cycle and really liked them. I actually was testing twice a day— with FMU (which you’re technically not supposed to because you might miss the surge, but I did got two positives that way) and then again in the afternoon. I never quite managed a 4 hour hold, but still did get positives for 3 days.

AJ: Thanks! :thumbup:

Ell: Hi, don't think we've met you! :wave:

I did get a nice temp spike today, but still trying not to get my hopes up. Yesterday when I got home, my OPK was negative (around 7:30). But around like 4 PM I had what can only be described as a hot flash— my left ear turned scarlet and was very painful/hot to the touch. It lasted for about an hour. Then last night at 3:30 AM I woke up feeling absolutely roasty, so the temp you see on my chart is from then. This morning I felt cooler but my temp was even higher. So fingers crossed that I O’ed early yesterday. Assuming another BD won’t be very helpful at this point…

HOPING to see my temps stay up over the next few days, but wouldn’t be surprised if this was another “false alarm”... only the next few day's temps will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->