Summer Lovin'...bring us some babies!

It makes sense...I would call at 4...if still nothing, ask about cancelling since you need it tomorrow...then you can just get it at the other place. But I don't think you have to worry about just coming home to meds tomorrow. You will be contacted before they go out...I think I get an email or something when it ships.

Well I just called again at about 5:20. And still nothing. Ugh! I told them they just need to call me no matter what but she said she doubted they would have time. Why can't there be a magic med fairy that can just drop it off at our houses?! Would eliminate so much stress. Lol

misaacs that is really ridiculous to have to go through. Do they really expect you to just wait around until this late in the game when you need them tomorrow? That's terrible!
At least you have another in-town option to buy the meds as backup, but still!

Sorry Michelle that you have to deal with incompetent people! I hope you'll get your meds in time, one way or the other.

minuet - what brand Myo-inositol are you taking? I've been taking the GNC brand because it seems to be the least expensive option out there and they go on sale frequently (just bought more today because they are BOGO on their website!) but it doesn't state whether it's Myo-inositol or D-chiro-inositol.

Thanks minuet and floridasian! I am really wishing that I had not switched pharmacies now just to save $30. Just to save myself the stress and headache. Guess I will just sit around and wait :coffee:

Well what I thought would happen, happened. They didn't call me and like I told them insurance didn't cover it. So it's actually costing me more money to order from freedom pharmacy. I'm just so mad. They are open until 9pm. So why didn't they call me like I requested 4 times! But if course they already ran my credit card too. I am so pissed right now. Because I bet they won't issue me a refund at all. Ugh!!

Sorry Michelle that you have to deal with incompetent people! I hope you'll get your meds in time, one way or the other.

minuet - what brand Myo-inositol are you taking? I've been taking the GNC brand because it seems to be the least expensive option out there and they go on sale frequently (just bought more today because they are BOGO on their website!) but it doesn't state whether it's Myo-inositol or D-chiro-inositol.

If it says inositol, it is just myo-inositol. D-chiro is really expensive, so you'll know by the price difference.
I have been using Swanson ( its a website) inositol, not sure if it's the cheapest, but that's where I've been buying some other stuff, like their B vitamin complex.
I read some studies and research, and the studies said that myo-inositol and d-chiro should be taken in a 40:1 ratio. So I ordered D-chiro 90mg which is just under a 40:1 ratio for 4g of inositol.
The studies show that ovaries are not insulin resistant, so PCOS ladies have too much D-chiro and not enough myo-inositol in their ovaries/ follicle fluid, and so that messes things up.

If you don't have PCOS, I'm not sure what that means for your levels, but I'd assume it wouldn't hurt for you to take inositol in the correct ratios also.
One thing the studies were clear on, was that taking D-chiro in the incorrect ratio is actually very detrimental to egg health. So I'd be leary on taking very much D-chiro especially since you should be making it correctly since you don't have PCOS.
I find the whole topic of inositol and fertility fascinating. :)

Well what I thought would happen, happened. They didn't call me and like I told them insurance didn't cover it. So it's actually costing me more money to order from freedom pharmacy. I'm just so mad. They are open until 9pm. So why didn't they call me like I requested 4 times! But if course they already ran my credit card too. I am so pissed right now. Because I bet they won't issue me a refund at all. Ugh!!

:growlmad::growlmad: That's terrible, why is good customer service so impossible to find?!?
Tomorrow maybe you can call and raise a fuss until they fix things for you satisfactorily. Sorry they're being so difficult. :(

Today is a new day and I have decided to not stress over my meds being a few dollars more. As aggravating as it is I am choosing to not feel so angry if I do not get a refund on my meds.
I had my CD3 scan today. He saw a bunch of little cysts on my ovaries and decided to diagnose me with PCOS. FINALLY! Even though I knew deep down I had PCOS it still sucks to be diagnosed with it. So he is putting me on Metformin and a baby aspirin a day. On top of watching everything I eat. I am no good at that so think I am in for a rude awakening when I research the glycemic index and what I can eat. Just another lovely day here in the infertility world :nope:

Today is a new day and I have decided to not stress over my meds being a few dollars more. As aggravating as it is I am choosing to not feel so angry if I do not get a refund on my meds.
I had my CD3 scan today. He saw a bunch of little cysts on my ovaries and decided to diagnose me with PCOS. FINALLY! Even though I knew deep down I had PCOS it still sucks to be diagnosed with it. So he is putting me on Metformin and a baby aspirin a day. On top of watching everything I eat. I am no good at that so think I am in for a rude awakening when I research the glycemic index and what I can eat. Just another lovely day here in the infertility world :nope:

I can't remember...are you going out of town...is that why you needed the meds so quickly?

I have had a pretty good experience with them so far. But I have not been in such the rush as you & maybe my insurance was faster...not sure. But I have done my refills online & received a call within a day to confirm then overnight shipping.

No beagle my doctor is pretty local. Only 30 minutes away. I was in all honesty just trying to save some money on meds since it's the only thing I can possibly save on. I still have not heard from them either. Oh well

No beagle my doctor is pretty local. Only 30 minutes away. I was in all honesty just trying to save some money on meds since it's the only thing I can possibly save on. I still have not heard from them either. Oh well

Oh ok...just wondering why the rush to get the trigger today since so early in the cycle...or was the rush for the femara?

They said that if I got them together then the $30 shipping fee would be waved. So I just ordered them together instead of individually. Cost of my letrozole should be like $5 from them or any pharmacy since insurance covers it. But the trigger was supposed to be $84.50 instead of $115 from my local pharmacy. So local pharmacy cost would have been $120ish and freedom $90ish. But now that I'm paying $30 shipping it freedom actually costed me $123 since insurance covered letrozole and not trigger. So even though I bought 2 meds from them I still pay shipping cost. So stupid. Hope that clarified my dilemma...

No AF yet. This is quite annoying. I'm starting to think that stopping the P two days early is still not early enough. It's still going to delay my AF. I can't go in on Friday so I was counting on AF starting today so I can go in on Thursday for CD3. If it doesn't start until Thursday or Friday then I'm screwed because of the long weekend! Argh!

No AF yet. This is quite annoying. I'm starting to think that stopping the P two days early is still not early enough. It's still going to delay my AF. I can't go in on Friday so I was counting on AF starting today so I can go in on Thursday for CD3. If it doesn't start until Thursday or Friday then I'm screwed because of the long weekend! Argh!

I am sure you are going to be fine. I find that the P makes me feel less PMS type symtpoms so AF just sort of shows up. You have all day tomorrow for her to show. Do you have to go in on CD3? My dr says day 1, 2, or 3.

I find the books reassuring & something to keep me busy...also more informative than google :)

No it doesn't need to be CD3 but I'm just afraid it won't show up until Thursday and I don't know if I'll be able to get a same day appointment.

But you're right, I have zero PMS. No cramping yet. I found it a little odd but now that you mentioned it, the P might have something to do with it.

Thanks minuet for the info on inositol. I think I am safe since it just says inositol!

I'm sorry you got an official diagnosis of PCOS. It's definitely a lousy thing to struggle with. This is me butting in with all my ideas and suggestions and advice to help you beat this syndrome.
I tend to do a lot of digging around and learning things on the web, but most people want to do their own research. SO please feel free to disregard. I like to share information, but understand people have to dig around on things themselves. :)

My Clomid cycle I took baby aspirin, as I'd heard that PCOS tend to clot - I know I clot on AF - and that it would help. Then I dug around and found that baby aspirin isn't all that great to take after all, and that it has some disturbing effects.
Here's a link to a full transcript discussion about aspirin, and natural alternatives:
https://chriskresser.com/4-natural-alternatives-to-aspirin

One of the things that stuck out to me from the article was this: Aspirin can alter the natural structure and function of red blood cells as well as how blood flows through our veins and our arteries. This is called hemodynamics, and these really foundational changes that aspirin causes in hemodynamics and the structure and function of red blood cells explains why aspirin has such a wide range of adverse effects even at relatively low doses like baby aspirin.

Another thing, I tried metformin and blood work showed that it did absolutely nothing for me. The GI side effects are lousy, and metformin seriously depletes your B12 levels. Metformin is also hard on the liver.
I switched to mostly following a primal diet...https://www.marksdailyapple.com/welcome-to-marks-daily-apple/
.....and after a few months blood work showed that my insulin is significantly improved over what it was on metformin.
Primal works because it cuts out all the processed junk, bread, wheat, bagels, fast food etc. You get your carbs from fruits and veggies. It is not necessarily a low carb diet, but ends up becoming one since your carb sources are essentially fruit and some dairy.
I'd encourage you to check it out, as imo it is way easier than trying to eat to the glycemic index. Can I mention that I love the side benefits? Being hungry every few hours is gone, headaches/nausea/irritability if I don't eat when hungry is gone, heartburn is no more, digestion is no longer screwed up, and of course lost weight.... :)

My poking around also led to reading studies showing that PCOS ladies have issues with using inositol correctly. This is at least one of the roots of our problem processing insulin, and that is why taking inositol significantly improves insulin response and normal hormonal action.
IMO, the studies are clear that inositol is one of the main issues we have, and this leads to the insulin problems. If that is the case, then we should be taking inositol, and helping our cells respond to insulin - instead of taking metformin to regulate the release of glucose.
After all the glucose is not the problem - the problem is that our cells aren't responding to the insulin released in response to the glucose. Metformin works by only releasing small amounts of glucose at a time, so we release less insulin. As you can see this is not actually correctly the problem, it is only limiting it.
Here are a couple of interesting links to studies on the subject:

https://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/23/6/1439.long

https://www.europeanreview.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/604.pdf

I know that your doctor prescribed metformin and baby aspirin, and I'm not trying to tell you to disregard his opinion. What I am suggesting is to look at alternative viewpoints.
My doctor would be the first to tell you, as she has told me, that doctors prescribe medications because they are encouraged to do so since these meds have studies showing they work. Why that does not extend to vitamins or supplements which also have studies showing they work, she didn't have an answer for.
I'd just encourage you to think past the meds and see if there is an answer for the root cause. That said, I'm obviously not opposed to meds, as I've tried them all, and will try clomid again. Just hate for people to think there is only one way to try. :)
Oh and if you continue with metformin, ask your doctor for extended release so it's easier on your tummy, and take a good B vitamin complex so your B levels aren't depleted. Also, ask him to test your Vit D levels, most of us are very very low on that with PCOS and it needs to be corrected for good fertility.

......... anyway that's my $20.00( instead of 0.02) :)

Chances are it'll show up tomorrow and you can still go in Thursday and just do it CD2. That shouldn't matter too much, I wouldn't think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->