Summer Lovin'...bring us some babies!

This post is probably going to sound scattered & random...

I am feeling like a total bitch lately. I am snapping at my banker & just in general hating work. I think I am just so ready for vacation. I felt close to crying yesterday...feel close today. I am getting paranoid about the things I do at work & feeling good enough. I don't know what the deal is. I think I am just stressed. My banker is so out of it...he never seems to focus on things. So it makes me angry. I feel like I have reminded him enough, so I am just done. One more day after today. The end of the month is so stressful anyways.

I am feeling like a total bitch lately. I am snapping at my banker & just in general hating work. I think I am just so ready for vacation. I felt close to crying yesterday...feel close today. I am getting paranoid about the things I do at work & feeling good enough. I don't know what the deal is. I think I am just stressed. My banker is so out of it...he never seems to focus on things. So it makes me angry. I feel like I have reminded him enough, so I am just done. One more day after today. The end of the month is so stressful anyways.
:hugs:

Sorry you're having a bad day. I can totally relate. That was me yesterday. I was in a total bitching mood and really close to quitting my job. I also lashed out at people with their simple requests. After I got off the phone with my boss I was on the brink of bursting out and crying. That and thinking about how the IUI had failed was really the low point of my day.

More temp drop this morning and had some pink spotting when I wiped. I know AF will be here later today and I just hope she's here sooner than later so I can get an appointment in for tomorrow.

minuet - interesting you should bring up aspirin! (by the way I also do a lot of research on everything fertility related and read up on everything I can find on google!)

After I found out that my lining was thin at my first RE's appointment last October I started taking baby aspirin every day without fail so it's been like 10 months, until last week when I was reading on miscarriage research and it says that aspirin might interfere with implantation and reduces follicle growth. I stopped it after I read that but I was already 5 or 6 DPO at the time. It's on my list of questions for my RE when I go in (hopefully tomorrow) but at this point I'm afraid it's been doing more harm than good.

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/supplements-and-miscarriage/aspirin

Also, what's the dosage of inositol you're taking? My tablets from GNC are 500 mg each and I take 2 tablets 3 times a day so that's a total of 3000mg per day. When I googled before I think people were taking at least 5 grams per day and that just seemed a bit outrageous to me considering the fact that I also have all the other supplement I'm taking.

((((((((((((((((((beaglemom))))))))))))))) ugh days like that are rough. That tends to happen to me when I'm just stressed out and can't deal any more. I'm so glad your vacation is almost here, you guys need a break! Yay for vacations!
I don't drink, but more than a few times this year I've told my spouse that I could really go for a hot bath and a glass of wine right now. Maybe if you drink, that would be something helpful this evening?

Also, what's the dosage of inositol you're taking? My tablets from GNC are 500 mg each and I take 2 tablets 3 times a day so that's a total of 3000mg per day. When I googled before I think people were taking at least 5 grams per day and that just seemed a bit outrageous to me considering the fact that I also have all the other supplement I'm taking.

Wow that is nuts that baby aspirin might interfere with implantation, after all that's the whole reason women would take it! Lets see if your RE has a better alternative for you to try.

I'm working my way up to 4g a day, as that seems to be the dose used in the few studies I could find where they gave dosing amounts, and that's also what Pregnitude has ( 2g X 2/day).
I just take it when I get up in the morning, and then sometime in the evening, but am thinking about moving that back to dinnertime.
Sources for people taking inositol for mood disorders were taking up to 12g a day, so apparently it can't hurt. But yes, I'm with you - wouldn't feel comfortable with that much!

I called and made an appointment for tomorrow. My doctor is not available tomorrow (he's in surgery all day) so I'll be seeing a different doctor. I'm a little bummed that I'll be seeing someone new who is not familiar with my situation and I don't be able to ask him questions regarding my last IUI but on the other hand it'll also be good to see if this doctor has different opinions regarding my situation.

Thanks guys...

My banker looks at me all crazy when I nag him about things. But I will be gone for over a week...plus end of month. He also seems to never hear what I say.

I am feeling batter today...I also received test results of high cholestrol earlier this week which has bothered me. I think it is a gene thing...I am not a horrible eater or horribly overweight. But as I say that, I am eating deep dish pizza. My body was just craving it & I have eaten really well the rest of the week.

My cabin has a hot tub on the deck, so I will def be enjoying some wine in that!

Thanks minuet! Looks like I have to reading to do! lol
I have not got a chance to look at your links yet but here is my plan. I plan to continue the baby aspirin until I see my RE again for further details as to why I need it. All he said was that women with PCOS have a higher tendency for miscarriage and to take a baby aspirin everyday no more that 81mg until 12 weeks of pregnancy. But I want more info. Also, plan to take metformin once a day for a week. Then up it to two a day (if I can handle it).
Continue taking pregnitude twice a day with water.
As far as my diet goes, I plan to eliminate carbs as much as possible. Morning- I plan to eat eggs or oats (the pain in the butt kind that you have to boil) with fresh berries. Then lunch will either be a dark green salad with veggies and protein and hummus with veggies. Then dinner, dinner is where I mess up all the time (because of DH), will be a protein of some sort and veggie side. Then almonds or cashews for snack. Might throw in some apples and peanut butter for a snack also. And as hard as it is I am going to have to give up soda. Do you drink coffee? Do you know if coffee with creamer is bad for women with PCOS.

Spotting has completely stopped (actually stopped like 3 hours ago). I have no idea what's going on. Will see what they say at the RE's tomorrow.

Spotting has completely stopped (actually stopped like 3 hours ago). I have no idea what's going on. Will see what they say at the RE's tomorrow.

I think it is just the P messing with you. Try not to worry too much about it. You may wake up to it in the morning.

Thanks minuet! Looks like I have to reading to do! lol
I have not got a chance to look at your links yet but here is my plan. I plan to continue the baby aspirin until I see my RE again for further details as to why I need it. All he said was that women with PCOS have a higher tendency for miscarriage and to take a baby aspirin everyday no more that 81mg until 12 weeks of pregnancy. But I want more info. Also, plan to take metformin once a day for a week. Then up it to two a day (if I can handle it).
Continue taking pregnitude twice a day with water.
As far as my diet goes, I plan to eliminate carbs as much as possible. Morning- I plan to eat eggs or oats (the pain in the butt kind that you have to boil) with fresh berries. Then lunch will either be a dark green salad with veggies and protein and hummus with veggies. Then dinner, dinner is where I mess up all the time (because of DH), will be a protein of some sort and veggie side. Then almonds or cashews for snack. Might throw in some apples and peanut butter for a snack also. And as hard as it is I am going to have to give up soda. Do you drink coffee? Do you know if coffee with creamer is bad for women with PCOS.

Yes it will take your body some time to be able to handle increased doses of metformin. Hopefully it goes easy on you.

I was reading around about miscarriage with PCOS, and it seems connected to the high insulin levels. And that women with high insulin levels have high miscarriage rates. I wonder if it is because the high insulin causes hormone imbalances? It seems that so long as we can keep insulin under control we'll be ok.

Don't forget to add good fats to your meal plan, you need fats for your body to run off of. You're cutting back on carbs, and so you need to switch to fat for fuel - which is what we run off of best. If you just reduce carbs and eat some protein and veggies, you will starve since you don't have enough fuel to run on.
Adding in good fats such as butter, olive oil, avocado, coconut oil, coconut etc will do much to keep your tummy happy.
When we switched to primal and kept our fat intake high enough, and carbs low, we didn't get hungry or starving like before. When I increase carbs - like eating all the yummy fruit this summer - I get hungry more often.
I don't drink coffee, so I don't know if it's bad. A cup or two a day shouldn't hurt much though? Just use full-fat milk, none of that fake stuff! :)

A suggestion - pull up an information page, like Self's nutrition data, and type in fruit that you like to eat. You'll be surprised how many grapes, apples, strawberries, watermelon cubes, cherries etc you can eat in a day and still be under 80g carbs.
Don't skimp on fruit without checking to see how much you really can eat! :) It's the best part of the diet.

Minuet you are the best! I spoke with my friend who had pcos and got pregnant on her second round of IUI and she said avoid dairy. Dairy is worse for women with pcos than carbs?? But I thought women with pcos could have it if it was 1% fat. I'm confused on this.

Spotting picked up last night and by bed time I think it was heavy enough to categorize it as AF so I counted it as CD1.

Going to see a different doctor at my RE's office in a bit.

Floridasian, I am so glad...I know you are happy to start moving forward. I think having a full cycle to prepare & think about IUI will make you feel better about this next round. Have you decided about the trigger? I personally felt better using one...but doesn't mean using opks wouldn't work. Especially for you since you know your cycle so well. You know how long after the opk to expect O. Good luck.

I have been reading everyone's posts about supplements & diets. It is all so overwhelming. I hope you all find what works for you. Google can really mess you up because you can read 2 totally contradicting ideas. But it is great you guys are researching everything. I am really hoping for some good news around here.

Not sure I shared on this thread, but I am applying for an IVF grant. I have everything ready & will mail it off today. I am excited. They say a decision will be made on Oct 1. I hope that is accurate. I want my Oct cycle to be focused on IVF.

I have not even bothered with opks. I need to. I will try to remember to do one tonight. I have had some cm...but nothing like I would expect & no cramping. So I think I still have a day or 2 to go.

Last day of work before vacation! I so need it! Taking Friday through the next Monday (a week plus a few days).

Oh also yesterday I almost cried. I went to get the office mail & my manager had sent me a card inter office. It basically said thank you for your commitment & attention to detail...I understand the last few months personally have been stressful...you have handled it very well. I am going to send her a thank you email...just need to make sure I am calm enough not to cry while I type it. I hate feeling so emotional about things. I am not so great at the world seeing all that.

Thanks beaglemom!

I had to wait a little bit to see the doctor because my doctor rushed back from the hospital JUST TO SEE ME!! I then saw him rush back to the hospital afterwards. Boy, did I feel special! :D

Still no trigger or other meds. They said they wanted to try the same protocol for a few cycles before trying something else. He did agree that I probably did not respond to 2.5 mg of Letrozole and he's now doubling my dosage to 5 mg. I go back next Friday on CD10 for a follicle check just in case they start developing early again because of the progesterone. He said they didn't look like they were developing yet from my ultrasound.

The plan is to try the same thing (Letrozole + IUI) for one more cycle (meaning this cycle) and if it doesn't work we'll do a repeat HSG to make sure my tubes are still open and the uterine cavity is normal. There is a nagging voice at the back of my head that there is still something wrong in there and that's why I haven't been able to get pregnant yet.

I'm so glad you have such a nice manager. It was really nice of her to do that. Sometimes we take people for granted and it's the smallest things that make us feel appreciated!

I hope you get your grant in time for the October IVF!! And enjoy your upcoming vacation!!

You will probably do fine with no trigger. I am not sure how big your office is. Mine is located in the Raleigh area which is a huge medical area. So I think my office has protocols set up so that everyone is sort of on the same plan. So u/s on day 10 with trigger to follow is probably their standard procedure. But I was also on meds to stimulate the follicles so I am sure that worked out as well for the timing. I really think you will have success with IUI. I hope your nagging feeling is just paranoia :)

Floridasian I am so glad that you got to see your doctor. How sweet of him to rush back from the hospital to see you! I love knowing that doctors care and that we are not just another face/body. lol My RE really made me feel like he was listening to me this time.... well everything I had on my list of questions and concerns he answered without me even asking. That tells me he knows what he is doing. I don't know if I already said this but when he walked in we exchanged hellos and I said that its been a while but I am back. He followed with "I wish you would get pregnant." I agreed. Then he said "Well you will." That just made me feel so good.

Beagle I hope this grant works out for you. If we get that far I am coming to you for information about it. Hopefully I am eligible. And thank you's are the best. As a teacher, when you get a thank you from a parent it is so heartwarming and makes all the stress and craziness worth it.

You all know my drama with freedom. Well, I called and sort of completed (in a very nice way) that I wanted to be called no matter what. She then put in my issue through to someone who could help. The lady is issuing me a refund of $33 :happydance: and told me that they should have not done that in the first place. And also because I ordered 2 items that the shipping should have been waved anyways and to tell them so next time. Which is what I thought...anyway I am just happy about it. It is a small victory in the infertility world lol

Floridasian I am so glad that you got to see your doctor. How sweet of him to rush back from the hospital to see you! I love knowing that doctors care and that we are not just another face/body. lol My RE really made me feel like he was listening to me this time.... well everything I had on my list of questions and concerns he answered without me even asking. That tells me he knows what he is doing. I don't know if I already said this but when he walked in we exchanged hellos and I said that its been a while but I am back. He followed with "I wish you would get pregnant." I agreed. Then he said "Well you will." That just made me feel so good.

Beagle I hope this grant works out for you. If we get that far I am coming to you for information about it. Hopefully I am eligible. And thank you's are the best. As a teacher, when you get a thank you from a parent it is so heartwarming and makes all the stress and craziness worth it.

You all know my drama with freedom. Well, I called and sort of completed (in a very nice way) that I wanted to be called no matter what. She then put in my issue through to someone who could help. The lady is issuing me a refund of $33 :happydance: and told me that they should have not done that in the first place. And also because I ordered 2 items that the shipping should have been waved anyways and to tell them so next time. Which is what I thought...anyway I am just happy about it. It is a small victory in the infertility world lol

I am glad that worked out. I have had no issues with them...for me they have seemed efficient & on top of things. I think you just had some bad timing & sounds like a bad rep. But I think overall they are a good company.

I think so too. The last few people I talked to were great! So kind and showed some good integrity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->