Summertime

hardatworkmom

Reaction score
Hi All,

Summer is fast approaching here in California, today is 101 outside. My son just made the All-Star Pony Baseball Team for the first time and I am so excited!! The problem is that it will go through August, and I am due in July. So I will be 9 months and giving birth during this time. I need help to figure out ways to keep cool because there will be up to 3 games on any given day so at least 6 hours of baseball in the sun, also what are your thoughts of taking the baby out right after birth?!?! We do have a motor home that we will probably be bringing out a lot to help on the long days. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Oooo no idea that's hard I'm in n Idaho as our weather has been above average we don't really get to the 100s deff get a great summer umbrella and maybe bring wash rags to lett baby play with dab him with. My girls were always born in winter so this is new for me too as ill have baby boy at the end of june

I feel your pain - I live in Redding, CA (wayyyyy up North but still hotter than Hell). We're already hitting the 90s and it's only May!!!! I went on a walk Saturday morning at 11am and came back sweating bullets, and I wasn't even walking in the sun.

Anyways... ways of staying cool (for you, not baby):
1) Always carry a nice, big, cold water bottle and drink a lot of water
2) Use one of those little carry fans that sprays water
3) Wear a hat if you're in the sun
4) Sunscreen
5) Dress in as loose and breathable fabric as possible
6) Take frequent breaks to get in the shade and cool down if you're sitting in the sun

As for taking baby out after birth, I'm not really sure since I'm a first time mom... But just from what I've read, it might be dangerous since babies can't regulate their body temperatures very well for the first couple months. I found this website that talks about taking babies out in the heat:

https://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthTopicDetails.aspx?p=114&np=305&id=1605

Going to read it myself as well since my baby should be here in early July/late June, when it'll be 100-110 degrees here.

I feel your pain! I'm in Arizona and it's over 100 today.

When I went to a newborn care class, the instructor suggested extra baby feedings if baby will be outside (since feedings are how baby gets water).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->