Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

Thank you for that link Dovkav - it puts my mind a bit more at ease, that we might get something better! We haven't had the DNA fragmentation tested, so I don't know the answer, but we know that the quality of :spermy: isn't good - so perhaps the TESE really will bring us our miracle? I just hope they find something in there!!

Hi Ladies

Sorry been MIA for a bit had loads going on. On an IVF note had scan this morning and got the go ahead to start stimms hopefully EC on 17th Feb. While at work I'm now at risk of redundancy so another thing to worry about but got things in the pipeline to hopefully move straight to a new job. Then the final thing DH!!! Well the results from his biopsy and spinal fluid test came back as inconclusive so had to see a neurologist to see about doing a open Biopsy so went in for surgery on Tuesday and back home now to recover. Fx'd we get the final results this Friday and find out where we go from here.

Hopefully catch up on all updates very soon but thinking about all you ladies and sending you lots of :hugs: xx

MRS thank you for a detail explanation about immune testing.

BUBU, how are your follicles growing?

Sandy, Good luck with your February IvF!
I hope on Friday you'll find out only good news about your DH

Hugs to all:hugs:

I went to my RE on Monday. I was hoping to see 20mm on my left size, but we found only 14,6mm. It grew only 2,6 mm in 4 days. However, my right size has a 13.6mm follicle!!!!!
What a suprise! This is crazy! I am excited!
But my RE is sure that we have only one follicle this cycle, cos another didn't grow enought and possible there is no egg. She insured me that it's not a cyst. My lining is still thin 7.2mm. It's growing along with a follicles. We are checking again on Wednesday.
I am going to be CD12 tomorrow and I am sure I'll O late this cycle.
This cycle is different, no spotting after AF. This cycle possible is a healthy one, maybe a healthy egg is growing slowly and cozy.(or maybe 2?)
You, girls have a lot experience with IVF. Did it happen to you? The folicles start slow and than catch up later?

I think that my body decided to grow two follicles. It slows down the left one that it catches up with a right one.
My grandmother has fraternal twins. This is genetic and runs into families.

We asked RE about clomid, she wouldn't do it in this case. How funny, that my hubby came up with this idea, cos he is so against hormones.

Maybe IUI will be in the end of this week.
After IVF to IUI, I know we'are going backwards but I know many cases that a couple get preggo naturally after failed IVF.

Sandy, I am sorry that you are still playing the waiting game. I have everything crossed for you guys and the results on Friday. How is DH doing? How are you? :hugs:

We are doing OK... u/s yesterday and the doctor was satisfied. Another u/s on Saturday, but he said that we would trigger Saturday night and ER on Monday morning. DH's TESE appointment is at 8 on Monday, have to be there 7:15. Praying so hard, that the TESE does it (I feel so sorry for DH!!).

Dovkav, with IVF, definitely, you can have follicles that are slower and then catch up. Not sure how that would work on a natural cycle though. I think that normally, once a dominant follicle establishes itself, the others stop. Of course it can happen that two eggs are released and you end up with fraternal twins... more common in older women though.

Thanks Ladies, We are doing ok just hate the waiting game feels like thats all we do lately. Hopefully things will start to turn round in the next couple of weeks. Acupuncture is helping so much to relieve the stress so glad I decided to continue with it.

Bubumaci, I will be a week behind you my EC will be on 17th fx'd this is our time and sure eveything will go fine with DH :happydance:

Dovkav, great news on being able to do IUI, don't know much about it tho as we had to move straight to IVF, got everything crossed for you :hugs: xx

I am CD16 today and did IUI(12mil sperm) My follicle fell asleep at 13.6mm and an other grew 20,6mm. I'll o in 1 or 2 days.
This cycle is really late, ussually we collect an egg on CD12 or CD13. My follicle is a very slow growing and is stubborn like my dh:) We had to monitor it 4 times this cycle.
All my 6 IVFs went smoothly with only one ultrasound! HCG trigger and ER in 36 hours.

Bubu, good luck on Monday! Cheering for you!

Sandy, hoping for a good news for you on the next IVF cycle

Hi Ladies

Bubmaci, How did yesterday go? How many eggs did they collect, Will you get a fertilization report today? Not long till you will be PUPO :happydance:

Dovkav, Are you in the 2ww with your IUI now?

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well :hugs:

AFM, On an IVF note been a week on stimms now and got follicle scan tomorrow and hopefully doing trigger on Saturday to have ER on Monday :happydance:
Got DH's official results back and it has been confirmed the Lymphoma has returned so he Chemo on 19th Feb so will be there for ER but not for ET :sad: He will be having treatment till mid June then will be having a donor stem cell transplant. So fx'd this is our cycle and we eventually get some goods new in our lives xx

Sandy - I'm sending you the biggest hug I'm so sorry it wasn't good news for your DH but sounds like you have a plan of attack which is a great way to be. Don't worry about the ET your DH will be there for when it matters and you get your BFP and then of course your scans and birth so it's all going to be ok I have a feeling it will be. Sending you lots of luck my lovely 🙏 xxx

Bub - how are you getting on???

Dov - where are you up to with your 2ww?

AQ, Bugs hope you are still lurking, thinking of you too.

Hi to everyone else I've missed xxxx

Afm - I've been told my immunes are back but not my OH sperm frag results so guessing they will wait for those before they call to discuss the results. A bit nervous but it's out of my hands!!

Hi All!
So some news from me ...
They already told me before I went in for the ER, that the TESE material was useless and they were thawing two straws we have from the one amazing SA he had two years ago *sniff* ... so I already had silent tears rolling down my face before I went in, as I felt so sorry for DH having to go through it all :(
ER went well - 15 eggies were retrieved ...
Afterwards we spoke with our doctor, he said that the TESE sperm were a) very few and what was there was all very bad looking. The only good thing about having had the TESE done i.m.o. is that his clinic is also sending in a sample for histological analysis and perhaps we will get some answers as to why we have to go through this?

Today I received the fertilisation results - 14 of my 15 eggs were mature and 9 fertilised. So now we are back in the waiting game to see how the little ones develop ... Transfer is on Saturday.

Sandy, I am so so sorry that your DHs Lymphoma has returned! What are the doctors saying about the treatment ... I so hate cancer, it is such a cruel illness and hearing your news has made me very sad! I hope that he feels OK and doesn't suffer too much from the Chemo and all fingers and toes are crossed that you beat this thing together! :hugs: Good luck for your scan tomorrow Sweetie!!! :dust::dust::dust:

Bubmaci, Sorry to hear you had to thaw the sperm :hugs: but 9 fertilized is great and 5 day transfer is even better. Hope the 2ww isn't too hard on you and it flies over. I'll be in the same boat as you next week. Here's hoping this is the cycle for both of us. :hugs:

DH is doing ok, it's so hard coz to look at him he looks fit and healthy and isn't feeling ill or anything. Last time he went through chemo he was so strong and coped extremely well with it even going back to work between treatments so hoping it is the same this time [-o< xx

MrsE, great news on the immune results being back hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the other results :hugs: xx

Yes Sandy, so far, I have always had 5 day transfers - and luckily, it never is a TWW for me - I have first beta 6dp5dt and the second is then 9dp5dt ...
I will keep everything crossed for you! :dust::dust::dust:
And my hat off to your DH! Amazing, really! :)

MrsE - have they given you the immune results, or are they waiting for the whole package before disclosing?

Bub - I suspect the clinic are waiting for all the results before they call me to discuss but I'm hoping if they don't call this week then I obviously don't have the immune that needs treatment prior to any cycles which could be good or bad! Anyway no point worrying it's is what it is we just have to deal with it!

Let you know when I hear back from them xx

Well ladies had scan this morning and i have about 29 follicles between 8mm & 14mm so that's good and lining was 9mm which is the the best it's ever been:happydance: , will get a phone call tomorrow to confirm ER will go ahead on Monday xx

Bubmaci, any news on how your little ones are growing? xx

Wow Sandy, that's a huge amount! I really hope you won't be in danger of OHSS!!!
No, we don't usually hear anything until the day of transfer, but we intend to ring the lab tomorrow to hear how they are doing :)

I am 5 dpo. taking 200mg progesterone. I have hope cos;
1. I have never tried TTC after flushing tubes
2. I have never tried TTC with progesterone after O.
3. In 6 months I have never had my follicle growing sooo slow.
4. I didn't spot after AF till O this cycle.
5. We have never:sex: every single day after my AF
6. My uterine lining was super thick 14mm

bubumaci, sandy, hoping and praying for you girls:flower: You deserve it so bad!!!

bubumaci, your hubby is a hero! Sorry TESE didn't work. He showed a huge love to you and your baby. Fight and never give up! Use all possible treatment options in this century!

Mrs -suspense -waiting for your test results.
Bubumaci- suspense-hopefully all embies are growing and playing there happilly.

Sandy, I am heartbroken for your hubby:hugs: He is so strong! I know that acidic enviroment helps cancer grow and devide, if your hubby eats mostly alkaline food, he maybe beat that crap:pop:

dovkav really hope this time works for you. For glad you have a positive feel about this cycle really hoping and praying that you get your joyful news real soon. When is your blood test?

Bub heaps of hugs to your husband. DH did that operation for our first IVF cycle has he had ejaculation problems it did not look fun so totally understand :hugs::hugs::hugs: Yeah to so many embryos there is bound to be a good one there surely! Praying that you get good results today. Do let us know.

Sandy how is your husband doing ? As good as last time? You have heaps of follicles that is such a good sign, hoping this is your lucky cycle.

MrsE75 no news it good news wishing you all the best regarding the results.

Thanks Ladies!
Yesterday, we rang the clinic to hear how our embies are doing (so far, I have been scared to get hopeful, because of our history...) and out of the 9 fertilised, 8 were doing as they should (7/8/9-cell). No idea how they are right now, DH wouldn't call today :lol: but not long now - transfer appointment is at 13:55 (takes a bit 'till the transfer, but that's when I have to be there).

DH is healing nicely - still totally upset that they found nothing at all to use (he said, "I am not only half broken, but completely broken" broke my heart :( ) ... I am hoping that the histology will at least give us a reason for his infertility :(

So anyway ... last sleep before the transfer ... please keep your fingers crossed for us!

Huge hugs to all of you sweet Ladies! :hugs:

Thanks Ladies!
Yesterday, we rang the clinic to hear how our embies are doing (so far, I have been scared to get hopeful, because of our history...) and out of the 9 fertilised, 8 were doing as they should (7/8/9-cell). No idea how they are right now, DH wouldn't call today :lol: but not long now - transfer appointment is at 13:55 (takes a bit 'till the transfer, but that's when I have to be there).

DH is healing nicely - still totally upset that they found nothing at all to use (he said, "I am not only half broken, but completely broken" broke my heart :( ) ... I am hoping that the histology will at least give us a reason for his infertility :(

So anyway ... last sleep before the transfer ... please keep your fingers crossed for us!

Huge hugs to all of you sweet Ladies! :hugs:

Hope and pray for a smooth transfer:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"