Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

I totally agree on the digis! I got 2-3 on the day my blood hcg was 7000...they are rubbish at getting to the +3 weeks, save yourself the worry hon xxx

AQ.... I'm starting my stims in 2 weeks for ivf cycle 4 (I'm on bcp now)... Can I be nosy and ask what your dosage of stims was? I know you said you cut it in half... But I'm not sure what your original dose was. Also... Did you have cramping in your tww? I always have cramps in the tww after ivf, and I always figure that's my sign that it didn't work. :(

Captain... I can't believe it ! Clomid?!! I debated that after 3 fails now
What made you do that?

Lady- I was on max dose last cycle which was 8 amps (75miu each amp) this cycle was 4 amps. It was a gamble with me having diminished ovarian reserve but its payed off thank god! Yes i still had mild cramps during my 2ww with this cycle as i did with all the others. This time round i had little 'swirly scratchy' sensations too though :)
Best of luck with your 4th cycle xxx

Captain... I can't believe it ! Clomid?!! I debated that after 3 fails now
What made you do that?

I know, still can't quite believe it myself and constantly expecting something to go wrong...

I've always had regular cycles so never been offered clomid before, but my consultant said that as well as triggering ovulation there was some evidence that it helped with egg maturity, and that it couldn't hurt to try it. This was immediately after telling me he thought I had a 10% chance of conceiving either through ivf or naturally, so to not bother with any more ivf. I took it on cd 2-6, 50mg each day, and it amazingly worked first cycle. I also took dhea and coq10, based on my own research.

Since then my consultant told me that he has prescribed it to other women when they are in between ivf cycles and has seen it work for others too.

Good luck xx

Oh my!!!

So excited for you both - Captain / AQ !!!!! :happydance:

Best news Ive heard all year! :hugs: U girls so deserve this! xxxx

Thanks Plex! how u doing? x

AFM- Got shooting pain in my nipples, metallic taste in mouth, mild cramping and complete exhaustion. LOVIN it! ha xxx

AQ - So so pleased for you!! Been crossing everything for you and you totally deserve this after going through so much. You've supported so many on here and it's really lovely to see such positive news!

Thanks for starting the Jan 2013 thread as it provided such a lifeline through my first ivf cycle.

Will be stalking to see how many bundles of joy are snuggled in at your scan x x

AQ - lolol never thought u'd be saying yay for shooting pains in ur nipples did u? :haha: ENJOY every second (not that i need to tell u that!) Im now looking forward to seeing ur lovely scan picture :cloud9:

When will u tell everyone? Will u be waiting until ur 12wk scan to share? I did with my son - very hard when all u want to do is scream it from the rooftops (not that u'd have the energy to do that at the moment anyway lol)

Im good ta - just lounging about waiting :coffee: and managing to fit in a bit more waiting :coffee: while i wait lol

I now have my date for a baseline scan - 29th Oct so thats just around the corner. Hoping its fourth time lucky :D xx

Hey ladies, just wondering if i could join for some hope after a few failed IVF cycles! I have a blog in my sig, but basically we have done 2 fresh ICSI cycles and 2 FET's all BFN. We are going to be having our EPU roughly the first week of Dec so hopefully we have some good news then but in the meantime I need some inspiration!

Ladies, I am devastated.
Did the last test i had in the cupboard this morning which was a IC and it was negative. Convinced it was a dud so got dh to go to tesco to get one of their own brand and that shows such a faint pink line it is barely there :(
Absolutely broken. The tears wont stop. I have had more than i can take.

Sweetie, please don't go by how faint or dark the line is - those tests don't measure quantity - they only measure presence of HCG (and even then, some have more dye than others)...
How are you feeling? Your symptoms have been spot on, haven't they ...? And your digi on Saturday was spot on too :kiss::hugs:

G'day Eveclo! I am sorry that you have had to make your way onto this thread - but you really are amongst some fantastic ladies, who will hopefully be able to offer you the inspiration that you need. (And if you look at my signature / read my journal - link in signature - then you will see that even when it really seems to just not want to happen, it can) :hugs::howdy:

Ah AQ I'm sorry you are going through this but I've got everything crossed that it's not the case :hugs: Is there anything that your clinic will do or even your doctors? xx

AQ - IC are CRAP, even those sensitive ones. When i had my chemical in January the IC never picked ANYTHING up but i got a positive on a sainsburys digital. Dont trust them honey. As for the tescos hpt - do u know the sensitivity of it? I know cb digi is 25mIU.

Thinking of u hun - like Sandy says will ur docs do another test or something? :hugs: xxx

Thanks girls. I am going to try and stay positive even though things are not seeming good. A line is still a line although faint. I have to keep hopeful right? Iv had no bleeding or bad cramps etc, my nipples are still sore, my sense of smell is still amazing and i still have metallic taste in my mouth. Bought another cb digital and will test in the morning. Terrified. x

Hunni step right away from those ic's!!! At 12 weeks preg I used my last ic and it was completely neg and I was completely preg! They are awful rubbish crappy things and there is a reason why they Are cheap! Your defo prego but if u still wanna see lines (believe me I know how that feels cos I peed on ALOT!) then please get frers! They are fabs and worth the money if u want that reassurance.
Big hugs mama!!
Xx

Really Nici?? what about the tesco own brand being super faint too??
So u think il get another BFP tomorrow on the digital? ah god this is a nightmare. I wish i had not poas again today! xxx

U will Defo get pregnant on your digi tmw hunni!! Defo Defo Defo! I have used ic's, tescos own and superdrugs!! Super duper lines on frers but not those!
Xxx
Ps I don't work for frer or anything Haha! Feel like am pushing them on u but they really are the best for showing lines if that's what u wanna see xxx

Thank you. I pray your right x
I have just called docs, explained i am losing my mind and they have agreed to do a beta tomorrow and repeat few days later. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->