sure start maternity grant UPDATE

i sent my form of on the 18th january...im due on the 12th of april got a letter bak sayin i couldnt have it :(

I'm on my second, but due on the 6th. I dont expect it to affect me but I will see and update too.

I'm on my second, but due on the 6th. I dont expect it to affect me but I will see and update too.

im due on the 6th april too,spoke to a guy on DWP phoneline yesterday we are alright.

*UPDATE*
Got my refusal letter today. I phoned an acted ignorant and asked why it had been refused when I was told it wasn't changing til April, the guy wasn't aware of the changes only of rumours. I had a bit of a rant about it being out of order changing the rules at such short notice and he agreed with me as much as he could with him being an employee... He told me to write an appeal letter on the grounds I had sent my forms 5 days before the changes. Probably futile but worth a shot.

What Is that section 7 (information of your local post office)is about????? I just called then and the man didn't know exactly. I m totally confused, should I just leave it blank or go to my local post office tomorrow to get the address????? Anybody????

Don't worry about it... just write down where your post office is... it's only incase they can't pay it right into your bank account and they can send it in giro form

Do I have to write the complete address or just the location?????

Just write where your nearest post office is and maybe the road it's on if you know it... it's never really needed anyway :)

The ladies who have been refused do you know if it is solely on your EDD or is it that you're not eligible?

yeah it is just because of the due date my edd is the 8th april but by my first scan it is the 12th so thats what the midwife will put on the form x

The ladies who have been refused do you know if it is solely on your EDD or is it that you're not eligible?

It says I'm not eligible b/c I have a child under 16 and my edd is after the 11th April

What a load of balls. God I hate the effing Tories. Who voted for them anyway?!

It's because having a child means you're quite likely to get ctc. B******* Keep us posted with how the appeals go. I notice the social fund website who seem to provide the grant donesn't show the new rules.

first they take the baby element from the child tax credits then the hip grant and now this how the hell are people meant to afford to have kids seriously.

i'm sorry we pay more tax than any other country and everything is wayyyyyy more expensive anyway.

think i might leave the country lose my passport and then come back in and claim everything.

rant over

Didn't you know? Only rich people have the appropriate genetic stock to carry and rear children. The rest of us are breeding runts so best to discourage as much as possible. :growlmad:

I didn't even think I'd be eligible until a friend alerted me to the CTC criteria. Sudden joy, what a difference £500 makes, that's like a whole month of living after SMP covered! I wasn't eligible last time. As you say the baby element is gone. We are almost certainly going to have earned too much this year to get any tax credits (the only year in our lives when we've gone over a household income of £25k). We won't be able to base our income in 2012 on this year (which will be pitiful) because of the new rule about declaring changes £10k income increases. DH is so going to have to give up work after my leave because of childcare costs. £23k the tc cut off will be in 2012. £23k!!! Our nursery is going to cost £13k. How do these millionaire idiots add up?!

Sorry. But I am really bloody pissed off now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->