sure start maternity grant UPDATE

I have not read this whole thread as it is a bit long now.

Why should the government pay for you to have babies. If you choose to have a baby, you should work and save to provide for them as it will only be harder once LO has arrived. I don't feel there should be a financial incentive to have children in the first place. If you cant afford it, keep your knees together

OMG how rude are you?! :shock:
For your information my DF works and has a good job in a college I, myself am disabled so therefore am unable to work, we get the grant on the grounds I have a disability element in our working tax credits. The reason I am so angry we won't be getting the grant is because we were told we were eligible all a long and at the last minute they say we can't have it therefore not allowing us to plan accordingly.
In future, if it means that much to you, ask the circumstance why we get the grant before coming to your own narrow minded, down right sterotypical conclusions! :grrr:

If you want to trade your job for my multiple sclerosis feel free!!

You did not state all the information in OP so I was going from what was on there. Again I am sorry you have MS but it is my OPINION!!

Maybe you did not want to bring your disability up so why is it my place to ask your circumstances? Non of my business. You gave the information, I gave my response.

So you just judge on appearances?

Why should the government pay for you to have babies. If you choose to have a baby, you should work and save to provide for them as it will only be harder once LO has arrived. I don't feel there should be a financial incentive to have children in the first place. If you cant afford it, keep your knees together

woahhhh

who do you think you are:wacko:

i get it because my daughter is disabled and i am home all day. my oh works 15 hours a day sometimes 7 days a week, its not an incentive to me, we're making a point. that they changed the rules days within we were eligible without warning and thats not fair, none of us were relying on it but we had put thought into what we were going to spend it on, i have 10 wks left to go.

tell me to keep my knees together when i've spent years n fertilty treatment to get my family how bloody dare you.

wind your neck in :dohh:

Do me a favour and keep out of things you obviously know nothing about... no one wants your narrow minded opinion kwim?

Right I am going and leaving this thread alone now as it was obviously made to give sympathy to the OP and as I have an opinion where we should provide for our families that we choose to have, people are getting upset. If you post it in public be prepared to get different opinions. not everyone thinks everyone should get things handed to them. Sorry for those of you that are upset by my opinion but I am not sorry for my opinion. good night ladies.

Right I am going and leaving this thread alone now as it was obviously made to give sympathy to the OP and as I have an opinion where we should provide for our families that we choose to have, people are getting upset. If you post it in public be prepared to get different opinions. not everyone thinks everyone should get things handed to them. Sorry for those of you that are upset by my opinion but I am not sorry for my opinion. good night ladies.

actually it wasn't it was to let people know they'd changed it.

who's giving me sympathy and for what?

haha some people... jealousy is a sad thing. Ahhh well hopefully you won't come back with your 'opinion'!

haha some people... jealousy is a sad thing. Ahhh well hopefully you won't come back with your 'opinion'!

I always find the people who get most pee'd off about these things and say they're a waste are the ones who aren't eligable. I bet if everyone was eligable they'd claim it and there'd be less complaints. It's like child benefit, most people don't need it but still claim it and have no problem doing so.

I always find the people who get most pee'd off about these things and say they're a waste are the ones who aren't eligable. I bet if everyone was eligable they'd claim it and there'd be less complaints. It's like child benefit, most people don't need it but still claim it and have no problem doing so.

you hit the nail on the head Haze :dohh:

go back under the bridge with your big wooden spoon ye :thumbup:

Hi bekki_d18 :hi:

Yet another account? You sure are racking them up to troll now ;)

i knew it :rofl:

i'm not being funny but people that nasty and foul mouthed about other should not be bringing children into the world to be just like them.

maybe one day she will find herself in a situtation where she needs to claim money and NOT get it see how she feels then.

...and they wondered why they got banned in the first place :lol:

bet she doesn't vote labour eh?

shame about the grant aswell but im sure we will all struggle on and get there in the end.

look out ebay here i come lol xxxx

I like a bit of excitement but she just wound me up and I shouldn't get sucked in lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->