Symptoms by DPO. AF or BFP??? (please read first post)

This is cycle 9 of ttc #1. I’m 28 and so is hubby. I’m classing this month as a write off, as I when my period arrived a family member announced they were expecting. While I am thrilled for them it just made me sad, so I deleted all my apps . I also didn’t use any of my ovulation tests either. Based on cervical mucus though I think I ovulated on the 5th March so BD that day in the hopes of catching something. We did BD earlier in the week but that was more for fun.

So I think I’m about 9 dpo. I have a 28 day cycle so expecting af to turn up on the 19th March (which is Mother’s Day in the UK, oh the irony) our 1st wedding anniversary is this Saturday so hoping af will stay away until then, unless we finally caught the egg at the right time and I’m pregnant .

Not really had any symptoms tbh, days 1-6 dpo all I had was extreme wind which made me feel so bloated. Had a dream on 1 dpo that I had twin girls which was nice.

7dpo I had some cramping on Saturday morning and felt really bloated. In the evening I felt a little fluttery feeling in my uterus area, and just brushed it off as feeling horny. (It’s a weird sensation, I couldn’t tell if it felt a little like butterflies fluttering or if I was feeling a little frisky. I felt a little giddy when it happened) Keep needing to poop!

8dpo more of that fluttering sensation that I can’t quite decide on. Nipples are starting to hurt but that happens to me every cycle. Also boobs feel a little tingly from time to time but once again that happens some cycles for me. Had a dream that I had my boobs checked for lumps and my heart checked and all of that was fine. Then took a pg test and it was positive. I think my dreams are helping me manifest! Still keep needing to poop.

9dpo: more of that fluttering feeling not as frequent as yesterday with some cramps. Nipples still sore on and off. Get a burning feeling behind them from time to time, but I’ve experienced that in previous cycles. A bit of back ache which is a really common pms symptom for me. Lots of Creamy cm that’s making me feel like my period has started early. Tiredness hit me like a truck in the afternoon and lasted all the way to going to bed, where insomnia kicked in. Pretty normal for me though at this point in my cycle. Craving meat and prawn salads.

The fluttering feeling is definitely new, not experienced that before. Not getting hung up on it though as my pms likes to throw new symptoms into the rotation from time to time.

10dpo: Nipple somewhat sore just more sensitive (normal for me) boobs aren’t sore to touch but get shooting pains inside if that makes sense (pretty sure I’ve had this before is well). Same tiredness hit me mid morning and has lasted pretty much all day. Scratchy throat and slightly stuffy nose, I saw family at the weekend and my sister had a cold and we shared a swig from a wine bottle (it was her birthday/engagement party) so think it’s from that. Starting to cramp which is normal for me at this time. Had the fluttering feeling again, think it might just be gas though. Just feeling really emotional specially with Mother’s Day coming up. Had to put my phone down when I was sorting my mom a Mother’s Day card as I saw this really sweet one that said to Nana and it just made me really emotional. Thankful hubby wasn’t in the room as I didn’t want to explain why I was crying over a card. Had another prawn salad which tasted amazing and so did dinner.

11dpo: nothing new nips are still sensitive and boobs hurt a little to touch. Had some cramps and back ache.

12dpo: started my normal spotting before period. Just a little brownish discharge that’s only there when I wipe. Boobs and nips also don’t hurt anymore another sign that af is on her way. I also broke my own rule and tested and got a BFN which I expected. Just a matter of waiting for AF to arrive in full force and that’s okay.

AF arrived right on time 19th March

I’ve had several cycles where I thought that I was pregnant and wasn’t that my defence mechanism is now to repeat to myself I’m not pregnant. So sorry if I come across negative, it’s just my way of being prepared for af when (if) she arrives. Sending you all baby dust. Will update this over the coming days.

Last edited:
Back for cycle 11. Last month I just took a month off from it all. Didn’t track, didn’t open my apps just went with CM. This month though I’ve got a renewed sense of hope and I’m back at it!

Purchased the OvuSense core for this cycle and I’ve got to admit it’s been really handy. It would seem I ovulate a little later after my LH peak. Hopefully we managed to catch the egg in time!

Currently 2dpo so not feeling anything other than cramps and boobs are little sore but that’s normal for me. Will update over the coming days.

Apps updated today and I’m actually 4dpo. Tingly boobs, wind and cramping on and off today. Very tired but I’m having trouble sleeping at the moment which is normal for me. All pretty standard pms symptoms for me.

5DPO and I’m just tired and crampy. Boobs just keep getting these zappy type pains but I’ve had those before. I’m just so tired, except when I do try and sleep I keep waking up. Cramps on and off throughout the day and had that fluttery sensation in my uterus again.

6DPO: cramping non stop, it feels like the top of my uterus. The pain woke me up this morning. Feeling nauseous on and off all day. Boobs hurt today. Keep getting the burning feeling again. Not as tired today. I can smell everything. Pretty much normal pms symptoms for me, the craps are a little different though. Husband said my boobs looked massive last night.
7DPO: still cramping. The pain in my right ovary makes me think I have a cyst because holy crap it has been bad. Tired, feeling nauseous pretty non stop, boobs still hurt on and off. They don’t feel tender, they just hurt on the inside. Can still smell everything. I think I’ve got some major pms this month after it being chill for a few months.

8dpo: same as above husband said my face has a glow about me and I look beautiful bless him. Didn’t have the heart to tell him my skin is currently an oil factory.

9dp: well I’m out this month. I’ve had 2 small temps drops yesterday and today and I’ve started spotting today. There goes all my renewed hope. Starting to look at clinics as this next cycle will be 12 and I can’t handle this heartbreak anymore.

Still spotting no period yet. Got some blood test result back that I had done the other week. I’ve an under active thyroid it would seem. Started sobbing to the doctor and I’m finally getting an ultrasound (after 10 years of asking) to check for endometriosis. Also having some blood tests done throughout my cycle to check levels. So feeling a bit more hopeful again!

Last edited:
Period due in 9 days. Did not track ovulation. I’ve been exhausted, crampy, and sensitive boobs for three days now. Yesterday my nose was super sensitive. I could smell the eggs my in law boiled before she even cracked them open. Hoping it’s good signs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->