Teacher mums chat thread

aww i wish i was going on holiday somewhere nice but we cant afford it as OH is looking for a new job and my mat pay stops in november so saving like mad. am hoping he gets a job soon and maybe we can get a cheap deal up the costa del sol.

Oooooonnnnnneeeeee mmmmmmmmooooooorrrrrrreeeeee sssssssllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppp!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're on holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Five and a half weeks with my little munchkin!

:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

Happy Holidays Ladies!!!

5 and half weeks with LO

(must admit to being a little nervous about being in charge 24/7 again :dohh:)

But have a fab break everyone!!:thumbup:

so glad its the hols................who on here is TTC at the mo?:hugs:

Hi Everyone!

I'm a Primary Teacher too, returning to work 3 days from (the dreaded) September. Year One this time for a change. Not too bothered about going back, but dreading leaving Ethan (although he's with my parents so not too bad).

Who's on the countdown ;s

Well folks, only one week left for me :(
As I'm in a sixth form college we break up really early but have to go back early too to start enroling new students on our courses for teaching in September. I feel as though I am going back off mat leave all over again, I had just started to get used to it before the summer when I went back three days a week, but now I will be doing four days and not looking forward to it one bit :( Going back so early means it is 17 weeks - YES 17b WEEKS until we break for Christmas :(

I am actually really wanting to TTC again now, although we said we would wait until at least a year! I am hoping that when we have our second one I'll be able to go back three days a week (what we will live on is another matter...)

I hope you're all enjoying your hols

xx

I was offered a part-time job from school. They got a new teacher for my place but now one other teacher left and they only got part-time teacher for her place. She is taking over all her P.E classes but don't want to take her moving classes. The job is only for 3 lessons(one is 45min) in a week, so 1 or 2 days depending of timetable and I can take Kristan with me. So I'll be working again soon. I don't even know if to be sad or happy but when I told OH about this offer he said that he actually never believed I would be at home for all those 3 years :dohh: And he is right.

I've got until the 2nd Sep off then only 4 days a week - whoo hoo. The holidays have been like maternity leave again but with pay so even better.

Cattia - 17 weeks? that breaks my heart. I have a countdown on my computer to each holiday in days during term time. I know what you mean about TTC but i can't afford double childcare so got to wait until LO is almost in school herslef, boo.

Hi Ladies, would like to join your thread! I teach KS2 in a special school for children with physical disabilities, PMLD and complex medical issues and love it dearly. My son is 5 in Sept and I went back to work after 10 months, part time initially but full time now. We're starting to try for number two in October so very, very excited. Reading your posts about going back brings it all flooding back!

hi all i'm still on maternity leave but will be going back full time in may as here they dont employ part time teachers. i am possibly able to take an extra year (if they give it to me) as we got given some money from an inheritance but we are making sure that it is a good way to spend the money. i am sure it is but OH is undecided. i think that as the money came from my side of the family i should decide :haha:

Hi all :flower:. Going back to work sucks. It feels like I'm on the end of maternity leave countdown all over again :(.

Hi, I'd like to join. I teach secondary music & am going back to work in Sept for 2 weeks then going on maternity leave. Not quite sure if I'll manage the 2 weeks but will give it my best try. I'm so tired & we're not even at school at the mo! How long did you all work for until you started maternity leave?

I worked until the day before I was induced due to obstetric cholestasis at 38 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->