Teacher mums chat thread

Hey Just popping my head around the corner....i am a primary school teacher.
Will go back and read the whole thread now.
We are WTT till married at the mo...and trying to save at the same time to hopefully have a year off maternity and return part time. Not sure how that works with the maternity pay...have a while to work it out lol.

love the countdowns till summer....5 weeks and counting
xx

Welcome pinkgirl :hi:

I am back to work tomorrow after 6 month off. My aim now is to save enough for my next maternity leave and work out a way that I can go part time after that. It's amazing how expensive it all is though! I have used all my savings on this maternity leave so no idea how we will afford the next one. When are you getting married? Are you in the middle of wedding planning?

Been thinking about you Cattia. I hope you had a good first day :hugs:.

Cattia- hope your first day went well.

We are getting married next summer.
Plans are coming along nicely...need to pull my finger out a little...although i never seem to get the time! lol.

Been spending time researching maternity pay and that...still a little lost as it would not be untill another 2 years!

x

HI all,

Well today was OK but of course not great. I was not as upset as I thought I would be this morning as I had prepared myself and was just focused on getting out the door and getting everything ready. I didn't teach today and actually I wish I had as I think it would have cheered me up a bit to see the students, instead I was just catching up with people and felt like I spent a lot of the day picking up crappy things that I don't really want to deal with, like having to do lots of report writing, appraisals etc.

The really hard bit was coming home in the evening as DH had done her routine a bit early because she was getting cranky so I didn't get to do her bath and massage which I was expecting to do. I will have to have a word with him and ask him to leave something for me to do but I didn;t want to say anything because he managed well today and I think he felt he was helping me out. It meant I basically got to feed her and put her straight to bed which was heartbreaking, I really felt I had missed out on her whole day and that just made me so sad :( I hope it gets easier. At least work itself was managable. Thanks for thinking of me :)

aww working is tough isnt it? we're lucky here in gibraltar as it's such a small place that travel to school for me basically is a 10-15min walk or a 2 min motorcycle ride so most days i'm home before 4, unless we have staff meetings or i have choir rehearsals. i am trying to enjoy maternity leave as much as possible as i know how quickly it passes by! have already been off 6wks! would love to be a SAHM but unless we win the euromillions that's not going to happen!

Less than that for me - we finish on JUly 13th! But the down side of that is that we are back on August 23rd! That's sixth form teaching for you!! It's lovely to get an early summer but August - Chrsitmas makes for one loooooooooooong term the other side!

Hey girls
Hope you are all having a good week, i know its quite a stressful time with reports/assessment and exams. I will be glad to start winding down.
I am already counting how many get ups i have left
x

Hi my name is Laura and I'm a primary school teacher. I start back at work next week after having 6 months off. I am going back 3 days a week and will be doing ppa and management cover, which means I will be spending half a day in each year group.
My children will be going to a childminders next to my school which is really handy. xx

Hey. I'm back from our trip and as I can realize you'll be getting on holiday soon. Jeei :happydance:

This time next week we'll be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 more work get ups lol!
What has everyone got planned for the holidays?
x

Getting so close now! Just doing the end of term quiz to see me throught the week with lower school! (making upper school work all week he he he)

Well my hols...

Two lovely weeks with bubba and OH in Madiera

Then just pretending I'm on maternity leave again!

Five days feels like forever.........................................................

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->