• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teacher mums chat thread

Or already got thy feeling of dread you get when you realise term starts in only 18 days... Boo! Hmmm... Would it be wrong to have a string of children to avoid having to go to school for too long...?!?

How's everyone's 'summer' been so far?

Gemba, oh yeah!! I can see you're counting down too. hehe.

time just flies soo quickly, and i like taking it easy at home.

Anyway, how many days are you going back for?

Or already got thy feeling of dread you get when you realise term starts in only 18 days... Boo! Hmmm... Would it be wrong to have a string of children to avoid having to go to school for too long...?!?

How's everyone's 'summer' been so far?

hi Gemba, yup I've got that feeling too! it's just flying by isn't it? How's your summer been? mine's ok, I've been trying to do bits of planning so I dont feel bombarded come Sept but still got loads to do! wish I'd taught this year group before, at least I'd have some planning to fall back on :nope:

Not a bad summer... Ive managed to keep my old classroom soo there's not rooming organising to do there! Just planning to do but only lit and maths - rest is done! Not looking forward to all the marking...!

oh god, i havnt done ANY planning, and i dont even have my own classroom- what makes it worse is that apparently i have a 'base' in a classroom that i only teach twice in!! bleeding joke.

and a part timer here. part of me wishes i was full time, but hey ho will see how it goes.

I considered part time - but I'd still be expected to do my full time role but in less hours and for less money! Just hoping I have enough time to fit everything in!!

Grumble, grumble. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by my new job... only have a maximum of nine working weeks before this one arrives, but i'm all scared.

How you all doing?

Eurgh... Only a week back into school and I hate it already... Come on lottery win - where are you?!? How can my other pals manage to get to look after their lovely babies all week and still manage to be better offthan me! Wish i could sworn to part-time! Argh - rant over... Anyone else have the need to whinge?

know just how you feel.
I've been hit by the bugs already!!!!!! lost my voice and had sore throat from thursday of first week, developed a chest infection by sunday and now its become a cold too! am feeling soo crap and behind with things already :cry:
Plus LO is teething again so waking up constantly :cry: :nope: i know its only monday but roll on friday!

Indeed - I live for 315 on a Friday! Really miss the days I used to enjoy teaching - now it's all SATs and data! Definitely thinking a career change maybe in order - 730 til 530 no break, no lunch and still a heap of work todo at home would love to be paid hourly! Ha ha!

We have germs here too :( Feeling super run down, and tired from teething cold-filled toddler and baby kicking throughout the night - a feeling i know i'll miss, but i really could do with more sleep now. Ok, rant over. On the plus side, my new school is much better in many ways than my last school and my classes are lovely. Yest was my first full teaching day - looking forward to my frees today. Just hoping that i can get more planning done than i managed last week so i can chill at home with the family rather than work.

Gemba - i sometimes chat to the guys at the supermarket and dream of a joblike theirs where i can work and go home and essentially forget the day. Yes 9-5 is very attractive at times.

Hi Ladies, are there any of you out there who have requested flexible working arrangements, i.e. part time? I am a secondary teacher in Scotland and would like to return to work for 0.6. I have met informally with my head teacher and to be honest, she didn't sound too promising. She basically said it isn't in her interest to allow me to do so but said she would look into it for me. I have a feeling this was just to pacify me and she has no intention of allowing me to do so. Any advice appreciated. :-(

No advice - but bumping so that someone else might see and be able to help...!

Oh my, i'm super tired... and i have another 7 weeks left of work. I'm crazy, officially, i'm sure! We are taking out 3 coaches of year 8's to the space centre tomorrow so i'm not sure if that's easier or harder than teaching a day, i've been advised to take some marking though so that's promising!

No advice on the flexi hours, sorry!

Hi Ladies, are there any of you out there who have requested flexible working arrangements, i.e. part time? I am a secondary teacher in Scotland and would like to return to work for 0.6. I have met informally with my head teacher and to be honest, she didn't sound too promising. She basically said it isn't in her interest to allow me to do so but said she would look into it for me. I have a feeling this was just to pacify me and she has no intention of allowing me to do so. Any advice appreciated. :-(

nicky, im part time, 3days/week, and like you i had a meeting with the head and she was very easy going about it, and no problems whatsoever! so, I cant really help you too much im afraid as i dont know much about the legalities.

(apparently when i did ask for part time, she says i have the right to ask for it, but no right to ask for particular work days). so maybe something you could look into?

Ask for your union's advice.

So, started working in a successful school this year, and in 8 weeks i've had two complaints made about me by parents... both settled and parents then admitted that they shouldn't have complained. Turns out that they're teachers themselves. Do you guys ever wonder if you'll end up being one of those parents?

So, started working in a successful school this year, and in 8 weeks i've had two complaints made about me by parents... both settled and parents then admitted that they shouldn't have complained. Turns out that they're teachers themselves. Do you guys ever wonder if you'll end up being one of those parents?

oh gawd, what was it about? i'm hoping i would be a more informed kinda parent! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->