• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teacher mums chat thread

Jchihuahua

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
So all of us teachers can chat about work related stuff and also about being mummies :).

Eek don't remind me I teach...I go back to work full time after the Easter break!!!

Just to introduce myself, I'm Jeanna and before maternity leave was teaching reception. I've also taught nursery up to Year 2 but Reception is my favourite year group :). I'm also an AST and the Foundation Stage coordinator. I teach in an inner city school and have been teaching for 8 years.

Eek don't remind me I teach...I go back to work full time after the Easter break!!!

I go back full time after half term in June. Totally dreading leaving Daisy but also looking forward to seeing the kids and my colleagues! God knows how I'm going to have time to do planning etc though, was hard enough before I had a baby!!

So do I! Shall we start with some intro

Very proud mummy to my chunky monkey Phoebe who is four and half months now. Live with OH and dog.

School wise I'm Head of History in a C of E Secondary school. Mixture of religious well to do kids and more challenging council estate kids!
Going back after Easter full time for one term then hopefully 4 days from September.

Love teaching, hate the crap that the SMT come up with on a daily basis.

Hello! I teach in a sixth form college, used to teach in secondary and have been teaching for 9 years. I am also a Head of Department. I love teaching but I have been kind of 'married to my job' in the past and am wondering how it is going to be now that I have a new priority in my life!

I am terrified of having a bad day, when the kids are little whatsits and thinking what am I doing here with a foul mouthed 16 year old who dosen't care when I could be at home with my lovely daughter!

Understand the married to the job! occupational hazard i think

I love teaching but I have been kind of 'married to my job' in the past and am wondering how it is going to be now that I have a new priority in my life!

Me too, it will be strange having a new priority and not staying at school until 6pm to put up displays. For the first time since I started teaching I'll be out the door to get home to see my baby girl as soon as possible!

I'm sure - i think recognising that some of the stuff is crap means you must be human!!!!! I really don't think some of ours do

I've just started back (0.4). Missed my tutor grp loads, but not the paper work...already have had three requests to ring parents and yr 7 parents evening on thursday- I have only met them twice and I don't even work on thursdays!! :dohh:

Hi, I'm Linz and I've been teaching for 8 years - mainly Year 2. I'm KS1 Co-Ordinator and SenCo. I moved to a new school last year when my lovely old school closed and it appears I've accepted a job in hell! The staff are bitchy and it's really made me dislike my job. As lots of ppl say, I love teaching the kids, but I hate the crap that comes along with it. I'm DREADING going back to work and leaving Ethan. I'm hoping to go in Friday with the baby for the first time since I left, and hoping to speak to the head about returning on reduced hours. I'm willing to fight if needs be! I'll let you all know how I get on!

:wave: oooh we did have a teacher thread before but ti kind of died :cry:

Hi, great thread teaching is hard work without adding a baby to it. I also love teaching but hate the crap and the constant changes that we get given. Before mat leave I was on a temp contract ad 2nd in dept I've been teaching for 2 yrs (just finished my nqt year as I left) I work at a national challenge school and am dreading going back. 50hr weeks aren't so appealing anymore

Hey can I join? I was HOD for History in a secondary school, I left in the summer as we moved to the middle east but im going back to work in September (assuming I find a job lol)

I'm Charlie, I teach science in a non-selective mixed secondary school - I MUST be MAD!!

As much as I'm dreading going back and leaving my baby at nursery I have to or I cant pay the bills, Hubby just cant cover all the bills blub.

I did take Dewi into school the other week and I realised how much I do miss the activity! I was used to interacting with a couple hundred people a day and now its Hubby, Dewi and the cat!

Hi everyone :flower:

What a cute picture on your avatar Chuck!

I'm in the same position as you in that we just can't cover the bills and our debts on hubby's wage. I earn more than he does so it makes more sense for him to go part time when I go back to school and I am SOOOOO jealous. There's so much I love about my job but doing it part time would be even better!

I've not been into school with Daisy yet. I keep saying I will, and I promised my class (who I miss loads actually) that I would but then never seem to get round to it. A few colleagues have been round to see me though, and I meet the TA I work with for coffee every couple of weeks, so I still feel in the loop and know all the gossip! Also I stupidly live quite close to school :dohh: and see lots of the mums in the baby clinic :lol:.

We're due an Ofsted any time now -fingers crossed that happens before I go back in June. An Ofsted, returning to work AND a small baby sounds like it could be a bit of a nightmare! Even though I've been teaching years I keep worrying that I'll have forgotten how to do it when I get back!

I took Phoebe into see my tutor group about a month ago - they were silent all the time she was there - perhaps I should take her in all the time!

Caz81 - Yay another HOd of history!

As I said in baby club I'm the NASUWT rep for my school so know quite a bit about maternity rights if you want to ask questions!

Anyone else going back full time to start? how do you do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->