• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teacher mums chat thread

Oooh - I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself too! I'm primary (y5/6) and will be returning full time as head of my phase in September. I also lead MFL, EAL and global curriculum at our school. Looking forwardto getting to know some other teacher mummies! Nice to 'meet' you Neeyore!
x

nice to meet you too Gemba! :flower: So you're due back same time as me then. How long have you been teaching? I was in Yr 6 up until December then went off on maternity, I'm in Yr 3 in September, never had yr 3 before though so have no previous planning to fall back on!:nope:

It'll be my fourth year teaching - same year group throughout. Sure you'll love Y3... I taught them on training. Hard work but loads of fun! Will you be the only Y3 teacher? A lot of planning to start from new if you are... Thanks God for recycling planning!

Hi all,

I haven't posted here much but just stumbled on this thread. I'm a primary teacher too but I'm in Ireland. Went back to work f/t after Easter, was dreading it but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!!!!! I went back to 4th class (9/10 yr olds) but will be teaching Junior Infants (4 yr olds) come September. My little boy is 11 months old, was 9 months when I went back to work. :hi:

Hi everyone,
Just thought I would introduce myself too. I'm also a teacher but we had a number of failed ivfs and during that time I went part time. I was doing PPA and the Senco job over 3 days but as of September I'll be job sharing a Year 3/4 class and also Senco. I'm 'back' now but since putting my twins into nursery we've been plagued by illness. So far colds, conjunctivitis and sickness and diarrhoea. The nursery viruses are virulent and, having being off on maternity, I had lost immunity to all these child hood bugs too. If you are going back in September and haven't arranged to start child care early then I would definitely recommend it! So I'm currently in sickness hell with the twins who have managed to pass it onto every single member of my family and also a work colleague (teacher) who came to visit on Saturday evening before symptoms started.
As for the job - well I've not even had time to worry about it but I will! I taught Y 3/4 a long time ago (in 9th year) and obviously being out of the swing of things with not having my own class for a while; it fills me with dread.
On the plus side - the twins love nursery (when they're actually there!)
X

It'll be my fourth year teaching - same year group throughout. Sure you'll love Y3... I taught them on training. Hard work but loads of fun! Will you be the only Y3 teacher? A lot of planning to start from new if you are... Thanks God for recycling planning!

ahh, at least there's some continuity for you then. Yep, we are one form entry so I'm the only one doing planning... from scratch :cry:

hi Twinklestar10

hi HelenFS, nice to meet you both! :flower:

Nice to see this thread up and active again! Welcome to all the new ladies. For anyone who doesn't already know me, I am a secondary trained English teacher working in a sixth form college. It sounds cushy but I assure you it isn't! It's a tough underfunded inner city college with lots of level one and two students on resit courses. I like the college environment a lot though. I have been a HOD for five years, am currently on maternity leave with my second baby and will be going back in December on a 0.6 and stepping down from my HOD role. No idea how we will afford to live but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.....

Hi ladies. Welcome to the newcomers to the thread. To those that don't know me I am reception class teacher, phase leader and am a member of SLT at an inner city primary school.

Are many of you on strike today? Daisy and I attended the march in Leeds earlier on.

Hi ladies. Welcome to the newcomers to the thread. To those that don't know me I am reception class teacher, phase leader and am a member of SLT at an inner city primary school.

Are many of you on strike today? Daisy and I attended the march in Leeds earlier on.

how did the march turn out?

i am officially working wed-friday come september. would've prefered mon-wed, but wasnt allowed to ask for certain days :(

i have been wondering how i am going to get my baby brain back into gear, this year i've let my brain take a back seat in my day to day life and my god, how am i going to be able to teach?!! does anyone else worry about it?

Totally! Although I managed with pregnancy brain - Which (for me!) was worse than baby brain... I'll just tell the children I made the mistake on purpose to check they were listening... Hmmmmm... Will I get away with it!?!

how did the march turn out?

It was good. Daisy was so cute! When we were listening to the speeches she was clapping everytime the protesters were clapping :).

I don't g back to work until Monday but I went on strike too! By striking I refused to do my planning that needed doing for my return!

hi i started posting on this thread when i was pregnant with owen and then stopped! i guess i felt out of it coz o wasnt teaching :blush: anyway i hope you girlies dont mind if i rejoin you :flower:

my name is Anne and i have 3 children Owen 1 Erin 3 and Dylan 5. i'm on extended unpaid maternity leave and start a new job as music co-ordinator in a middle school in September.

Hi, hope it's ok for me to join you! I'm a primary teacher, mainly KS2. I have been on maternity leave since January & I return to work in September. Feeling very nervous about it!

Hi all. I'm a secondary teacher and teach Religious Studies. I'm due to go back 2 days a week in nov when my lo is 9 months. I am dreading it.

Hi, hope it's ok for me to join you! I'm a primary teacher, mainly KS2. I have been on maternity leave since January & I return to work in September. Feeling very nervous about it!

Exactly the same as me! hi :flower:

i have gone back full time after each child and i can say that after a few days it's like you've never left :haha: still doesnt mean it is a particularly wonderful prospect tho :dohh:

I finish tomorrow at my school - phew! Got leaving speeches after school, dreading the whole thing, soon be over though.

Anyone got anything spacial planned for the holidays?

we're going away for 3 nights up the coast to benalmadena on saturday but that's the most exciting it gets :rofl: doesnt help that we're going to have to fork out £1600 for a new catalytic converter for the car :dohh: and i'm currently on unpaid leave! eek!!!

Ladies, one word... HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->