Team 2011 Winter Baby!

I'm taking EPO to increase my CM and boy is it working!! been taking it about a week now, much more CM'y already lol

Thanks Nai, I will pop to Boots in my lunch break tomorrow and get some. Just got to remember to stop taking it at ovulation. What dosage are you taking?

Thanks Nai, I will pop to Boots in my lunch break tomorrow and get some. Just got to remember to stop taking it at ovulation. What dosage are you taking?

I'm taking two 1300mg tablets.. just to warn you though I had a SERIOUS upset tummy when I started them last week, so bad I thought I'd have to stop them. Kept getting strange & really painful (like stop everything and curl over!) cramps under my ribs in my stomach (like AF but much much higher) and constantly felt nauseous & upset toilet tummy (haha you know what I mean!)

but it really has worked for me, i'm normally pretty dry. DH was pleasantly surprised last night when we :sex: :happydance: and all the bad side effects have now stopped totally! some girls have suggested starting off with a lower dosage first.. i'm on cycle 5 so just wanted to sort out my CM straightaway because keep getting :bfn: and i'm fed up of it! So i put up with the side effects, but you might prefer to start with a lower dosage.. I think 2600mg is pretty much the highest you can take (not 100% sure though)

i'm getting some flaxseed tomorrow in my lunch break to swap to after I O.. i'm still waiting on O at the moment though (cd14, I'm a late O'er normally.. *sigh*)

Really pleased the EPO side effects wore off - told you they would :thumbup: You're taking loads more than me though - I take 1000mg a day.

I'm getting quite used to the grapefruit juice, but I really don't think I could cope with pineapple juice :sick: I'm trying a cup of green tea with lemon every day.

PS - OPK was negative again this evening....that was OPK #50 :nope:

Oh Katie :hugs: Keep at it though!

Nai where did you get your EPO from and what is the flaxseed for? xxx

Oh Katie :hugs: Keep at it though!

Nai where did you get your EPO from and what is the flaxseed for? xxx

I got my EPO from Holland & Barrett (they've got it online too and I think it's cheaper on the online store at the mo - but either way they've got jan sales on :thumbup:) and it's a pack of 60 of the 1300mg tablets so they'll last a month

the flaxseed is to swap to after O because the EPO is linked to uterine contractions which can cause m/c so shouldn't take it after the day you O, the flaxseed is used instead of it then until cd1 again (or hopefully there's no more cd1! lol)

I have Flaxseed oil for post ovulation too! I swear I can hear myself rattle when I walk...:haha:

Ok sorry if I am being really dense here but what does the flaxseed actually do? Is it to just maintain CM??

xxx

it helps to balance your hormones (help maintain pregesterone) from what I gather.. :thumbup: it's an essential fatty acid that the body needs

Well sounds promising and I have just checked boots and they do a 1050mg evening primrose oil capsule for £3.99 for 30 so as I have a boots voucher I think I will get it from there tomorrow and I think I will just take one tablet a day so should last two months :happydance:

I will have to get the flaxseed oil at the weekend, what dosage do you take it in post ovulation? :flower:

I'd like to be part of this group. TTC #2 starting on 10 Jan!

Hiya ladies...

Wow busy thread!! You guys are super organised and skilled at all the things to take! I'm on folic acid (pregnacare) tablets and that's it!

I don't use FF as I don't know how to and have such a varied morning routine and am rubbish at temping.. have tried before... I normally don't have issue with CM, though last month when waiting for first AF after MMC I noticed a distinct lack of it!

I'm on CD 10 at the moment and today got a load of clear sticky CM... is this about right?? normally I ovulate on CD 14 (with ovulation pains.. annoying as they hurt like mad.. but great as I don't need OPK's).

Hope you all have a good evening... I'm so ready to get into the 2WW... no scratch that... I'm so ready to be at the end of the 2WW... this waiting for Ovulation and waiting for AF is so frustrating.... so :hugs: and love to Katie who's stuck on CD a hundred (or that's how it must feel) hope you ovulate soon!! xxxx

Well sounds promising and I have just checked boots and they do a 1050mg evening primrose oil capsule for £3.99 for 30 so as I have a boots voucher I think I will get it from there tomorrow and I think I will just take one tablet a day so should last two months :happydance:

I will have to get the flaxseed oil at the weekend, what dosage do you take it in post ovulation? :flower:

i've just been reading about it and it's basically a source of omega-3 which is also available from fish oils.. so i guess you can choose whether you take the flaxseed oil or not depending on whether you already take an omega-3 supplement... the only thing i'm worried about is coming off epo after O'ing and then being sick again when i go back on it and wonder if the flaxseed oil would prevent this happening.. hmmm will have to have a think about it lol will defo not be taking epo after O day though, it's just bad bad bad. From what i've read it's 1 capsule per day when you buy flaxseed oil capsules

THE ALA IS FOUND IN FLAXSEED.. THE EPA AND DHA ARE FOUND IN FISH OIL CAPSULES - I believe anyway, so saying that:

From website:
How much do we need?

For healthy adults, the recommendation is 300-500 mg per day of EPA and DHA combined, plus an additional 800 to 1100 mg of ALA.

The EPA/DHA recommendation can usually be met with one softgel capsule of fish oil (with 1 gram or 1000 mg of fish oil) which usually contains 180 mg of EPA and 120 mg of DHA, totalling 300 mg of the two omega-3s. However, amounts do vary (some products are stronger, some weaker), so look at the amounts of EPA and DHA provided, and add them together to see if the product supplies 300 mg in one serving.

Welcome Roben!

Mummycat, I used to feel like that with temping but it got to the point where I needed to know that everything was working as it should and now I don't think I could ttc without bbt :haha:

Thanks Katie, shall be rattling at this rate :wacko:

Welcome Roben!

Mummycat, I used to feel like that with temping but it got to the point where I needed to know that everything was working as it should and now I don't think I could ttc without bbt :haha:

Thanks Katie, shall be rattling at this rate :wacko:

:haha: I get ya! In fact I would be more into it if we struggled to conceive... but we've pretty much fell pregnant 1st or 2nd cycle every time...so in that respect we're really lucky... it's just we've lost a couple, one before my daughter and one after. So we need to hang on to them better!

So if we don't have a BFP once we're back from our holiday in mid Feb... I'll start temping! :D

Just one of my thoughts right now. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could just press a button and BOOM your pregnant and get bfp immediately.

A girl can dream eh?
X

Can you add me too please.

Tcc baby no1 - been trying 13months now

x

interesting conversation on flaxseed oil. My naturopath doctor recommended I take flaxseed oil in folicular phase (she said "remember, take F in the F phase") and then to switch to borage oil from ovulation to CD1. I asked her about EPO and she said she recommends taking flaxseed instead of EPO but it was up to me (I chose flaxseed). But you all are saying flaxseed after O not before O. Interesting!

whoops, forgot to tell you...she recommended this regime to bring up my O day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->