Team 2012 Bundle of Joy - Dragons in the Making!

Hello girls! May I join? I'm Clare and we have been TTC since April. I'm 35, he's 41 and I have a DD who is turning 8 next week. Getting my BFP will mean the world to us as we are an 'older' couple and my family goes through early menopause. It will also be DH's first bio child.

We want to join Team Dragon 2012!

:hi: gorgeous girlies!!! :flower:

Just wanted to say hi and send my love and best wishes for your BFP's in your happy shiny new thread! (Love the Dragon theme! :D)

I'm still hanging around lurking (with the pom poms :dance:) waiting to jump out and scream and shout when those :bfp:'s come rolling in!

PS... sorry for the temp drop Pink!
PPS... Feisty, Boo is adorable :cloud9:
PPPS... I wish I had someone to watch Harry Potter/Breaking Dawn with.. my hubby refuses! :grr:

LOL... in the time it takes me to drive to you - you can probably watch them both! :rofl: :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Probably be cheaper than driving too lol :D

No idea though lol :D

Surely Luton - Newcastle can't be that much :shrug:

I know I'm abut behind you all in the states but good morning! I'm glad you won't run people off when they get a :bfp:.

I've never watched any of the harry porter movies but I'm obsessed with twilight. I put the number of days until opening on my friends wall on facebook a few months ago. So many people were going crazy thinking I was pregnant. Haha

I have been impulsively buying baby girl clothes for a few weeks now. Do any of you do this? My dh thinks I'm crazy but when they are on sale and are adorable I can't pass them up.

I love Twilight too :D

I've not bought anything yet. OH won't let me, says we shouldn't tempt fate and I agree. If i'd started buying things then I would be getting myself upset that I have things and no baby for them :shrug:

First off, you all need a husband like mine.. he is still mad at me that I went to see Harry Potter without him last year. He still hasn't seen it and refuses to go see the next one til he sees that one. I really don't understand why he can't just watch it one night.. what a weirdo. I think he is just angry I went without him. And, I have discovered that when men get together they do strange things, because out on the oil rigs apparently some of the rigs shut down for an hour or so so the guys can The Young and The Restless!! I mean, really! A soap opera, can you imagine about 50 guys watching it together.. strannngge.

And secondly, I bought some baby clothes about 2 years ago.. just a boy outfit and a girl outfit, made me feel better like I would eventually have a baby to dress them in. I think each person feels very differently about buying stuff. Even when you get your BFP some will buy lots and others won't buy at all. I haven't bought any clothes.. I think I was afraid for a long time I would lose it. It's just now, I'm starting to relax. And after that 'Secret Life of the American Teenager' episode.. now I'm afraid of stillbirth... I don't know if you guys have ABC family over there.. but wow, was that episode sad.

I already have all the boy clothes I need...plus more. My son has WAY too many. I'm a little obsessed with dressing him up. Still births scared me when I was pg also. Just try to focus on the good vs the scary. :)

I have an image of 50 men on an oil rig all watching soap operas together :rofl:

I have no clue when I will start to buy things. Maybe a few small things when I'm first pregnant but nothing major until we reach viability at least.

I won't buy baby clothes, but I probably would if I didnt have problems.

xx

I won't buy anything until I'm certain about the pregnancy - at least 12 week scan, maybe even the 20 - I'm glad I didn't buy anything last time, if I had come home to that after my scan it would have even worse

Anyway - :witch: has entered the building! Not full flow but red tinged cm - so CD1 tomorrow!!

I wish I could resist buying girl clothes. Maybe I need to go to counseling or something. Lol

Welcome Clare :wave: You have been popped onto the first page :dance:

Emma boo to the :witch::hugs:

I am with Becca, Emma and Rachael on this one, when we were pregnant with Sprout both of our mother's started buying baby stuff and I got a few bits in the sale too. We have them all on one of the shelves on the baby changing station in the spare room. I am generally okay if I just glance at them in passing but every few months or so I have to dust the shelves and I will generally have a little breakdown of my own. Next time I will not be buying anything until 20 weeks, just too sad. I won't lock away any of the clothing/bits that we currently have as personally it would make me more sad knowing they would never be used. I do plan to dress my baba in them as an acknowledgement to their big brother/sister.

I am majorly paranoid about still-births after it happened to my best friend last December. It was a very dark time as our loss was still so fresh and then I forced myself to try and be strong and supportive for her. The grieving for sprout and her gorgeous little man kind of got all intertwined for me.

Watched one born every minute USA earlier this evening. I force myself to watch them because although it is quite upsetting and emotional for me it also gives me something to look forward to if that makes any sense :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->