Team 2012 Bundle of Joy - Dragons in the Making!

I watch them all too Danielle - I feel like I can't shut myself of fom these things - I need to have the belief that it will happen for us and we will experience that joy for ourselves one day.

In fact I'm quite good at feeling joy for other people, with the exception of people who have it really easy but don't appreciate that fact - I hope that it doesn't sound harsh - it's not like I want people to have to suffer in the ways that some of us ladies have, it's just that I want them to know that they've had it easy - I'm not sure I'm making sense!!

Because some of you ladies have been through this, what is the best thing to say to someone who is going through a miscarriage? My friend is 9 weeks and bleeding heavily right now. I'm leaving in a minute to meet her at the ER. Should I just be there for her and sit, or is there something I can tell her that will help?

I've not been through it, but I think the best you can do is be there for her. I honestly don't think there's anything in the world that you can say that will help her right now :hugs:

Personally there was nothing anyone could say to make me better - I just wanted people to be there for me if I wanted to talk or just a hug!

What I would say is stay away from the cliches of 'it happens for a reason' 'at least you can get pregnant' 'best it happened now than later' or 'you can have another one'

To me they all felt like a slap in the face

Lots of love to your friend xx

Ooooh...I never thought about those sayings being so hurtful. :hugs: to you for having to put up with people saying those things. Thank you for your advice.

Just what Emma and Rachael have said really. Try and listen if she wants it, if she doesn't know yet if she is having a miscarriage (lots of women bleed heavily and have perfectly healthy pregnancies) then don't tell her your sure it will be okay as that false hope really upset me when I was going through it.

Big :hugs: to your poor friend xxx

She just got back. She had a hcg level of 1600 which is extremely low for 9 weeks pregnant. She is supposed to go back in two days for more tests to see if it is going up or down. She does not have insurance and can not afford paying cash for an ultrasound to get a definite answer. With levels that low, it does not sound good to me.

I've just realised I haven't had a visit from AF in SEVEN WEEKS! I have NEVER gone so long with out her! I know my chart says I'm only 8DPO but this is ridiculous! The HPT I took this morning was BFN, so now I'm wondering if the tests I got were defective? (Just using ICs at the moment)

Seven weeks with no :witch:? THIS NEVER HAPPENS!!! WHAT THE HELL?!?

Could be stress of TTC messing up your cycle?

HSG at 4.30 today girls, lost another 2lbs! 1st 1lb to go!

xxx

Personally there was nothing anyone could say to make me better - I just wanted people to be there for me if I wanted to talk or just a hug!

What I would say is stay away from the cliches of 'it happens for a reason' 'at least you can get pregnant' 'best it happened now than later' or 'you can have another one'

To me they all felt like a slap in the face

Lots of love to your friend xx

Exactly what pink said...

Nothing can make it better, or make you feel better, just be there for her. Lots of hugs.

xxx

Clare - I agree with Becca - there could be a alot if things messing with af - but it might be worth a trip to the doctors to get investigated x

Well done Becca - you're doing soooooooo well!!!! Good luck today Hun x

Clare - I agree with Becca - there could be a alot if things messing with af - but it might be worth a trip to the doctors to get investigated x

Well done Becca - you're doing soooooooo well!!!! Good luck today Hun x

Thanks sweetie! I am starting to get a bit nervous, going straight after work so had a shower this morning.... :haha:

Ive got belly ache, which i get when I am worried.

xxx

You'll be fine Becca, good luck.

Clare, loads of things could be messing with AF, might be time for a trip to the doctors :hugs:

I've been using ICs to test would it be OK to try one FRER? If it's BFN, then I'll go to the doctors tomorrow....

If you want to use an FRER then use one. I would be inclined to do one too to make sure it's not just dodgy IC's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->