Team 2012 Bundle of Joy - Dragons in the Making!

13 weeks and 6 days until you find out? Are you going to book in for an early scan? It is so tempting :lol:

Not decided yet.

Just back from the dentist. Ouchie!! Also nearly threw up :blush: that was fun.

Oh no! Make sure to follow the post op instructions fully as dry socket is supposed to be one of the worst pains possible and their is no medicated relief for it :hugs:

Well just had a call from my GP surgery, they want to meet and discuss my serious allegations against their GP's. I am dreading it! :cry: I hate confrontation and know exactly how the system works. (joys of managing a NHS dental practice for a few years) They will twist everything I say claiming I have gotten 'confused' or 'misunderstood' and then they will try to make my notes fit to their version of events making me look like a liar trying to skip to the front of the FS list :growlmad: The manager I spoke to was polite but I got the distinct impression that the GPs are fuming. I could understand this if I was lieing or had even slightly exagerated the truth but I flipping haven't! They need to take responsibility for their crappy practice and get something done :growlmad:

I can guess that the outcome is going to be "We take all allegations such as this very seriously and will from now on take measures to ensure that it doesn't happen to another patient" And this helps me how??

Sorry for the rant, feeling a bit peed off. Especially as I have to wait for 3 weeks for this bloody meeting as the GP is on annual leave until mid September and then I have work commitments meaning it will be the third week of September, just what I wanted hanging over me!

Grrr they don't half like to drag their heels down there :grr:

I will be following the instructions Feisty, don't worry. It's not the first time I've had a tooth taken out, last time it was both of my left wisdom teeth at the same time :wacko:

Quick question as you're a dental nurse. I seem to have a long thin swelling still which I'm assuming is where he injected the local anaesthetic, should I be concerned or is it normal?

It's normal hun. With extractions they give a little extra local to make sure you can't feel anything. It may also feel a bit bruised/swollen/tender as it is a trauma and your body is going to take a little longer to heal due to baba hogging all your normal healing functions ;)

Don't mind all that. I have Weetabix at the ready :thumbup: Just wanted to make sure this swollen bit was normal before I went back to the dentist panicking over nothing :rofl:

He had to administer the anaesthetic 3 times before I finally couldn't feel anything. I'm apparantly hard to numb :rofl:

Hi Ladies,

I see that things are alittle slower in here this week. I hope everyone is doing well.

RACHEL, I hope your recovery from the dentist is speedy.

FIESTY, so sorry your day has started not so positive, hoping that it picks up...

AFM Ladies...CD2! Back in this egg chase again. We are fully ready. During relaxing times this past week, we chatted, fine-tweaked our plans and are ready to get this Sept bfp. Even got a new BBT-T so be certain. We are going to do more CM monitoring as well. Between temping, charting, CM checks, and more “donations” we are confident that this IS going to be IT!!!

Follow my chart below…

:dust: :dust: :dust to the Thread!!!!!

Hope this is it for you MrsM :hugs:

Oh Rachael your one of those patient's are you? ;)

Yep apparantly I am.

After he'd finished I felt so sick and went all clammy. I was soaked in sweat but cold :wacko: think it was the adrenaline, especially as I started to feel sick and put my hand up for him to stop but he didn't as the tooth was right on it's way out but I think those extra few seconds made me panic even more. Luckily I wasn't sick but I did retch a few times :nope:

Oh hun I am sorry you had such a crap experience :hugs: Adrenaline can effect some people that way normally but with early pregnancy it is a lot more pronounced!

Just a little tip for when you are a bit further along, don't let the dentist/hygienist talk you into a ultrasonic scale and polish as it can cause distress to baba. Also invest in a mouthwash and toothpaste with high fluoride concentration that is safe to use during pregnancy like duraphat rinse. It should protect your enamel xxx

I don't intend to go back until after baba is here now! Will look for the mouthwash, thanks :thumbup:

im terrified of the dentist think its because my older sister had lots of bother when she was growing up and had to have lots of teeth pulled out in one go because her mouth was too small or something like that! But luckily so far I haven't had any fillings or teeth out

I think most people are scared of the dentist. It is quite an intimate thing to let another person you barely know rummage around in your mouth while you are vulnerably led in the chair.

First OPK of this cycle and it isn't looking good :wacko: CD10 and the line was barely there. I am worried I only ovulated last month because of residual clomid left in my system :shrug: Trying conceive plus inserted internally for the first time tonight, slightly worried :/

Sorry for the double post but I am so pissed off right now ladies I could cry! :cry: So DH has been moody and quiet all evening, I checked with him twice about dtd and although not enthusiastic he agreed. He waits until I have to go through the horrible ordeal of inserting the conceive plus (it is gross and hugely messy) to come in and when I tell him I need a bit more time (They reccomend 15 minutes) he wonders off and then wont come back in. I hobble out of bed to see him moping around in the dark in the lounge like an angsty teenager and when I try to talk he just ignores me! When I ask if he is coming back in he keeps moodily replying later. I can feel my temper starting to boil but try to keep it to a low simmer by politely asking why he agreed twice if he wasn't interested - no response. He then comes into the bedroom 10 minutes later gets into bed and tells me he just wants to sleep!

Now if he had seen me inserting the conceive plus then fair enough as I said it is gross, he didn't. If I told him I needed more time for the conceive plus to settle then I could understand he might feel it was a bit forced/unnatural - I didn't.

Why oh why must he act like a stupid cock?!?! He claims he wants a child more then anything and yet he can't be bothered to put the smallest of efforts in :cry: I am seriously on the verge of just giving up. I can't do this any more, all the stress and anxiety is all for nothing if he can't perform the most basic of tasks. I hate going to bed like this but he is now sleeping like a baby while I am left to stress it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->