Team 2012 Bundle of Joy - Dragons in the Making!

Danielle - I'm sorry she wasn't as helpful as you had hoped :hugs:

I would say that there are some positives to take from it - if there is a problem with hubbys SA then she will may well have ways of treating it and it's better to know than to go on thinking that it's ok.

Many woman fall pregnant straight after a HSG, it must clear the way for the :spermy: to get through :shrug:

With regards to the clomid - I think the NICE guidelines aren't very clear
https://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/pdf/CG011fullguideline.pdf (pg 58)
It does say about 12 cycles on it can increase the chances of cancer - but I'm not entirely sure if that means 12 consecutive cycles or 12 total. It does tell you what the study was though, so you can do your own research.
But if you are not happy with the taking it for more than 12 months - then you need to make that very clear to her, explaining why.

You will get there hunny - some of us just need to go on a long difficult journey to get there :hugs:

:hugs: Sorry you didn't get the news you wanted. I'm sure that was a bummer.

Oh FF :hugs:

I hope you get the all clear and that your FS is a bit more helpful!

Razcox you are so right hun, money would surely make them a bit more helpful!

Emma I too am hoping that the HSG may clear the way, and fingers crossed if there is a problem with DH SA then it is slight and easily fixed.

I will look into the clomid causing cancer thing before my next appointment with her and decide what I want to do. Yes having a baby may seem the most important thing right now but fast forward to 15 years or so and do I really want to be diagnosed with something that could have possibly been avoided. Also although the clomid obviously works for me it hasn't for the last 8 rounds so is it worth exposing myself when it could be pointless :wacko:

Do you girls think this OPK is getting close to being positive? The line is actually a thick line, just darker on the left side.

Attachments

• OPK16.jpg
    OPK16.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 4
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting on a forum. I can definitely use the support of people going through the same thing I am. I want to remain hopeful but the journey is so heartbreaking.

My name is Stephanie. I am 29 years old. I have an incredible 9 y/o son, Caleb and an equally incredible step-son named Darren. I have been TTC for a little over 2 years now. We started our journey with Clomid because I was not ovulating. This came as a huge surprise to me! We went through 4 cycles all resulting in NO ovulation. ](*,)

The doc then decided to try Femara. I ovulated!! So exciting. Then we find out that my sweet husband has VERY low count, low motility, and 0 morphology. Not good. We where then referred to our RE.

He continued us on Femara, still BFN x . He then ordered my ovaries rest for at least two months. I just did my day 3 labs and the results were actually pretty good. My FSH was 5.7 (yippee).

We have a meeting with our RE on December 6th to discuss moving forward with IVF in January. Scary but sooooo exciting.

I hope that wasn't too long winded. I am excited to get to know you ladies :wave:

Faythe it is possible that you are due to ovulate within the next few days or you have just ovulated and your surge is coming down. OPKs are a nightmare because they offer you such a limited time in which to test for a positive :wacko: Keep at the bedding and invest in that thermometer :thumbup:

CalebsMommi welcome to the group hun :wave: Long introductions are always good as it means that we get a real understanding of your journey so far :flower: Are they going to treat your DH or just move to IVF?

Well crap news continues as bike was stolen last night :cry: I am more annoyed over the fact that I was planning to fix it up today as need it as a cheap mode of transport right now!

I did another OPK at 4pm after holding my wee for 2 hours and the line is lighter so I may have missed my window?

Oh no! That's awful! Do you have contents insurance as it may be covered?

Sorrry you're having a crap time Danielle. Fayth, I would definitely temp. I striggled with OPK's and never got a peak on the CBFM but thanks to temping I knew I WAS ovulating.

Welcome to the thread CalebsMommi :flower:

Hope everyone is ok? I'm doing good, slowly getting there with baby's nursery and just under 2 weeks until our 20 week scan and hopefully we can find out if baby is pink or blue :)

Welcome Calebs Mommi :flower:

Danielle, I think you might be right. These are my OPK's from today. Notice how they last two are really faint (I've tweaked to make it easier to see as IRL they're easier to see!)

Me thinks I might have missed my window :dohh:

https://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss306/Phoenixbaby123/OPK16Progression-1.jpg

Thanks Rachel. I'm going to temp for the next cycle :thumbup:

Danielle I'm sorry for your string of crap news lately! I really hope you get some great news soon! :hugs:

Congrats on the BFP Razcox!! :dance: :dance: :dance: Keeping everythign crossed for a viable pregnancy!!! :hugs:

So news from us is that our :yellow: bump turned :pink: Elizabeth Rose arrived 11 days late on the 9/11/11 at 9:47pm weighing 7lbs 4oz. Here's a link to some pics I took of her last week, should you wish to see.

Hope you are all well... fingers crossed for some more BFP's! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Welcome calebs_mommi!

So sorry about your bike getting stolen. That's no fun.

Rachael, do you have any guesses on which team you will be on? That will be one exciting day for you!!

Your baby girl is absolutely beautiful, Mummycat!

Thanks hun! I just read about your gender scan mix up! How frustrating that they got it wrong... can you just imagine if that was your last scan?? You'd have had a rather large surprise at the birth!!

I'd love to know (if you don't mind) the meaning behind your boy's names? Alaric and Elam.. they're lovely names and very different to names I normally come across.

Cath Elizabeth is gorgeous and I love the avatar pic with Lottie holding Elizabeth! Is Lottie short for Charlotte? Because I love traditional names :cloud9: I think there is something beautiful about having a mix of original and modern which may be why we settled years ago on Nate and Eleanor :haha:

No contents insurance so can't even claim :cry: Was going to buy a lottery ticket yesterday as figured we deserved some good news but totally forgot :dohh:

Nana is coming home today :dance:

Those theiving scum bags will get what's coming to them! Grrrr I hate people like that. They don't even think how thefts affect people :growlmad:

Are you able to get another? I think Halfords and Evans Cycles are doing some good deals at the moment.

Cath Elizabeth is gorgeous and I love the avatar pic with Lottie holding Elizabeth! Is Lottie short for Charlotte? Because I love traditional names :cloud9: I think there is something beautiful about having a mix of original and modern which may be why we settled years ago on Nate and Eleanor :haha:

No contents insurance so can't even claim :cry: Was going to buy a lottery ticket yesterday as figured we deserved some good news but totally forgot :dohh:

Nana is coming home today :dance:

Thank you!! :) The avatar pic is from our Christmas card shoot I did.
here's the result (see below)... and yes... I did put Elizabeth in a stocking! :D poor child! :haha:

Yep... I now have a Charlotte and Elizabeth... nicknames are Lottie and Lizzie which I love and think are cute for when they're little but as they grow up, they have nice traditional names! Their full names are Charlotte Marion Pound and Elizabeth Rose Pound (Middle names are after my maternal and paternal Grandmothers)

I love the names Nate and Eleanor :cloud9: Lovely!!! :thumbup:

I'm so sorry about the bike! :( That really sucks!! BUT fab news that Nana's coming home! :dance:

https://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv192/katypound/Christmascard2011.jpg

Congratulations Mummycat! :happydance:

And the photos of Lottie and Lizzie are gorgeous!!

xx

Congrats mummycat!

Gorgeous avatar and lovely names! :cloud9: xx

I've picked two names for girls that I like, if we do have a girl when we get our BFP.

Anyone else been pro-active like me? :haha::blush:

Thanks ladies!

Faythe... I always had a list of favourite baby names... since before we were married (4 years now) and long before TTCing! :) Then sadly (not really)... all our family had boys and a couple of them used our favourite names - Matthew and Daniel :dohh: so luckily we've had girls! :haha:

Keeping everything crossed that those BFP's are just around the corner! :dust:

Cath your photo's are gorgeous! Business will be booming with cuties like that to sell it ;)

Faythe I don't even have two pound coins to rub together at the moment so a new bike is out of the question :( I am currently eyeing a few very cheap (under £10) bikes up on ebay. Yes they are rusty and not so great cosmetically but it is wheels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->