Team 2012 Bundle of Joy - Dragons in the Making!

I emailed my PCT and asked for details about IVF referral criteria and rather then answer my questions specifically I was emailed the document that outlines all fertility treatments and guidelines in my area. After reading through it there was a section in IVF about miscarriages that stated that two miscarriages from natural conception pregnancies would mean IVF wasn't eligible due to risk of another miscarriage.

The $hit thing is that they won't investigate recurrent miscarriages until you have had your first two!

That's awful, they say 2 is unlucky and there is hardly any increase in risk, that's why they have the 3 mc rule for RM referral - yet for IVF 2 means increase risk, doesnt make sense to me :nope: I'd be so angry!!!

I am freaking annoyed but figure it isn't the end of the world as private IVF doesn't have these stipulations and it is seeming more and more likely that we are going to end up going down this route :(

I am still here as well, still plodding along. Picked myself up after the craphole of a day thursday was and will appeal the PCT declining our funding. It just all takes time doesnt it which is so frustrating. The longer we are TTC the more i realise how little the NHS cares about fertitily and MC issues.

Pink thats great news about your BFP!! Will be sending sticky dust your way xx

Raz I was having a rant the other day about how the NHS cuts IVF and fertility funding because it is 'easier' to do that then tell an obese person they can't have surgery and to develop self control or an alcoholic that they can't have medication to stop renal failure because it is self induced. Basically they will state that fertility and IVF doesn't affect our health just our quality of life :growlmad:

Oh Amy so sorry hun :hugs:

Raz this will mean yet another team thread that the 3 of us have come to the end of :cry:

Oh Amy so sorry hun :hugs:

Raz this will mean yet another team thread that the 3 of us have come to the end of :cry:

*Sigh* now isnt that depressing! Would have been nice to have a dragon baby. Snake baby doesnt have the same ring to it!

:hugs: Ladies.

I can't help but feel this won't end with a dragon baby - but I suppose that's to be expected after everything.

I saw my GP today, they have agreed to my having an early scan this time - it's booked for 2 weeks time. They are also checking my HCG numbers, go back for my second blood test Friday.

xx

Oh Pink I think you will be fine my love :hugs: Can't wait to see that scan :)

Raz I don't think I want to call the thread snakes in the making as it sounds a bit horrid :wacko:

Have made a charm bracelet with every kind of fertility crystal I own on it :haha:

Good luck with your scan Pink!

Well, today at a scan my fluids were low, so I'm having Elam today. :) At 2:00 my time my c-section should start!! (It's 10:42 here now) :cloud9:

I had my scan today girls. Measuring bang on my original dates that I worked out, so pleased about that :D

Jenny wishing you every luck my sweet :kiss: Can't wait to see pictures :hugs:

Faythe glad things are bang on!

We missed the freaking ovulation window and it was a waste of my second to last clomid cycle :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->