Team April 21st

peanut dont say that,Im scared of my hospital anyway x

Oh tas I'm sorry I don't mean to scare you! I certainly don't mean that doctors would ever do anything other than what they think is for the best, just that they are not inclined to think about natural means. They see things going wrong so think first of the risks rather than individual's wishes iyswim.

Why are you afraid of your hospital?

I agree with peanutbean I'm afraid - the logic behind inducing me was because it's only just been found "they just don't know" how well or not well I'm handling sugar and they just don't have enough information to let me carry on to term.

I'm not sure how I feel, obviously I want my baby as soon as possible but reading up on the possibility of a longer more painful labour doesn't appeal. However I would rather go through more pain than risk any problems with the baby when she's born. The other thing is the increased risk of a caeserean (which terrifies me) I think I'll see what the scan comes up with and see if they will offer me a sweep before 38 weeks on the off chance I'll go into labour naturally.

On the up side I'm actually enjoying this healthier diet and avoiding chocolate and sweets has been easier than I thought :)

I hope you are all good today!

Well my sister had a bad time in labour with her son but more recently one of my OHs ex's had a baby last yr i think and they had to deliver him by forceps but the MW pressed to hard and crush the babies head which left him brain damaged and blind in one eye so im just scared of that! x

:hugs: tas. I thought only doctors did forceps? :wacko: You request no forceps and if instruments are required to use ventouse instead which has much lower risks for mum and baby. Apart from when rotation is required I have heard of no reason to use forceps over ventouse. Have you discussed any of this with your mw?

Mummy, not at all with any intention of influencing you but if it were me I would be finding out all I could about the risks and monitoring techniques that might pick up risk factors. For me I would try and avoid an early induction. I don't know what the uk stats are but i was fairly horrified to learn that in the US 50% of inductions end up in section. I bet it's not as high here but even so... Remember it remains your decision whatever they want to do. I would be looking to weigh up those risks of an early induction against the gdd. Of course i'd go ahead with induction if I felt on reflection it was the safest option. It's hard being a mum eh?! But I'd rather feel I made my own choices. I know how it feels to look back and wish things had been different because choice was taken away from me.

tas a friend of mine had a baby last year and they had to use forceps and he is blind in one eye because of it :( I suppose every birth has it's risks though they do say it's the most dangerous journey a person will ever make..

I know what you mean Peanutbean and whatever I decide it will be my decision. I'm seeing the rude consultant on weds but then I had a midwife appointment for the afternoon anyway so I'll still go to that and tell her what I want as I know she will listen to me, whereas I know the consultant is going to shove an induction down my throat like she did yesterday.

Just looked up the figures at my hospital and a shocking 27.7% of births at the hospital were induced between 2009-2010 and 10.3% of births were emergency c sections. I don't know what the averages are but those seem quite high :(

10% section rate is really good! Though that's assuming there isn't a whole world of electives on top of that... The national average is 25-30% and WHO guidelines are that there is no reason for a rate above 15%. I know at my pct or hospital (forget which) the rate is nearer 30%. I don't know about induction rates. Should probably google for comparison. The induction figures might include augmentation as well, for example I had syntocinon with my first but not until after 30 ish hours of labour so that's a different ball game.

Wow so some of you will be having your babies before me :( I am sooo jealous, so sick of being so huge, but I guess I'd like to get over this cold first and be full term... Good luck with it all, can't wait to see posts of your babies photo's on this thread afterwards ! I have an itchy bump and my stretch marks are getting slightly worse each day (thought i'd dodged any nasty ones) =[

X

Mine's itchy too. I should moisturise more, it's very irritating!

I've sat here itching my bump all night lol!

The 10% was just for emergency c sections another 10% had planned c sections. The next closest hospital has only a 17% induction rate but a higher emergency c section rate at 15%. Actually out of my 5 closest hospitals mine has the highest induction rate but the lowest c section rate. I've tried searching for figures online but I keep getting results for employment figures!

A mixed bag then. I'd take the higher induction over the higher section rate. :lol:

I think my little man is dropping :D

https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/VenomRamejkis/8b181dc0-cb30-41e2-b960-dfa667970233.jpg

Today, 36+3 !!

xx

I will be telling my MW i dont want forceps!

And be careful with your itchy bumps as in my first pregnancy i thought it was because of the stretch marks then my inside of my legs got itchy (i thought it was because i was fat and they were rubbing lol) but the MWs decided since my BP was high and i had protein in my urine it was signs of pre-eclampsia,It took them 3 weeks to decided this so luckily me and my son was fine but i got induced at 40+5 days . So just be careful i found aqueous cream helped abit!

Im so hungry but i don't wanna over eat since i only have 3 weeks or less or probably more left!
My body is hurting well from the waist down,its like im constantly running a marathon and aching after that when really all i have done is go to the toilet or turned in bed or made myself a cup of tea! Right now i feel like i could be a sex education teacher and put teenagers off getting pregnant young lol. grumpy pregnant lady thats me

But i am all ready for Baby Caleb now and im so looking forward to him coming!

Full term in 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

I will be telling my MW i dont want forceps!

And be careful with your itchy bumps as in my first pregnancy i thought it was because of the stretch marks then my inside of my legs got itchy (i thought it was because i was fat and they were rubbing lol) but the MWs decided since my BP was high and i had protein in my urine it was signs of pre-eclampsia,It took them 3 weeks to decided this so luckily me and my son was fine but i got induced at 40+5 days . So just be careful i found aqueous cream helped abit!

Ok I know I'm a little paranoid and a bit of a hypochondriac normally but as well as my itchy belly I've got an itchy back and occasionaly itchy arms and legs. I've been scratching the back of my hands like mad but I've had dry skin there for ages. It's not major constant itching but I'm not sure whether to mention it. I did have trace protein in my last sample but she sent that off 2 weeks ago and hasn't said there is a problem. BP is normal as of Friday and has been normal all the way through. I just hate feeling like I've looked it up on google and think I've got it...! :blush:

EDIT: I'm thinking of OC not pre-eclampsia

I am grumpy pregnant lady too. Kind of happened overnight and now I can't sleep at night and my sciatica is bad again and my hips and pelvis hurt so I'm constantly shuffling from side to side. Sigh. Not long...

really bad cramps yesterday, dont think it meant anything though, just that i was hurting lol. think it was from going over country roads in the car lol

a girl i know had pre-eclampsia and found out she lost her baby at 30 weeks last week :( so sad for her. its made my OH a lot more loving to my bump i think

Mummy definitely mention it,there's no harm in telling your MW about the itching.

I hate being a grumpy pregnant lady but i feel like stabbing people in the eye when they ask how long left and go 'oh right' like they thought i would gonna say im due today!!! Pelvis.....actually my whole body not helping all ive done today is put 5 items out on the washing line and im hurting! Will be worth it just want it to hurry now so i can cuddle him xxx

Got my hospital appointments today. Scan, then diabetes team, then consultant, then diabetes nurse (apparently they have decided to give me one of them finger prick things afterall) Seems a bit of a waste when they want to induce me in a weeks time anyway.

All the appointments are between 11 and 2 so I'll be there for hours. I'm assuming it will be the normal 37 week appointment too seems as my midiwfe has now cancelled the appointment I had with her at 3pm.

How is everyone feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->