TEAM Baby 2013! Let's start a 2013 group!

can anybody tell me why an OPK is lighter with FMU, but darker at the end of the day? I don't get why it keeps happening.

can anybody tell me why an OPK is lighter with FMU, but darker at the end of the day? I don't get why it keeps happening.

I´m thinking you didn´t surge yet when you tested with the FMU, but started surging sometime after that.

I´m thinking you didn´t surge yet when you tested with the FMU, but started surging sometime after that.

can that happen every day? i've been doing OPKs since cd 12 (4/19) and its been happening every time i test for the last week.

can that happen every day? i've been doing OPKs since cd 12 (4/19) and its been happening every time i test for the last week.

Usually when women test with OPK´s, it ranges from the ones who always get a stark white line, to the ones who always get a line, no matter when they test.
It´s more likely you´ll get a line with FMU, since the urine is strongest then.
I always get a line these days. Just not a positive line, it´s always fainter than the control line.

If by darker, you mean darker than the control line, then no, it shouldn´t happen every day...
it´s only supposed to go darker than the control line once in your cycle, and that usually only lasts for a few hours (I think 12?).
But you can get a line that´s lighter than the control line whenever.

Wooo Hooo Ladies!

I'm CD10 today! I'll start OPKing in the next 3 days, but I don't expect to ovulate until CD17-18. Now I just need to get DH to cooperate with the BD schedule on top of our home closing and improvements that are happening this next week!

It's gonna be a busy two weeks for us! Hopefully that will help with the 2ww this cycle!

FX for a good, sticky bean month!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

that's what i should do - find a project or something that'll keep me mega busy during that tww!! last month it was learning all i could online about everything......what to do this month!! :dust:

my paperwork says im anovualtory.... doesn't that mean not ovulating?[/QUOTE]

as far as i know this means ovulating every other month? not 100% sure, try a google search - bound to be lots of info out there on other forums too :) x

RainAngel I would try to make it so he thinks it is his idea. Like say, I am not really sure I am ovulating.. Is there anyway to check to see that I am? Like some sort of blood test or anything? It may work! Fingers crossed for you to O.

my paperwork says im anovualtory.... doesn't that mean not ovulating?

anovulatory means that you're not ovulating on your own :/

RainAngel I would try to make it so he thinks it is his idea. Like say, I am not really sure I am ovulating.. Is there anyway to check to see that I am? Like some sort of blood test or anything? It may work! Fingers crossed for you to O.

anovulatory means that you're not ovulating on your own :/

that's what I thought. They started me on metformin and im on a thyroid med, and while i usually get + opks, i don't think im actually ovulating. I get a + opk 12 days before AF. I dont think my LP is long enough, either.

as far as i know this means ovulating every other month? not 100% sure, try a google search - bound to be lots of info out there on other forums too :) x[/QUOTE]

ive been told to stay far away from googling any TTC things. It always ends in a disaster (ie, i was convinced i had cervical cancer!)

Usually when women test with OPK´s, it ranges from the ones who always get a stark white line, to the ones who always get a line, no matter when they test.
I always get a line these days. Just not a positive line, it´s always fainter than the control line.

If by darker, you mean darker than the control line, then no, it shouldn´t happen every day...
it´s only supposed to go darker than the control line once in your cycle, and that usually only lasts for a few hours (I think 12?).

i have progression from almost stark white to almost positive, then back to stark white, then back to almost positive, then the line in the morning is almost not there, yet the one in the evening is much closer to positive, but isnt quite there. my strongest line comes in the evening. im quite confused on this all.

i have progression from almost stark white to almost positive, then back to stark white, then back to almost positive, then the line in the morning is almost not there, yet the one in the evening is much closer to positive, but isnt quite there. my strongest line comes in the evening. im quite confused on this all.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that unlike HCG, LH (which is what OPKs detect) builds up during the day and is usually strongest nearer the end of the day so if that's right then it shouldn't be a problem that that's what is happening with yours.

Hi guys!

Do you mind if I join in?

I think we'll actively start trying in June as I've just had surgery to remove an ovary and the doc said to wait around 3 months to TTC. My cycle seems to be all over the place anyway due to coming or BCP and surgery so im going to start charting this cycle to see where i'm at!

Fingers crossed that we all get out 2013 babys xx

Hi, Please can I join. I'm hoping for a February baby we haven't tried this month after miscarriage.

Lets hope we get lots of sticky :dust:

Yep, gotta agree with you there.
This is also my first month of OPK´s.
First brand I used always came up stark white, or invalid.
The brand I use now, always has a line, just medium dark, or light depending on when I test. Seems to be lighter in the first check, and darker in the second check, but still no positive line for me.
Doesn´t mean much though, might have missed testing for the surge when I was using the other brand, that didn´t seem to work so well.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that unlike HCG, LH (which is what OPKs detect) builds up during the day and is usually strongest nearer the end of the day so if that's right then it shouldn't be a problem that that's what is happening with yours.

Stefanie is right. You are supposed to test after 12pm. Not use FMU. Also, make sure you are holding your pee for 4 hours and you aren't drinking too much during those 4 hours as it can dilute it.

That's why I suck at those test. I drink at least a gallon of water a day. My pee is always diluted.

oh! thanks! i hadn't heard that. That may explain totally whats going on with mine

Yep, gotta agree with you there.
This is also my first month of OPK´s.
First brand I used always came up stark white, or invalid.
The brand I use now, always has a line, just medium dark, or light depending on when I test. Seems to be lighter in the first check, and darker in the second check, but still no positive line for me.
Doesn´t mean much though, might have missed testing for the surge when I was using the other brand, that didn´t seem to work so well.

this is my 3rd. the first 2 months were so easy to read. i started OPKing earlier than i had before. I used one of those calculator things, and it said my fertile period was from the 23-28th. i had nothing on those days.

i had to change before, too. i used them, but they just kept coming up white. but then again, i may not have had a surge

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->