TEAM Baby 2013! Let's start a 2013 group!

Ok.. So even though we are all desperately trying what is one thing you will miss once you are pregnant?

Oddly enough for me it will be working out like I do now. I am so nervous of losing all of my stamina and strength that I have achieved over the past couple years.

i actually stopped going to the gym when we decided to TTC - I read somewhere that exercising can prevent you getting pregnant. i know it sounds daft but tbh if someone told me to eat a carrot a day to get pregnant i probably would!

i will be really proud of my baby bump - but i have just lost 2 stone, and am a size 10 (uk) for the first time in my life, so I will miss fitting into my skinny jeans! small price to pay!

Ok.. So even though we are all desperately trying what is one thing you will miss once you are pregnant?

Oddly enough for me it will be working out like I do now. I am so nervous of losing all of my stamina and strength that I have achieved over the past couple years.

i actually stopped going to the gym when we decided to TTC - I read somewhere that exercising can prevent you getting pregnant. i know it sounds daft but tbh if someone told me to eat a carrot a day to get pregnant i probably would!

i will be really proud of my baby bump - but i have just lost 2 stone, and am a size 10 (uk) for the first time in my life, so I will miss fitting into my skinny jeans! small price to pay!

You can still work out when your pregnant. You just can't overdo it with exercising... its actually encouraged to continue to stay fit while you are prego it can help prevent complications within your 3rd trimester like bp problems or gestational diabetes. I am def. gonna keep working out as long as my doc. says it is safe for me and the baby :)

Mrs. Undy - I have just started charting although it can be quite confusing! Also checking cp but not cm. I suppose it just takes practise huh? :)

Question- how did you pick your Username and what does it mean?

I was living in Okinawa Japan when I joined the forum, and I was very much stuck there so my nickname just came naturally. Stuck In Oki :haha:

My husband lived in Japan for a year during college. Not sure exactly where though. He went to a well known good college over there. Any ideas?

Mrs. Undy - I have just started charting although it can be quite confusing! Also checking cp but not cm. I suppose it just takes practise huh? :)

It does.. And the more you learn your body the better you will know. Pretty soon you will know exactly when you are ovulating with out the need of opks. I still use them though because I am a poasa. Lol

Mine just relates to the fact that I´m a pilot trying to get pregnant.
That´s why I have such a short timeframe to get pregnant in the first place.

My husband is also a pilot.
What kind of plane do you fly?

Currently I fly Boeing 757-200/300. I have a license to fly the 767 too, but haven´t yet.

So I am a nervous flyer... Any advice? :)

Can I join? I have been on this site for a couple months but the couple threads I have liked have kind of fizzled out.....I am trying for a 2013 baby and kind of wish I could get a little group on this site to keep in touch with! I have had very irregular cycles, including a 59 day cycle last time and and now am on day 34 of this cycle. Had my first doctor's appt yesterday to get set up with an OBGYN and I really liked her! She was super positive and encouraging. We have only been TTC since January, but she is going to have me do an ultrasound tomorrow just to take a look at my uterus and ovaries, and I have some labs to do when I am on the 3rd day of my cycle. For now I am taking Fertilaid to see if that helps, haven't quite been on that for a month yet. If I don't get AF within the next couple weeks she wants to give me something to induce it. Hope I can get it on my own!

Can I join? I have been on this site for a couple months but the couple threads I have liked have kind of fizzled out.....I am trying for a 2013 baby and kind of wish I could get a little group on this site to keep in touch with! I have had very irregular cycles, including a 59 day cycle last time and and now am on day 34 of this cycle. Had my first doctor's appt yesterday to get set up with an OBGYN and I really liked her! She was super positive and encouraging. We have only been TTC since January, but she is going to have me do an ultrasound tomorrow just to take a look at my uterus and ovaries, and I have some labs to do when I am on the 3rd day of my cycle. For now I am taking Fertilaid to see if that helps, haven't quite been on that for a month yet. If I don't get AF within the next couple weeks she wants to give me something to induce it. Hope I can get it on my own!

Sure thing Penelope! I was in a similar situation with cycles although not quite as long. My longest was 48 days. I went to my OBGYN who did bloodwork and had dh go for a SA. He prescribed me clomid to try to get me to ovulate sooner and stronger. This is my first cycle of it and I think I am just about to ovulate. I go for a day 21 check. If I don't get a BFP I will be having some other tests done next cycle.

Hopefully we can all stay in touch!

Hi Peneloope :D good luck in your journey

I'd love to go to Japan its been on my list of countries to travel to for years I love anime and am such a gaming freak so going over there and seeing all the tech and gadgets would be awesome.

I dint mind flying I just hate the ear ache :(

Ooops sorry didnt see this thread when i started mine. :dohh:

Can i join this one please?

I'm a lawyer, and lawyers often put esq. (esquire) at the ends of their names. And lady is just because I'm a lady. :) So lady + esq = ladyesq.

You can still work out when your pregnant. You just can't overdo it with exercising... its actually encouraged to continue to stay fit while you are prego it can help prevent complications within your 3rd trimester like bp problems or gestational diabetes. I am def. gonna keep working out as long as my doc. says it is safe for me and the baby :)

So, what would you consider is overdoing it? I just started working out. I didn't do it for a long time, even though I wanted to get in shape, because I was worried it would interfere with ttc. But I finally decided I can't wait forever to get in shape, and I really feel it will help me to have a healthier pregnancy and be better when I have to be chasing around a little kid someday! I didn't really need to lose any weight, maybe a few pounds, but it was really more about improving stamina/endurance and gaining strength and flexibility.

So, I know you're not supposed to overdo it, but I figured that just meant not to train for a marathon or something. So what do you all think--how much is too much?

So, what would you consider is overdoing it? I just started working out. I didn't do it for a long time, even though I wanted to get in shape, because I was worried it would interfere with ttc. But I finally decided I can't wait forever to get in shape, and I really feel it will help me to have a healthier pregnancy and be better when I have to be chasing around a little kid someday! I didn't really need to lose any weight, maybe a few pounds, but it was really more about improving stamina/endurance and gaining strength and flexibility.

So, I know you're not supposed to overdo it, but I figured that just meant not to train for a marathon or something. So what do you all think--how much is too much?

I limit to low impact. I've been doing some dance aerobics at home with my Xbox Kinect. It's hard to go to a gym and not push yourself hard when there.

I have been doing all sort of workouts, including p90x and running. But I have been doing them for awhile so I am not too concerned. I asked my OBGYN about it and he said he thought it was fine. I would think light aerobics and weight training would be fine.

Mine just relates to the fact that I´m a pilot trying to get pregnant.
That´s why I have such a short timeframe to get pregnant in the first place.

My husband is also a pilot.
What kind of plane do you fly?

Currently I fly Boeing 757-200/300. I have a license to fly the 767 too, but haven´t yet.

So I am a nervous flyer... Any advice? :)

Hmm. Well, nervous flyers usually know more about aviation than any other ppl I know. My fiancee is actually terrified of heights and flying, but after flying with me a couple of times, he´s not really afraid anymore :)
What seems to have worked for him is flying with someone who can´t stop talking :)
I just babble on and on and on... maybe you could find someone like that?
But seriously, if you have any questions about aviation, just ask :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->