Team Curvy Bumps - 135 members 35 bfps

So as i've been feeling a little worried and stressed about these tests etc i decided to take to learning how to crochet.... Ive been trying to learn to run before i walk as there is so many neat things to learn so here are a few of my new creations, im a very colourful person so im sorry if you dont like the colours, im experimenting at the moment :)

[URL=https://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/r497/magic_angel1984/?action=view&current=013.jpg][IMG]https://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r497/magic_angel1984/th_013.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Wow Magic they are amazing well done you and a sure fire way to keep ur mind occupied I'm sure, I'm glad ur finally getting somewhere with all ur health issues
I know it's not ideal all the prodding and poking but it will be worth it to be fixed so that you can give 110% to TTC xxxxx :hugs:Babe xxxxx

So as i've been feeling a little worried and stressed about these tests etc i decided to take to learning how to crochet.... Ive been trying to learn to run before i walk as there is so many neat things to learn so here are a few of my new creations, im a very colourful person so im sorry if you dont like the colours, im experimenting at the moment :)

[URL=https://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/r497/magic_angel1984/?action=view&current=013.jpg][IMG]https://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r497/magic_angel1984/th_013.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Wow Magic they are amazing well done you and a sure fire way to keep ur mind occupied I'm sure, I'm glad ur finally getting somewhere with all ur health issues
I know it's not ideal all the prodding and poking but it will be worth it to be fixed so that you can give 110% to TTC xxxxx :hugs:Babe xxxxx

Thanks hun yeh its keeping my mind busy which is good :) only took 14 hours spaced over 2-3 days to do it so im going to start on another one :)
Yeh all the tests that im getting done now are tests that i should have really got them done about 5-8 years ago but never had the guts so im just getting them out the way and so far so good, just going to build up my wool collection and keep creating things :) If it wasnt for jo talking me into it i would have probably put off learning for another few years but her Lovely Owl hats made me want to learn :)
Hows things with you hun? You seem to be a little down lately, i hope things are going ok and your feeling better hun? missed not seeing you around here, its not team curvy bumps without ya hun xx :hugs: xx

Congrats Petesgirl sounds like you are having a great month :hugs:

Magic that hat is great I think everyone you know will be getting you to make owl hats from now on :thumbup:

Only a little work on the garden today as I had an opticians appointment (trying to get some before and after garden photos together as we speak). Optician has said I am long sighted and need glasses for lap top and reading etc. Chose some black ones that were cheap and didn't look like old lady glasses and I have to pick them up next Saturday.

Finally managed to get a prelightener for my hair but I am nervous about using it. I am supposed to O today and I heard that you should be careful about using hair dyes if you are preggers. I know I am not pregnant at the moment but could it stay in my system if I were lucky enough to get a bfp this month?

Felt like a right fool today. I bought a big polka dot clip in bow for fun and tried it on then went to superdrug not realising I still had this bow clipped in my hair :dohh: hubby thought it was funny :growlmad:

Hope everyone is doing well :flower:

Congrats Petesgirl sounds like you are having a great month :hugs:

Magic that hat is great I think everyone you know will be getting you to make owl hats from now on :thumbup:

Only a little work on the garden today as I had an opticians appointment (trying to get some before and after garden photos together as we speak). Optician has said I am long sighted and need glasses for lap top and reading etc. Chose some black ones that were cheap and didn't look like old lady glasses and I have to pick them up next Saturday.

Finally managed to get a prelightener for my hair but I am nervous about using it. I am supposed to O today and I heard that you should be careful about using hair dyes if you are preggers. I know I am not pregnant at the moment but could it stay in my system if I were lucky enough to get a bfp this month?

Felt like a right fool today. I bought a big polka dot clip in bow for fun and tried it on then went to superdrug not realising I still had this bow clipped in my hair :dohh: hubby thought it was funny :growlmad:

Hope everyone is doing well :flower:

LMFAO bunny you really know how to put a smile on my face :haha: the way you word things is pure genius lol i have that image of you walking around with a big bow on you head all innocent and unaware stuck in my head now and i cant stop chuckling lol thank you :) i needed that giggle today lol :hugs: xx

So I know I haven't been trying long but when you've wanted kids since you were a kid and you've been with the same person for 11 years it feels like FOREVER. We've always been careful - me on the pill and condoms both because my OH was so scared of having a surprise... Then there's my younger sister. She has one child and told me just today she's been pregnant 8 times (which I knew but she didn't know I knew..) and she gave me a onesie that says I love my Auntie.. At first I honestly thought she was giving it to me because she knows we've been trying since February. Then she told me she's just over 3 months and the baby is due on my 30th birthday. It felt like someone kicked me in the stomach. I was ok and held my composure and asked all the right questions, how far along? how are you doing, etc? but I was/am freaking out on the inside. i don't know what to feel. She lives with my parents her new boyfriend and her 5 child. She doesn't have a job and neither does he. She has been pregnant 8 times!?!?!???? How do you do that? Then she says someone should do a study on her because its so easy for her to get pregnant.. I don't have any words.

So I know I haven't been trying long but when you've wanted kids since you were a kid and you've been with the same person for 11 years it feels like FOREVER. We've always been careful - me on the pill and condoms both because my OH was so scared of having a surprise... Then there's my younger sister. She has one child and told me just today she's been pregnant 8 times (which I knew but she didn't know I knew..) and she gave me a onesie that says I love my Auntie.. At first I honestly thought she was giving it to me because she knows we've been trying since February. Then she told me she's just over 3 months and the baby is due on my 30th birthday. It felt like someone kicked me in the stomach. I was ok and held my composure and asked all the right questions, how far along? how are you doing, etc? but I was/am freaking out on the inside. i don't know what to feel. She lives with my parents her new boyfriend and her 5 child. She doesn't have a job and neither does he. She has been pregnant 8 times!?!?!???? How do you do that? Then she says someone should do a study on her because its so easy for her to get pregnant.. I don't have any words.

:hugs: hun

I know it's so hard, i really feel for you xxx

Can I join.... I am trying to lose weight as well as TTC I dont know if this is a good or bad thing but I have PCOS so have been advised to lose some more..

I lost 4 stones in the last year and still have that again to lose..... but I dont want to be a minnie.. My hubby dont want me to be either

hello all xxxx

Im back, finally living in the new house and went a few days withoit internet and just got myself all caught up and wow I missed a lot!

Petesgirl what a fantastic week you are haiving!! Congrats a thousand times!

Magic those hats are soo adorable! Ive takin up trying to knit, once I get that figured out I think I might try crochet looks like you can make much cuter things that way! Im working on a boring scarf right now lol. Also glad to hear your testing is going well!!

BBBunny I must admit I giggled about the bow too, sorry heheh

As for me I am so busy with packing and unpacking and trying to figure out where to put everything that my mind is so far away from being obsessive :) I know im somewhere in my in the 2nd week of my 2 week wait. I almost caved and went to buy a test today only because I think it would be amazing to get a positive on mothers day. But I dont think I will. It could still be too early. Also still trying to figure out whats wrong with me. I have this fear that this will end up being my month even though I didnt really try much this cycle, but my fear is ill get my positive and then find out I need to have surgery or somthing. I had a ultra sound done on thursday and I know she found somthing because she took over 100 pictures, my Dr also asked her to do a pelvic ultra sound while I was in there to make sure everything looks like it should. I was told to give a week before I hear any results. I rather know whats wrong sooner then later :( My doctor is also sending me for my 3rd round of blood work tomorrow in 3 weeks. I just wanna be healthy so I can get my darn positive already!

Im back, finally living in the new house and went a few days withoit internet and just got myself all caught up and wow I missed a lot!

Magic those hats are soo adorable! Ive takin up trying to knit, once I get that figured out I think I might try crochet looks like you can make much cuter things that way! Im working on a boring scarf right now lol. Also glad to hear your testing is going well!!

As for me I am so busy with packing and unpacking and trying to figure out where to put everything that my mind is so far away from being obsessive :) I know im somewhere in my in the 2nd week of my 2 week wait. I almost caved and went to buy a test today only because I think it would be amazing to get a positive on mothers day. But I dont think I will. It could still be too early. Also still trying to figure out whats wrong with me. I have this fear that this will end up being my month even though I didnt really try much this cycle, but my fear is ill get my positive and then find out I need to have surgery or somthing. I had a ultra sound done on thursday and I know she found somthing because she took over 100 pictures, my Dr also asked her to do a pelvic ultra sound while I was in there to make sure everything looks like it should. I was told to give a week before I hear any results. I rather know whats wrong sooner then later :( My doctor is also sending me for my 3rd round of blood work tomorrow in 3 weeks. I just wanna be healthy so I can get my darn positive already!

STOOOOOOOOOOOP and step away from the knitting needles and got get a crochet hook hun, seriously, Ive WASTED a lot of hours, wool and sleep knitting hun and i just wish someone told me to drop the knitting and learn to crochet, its so easy hun, i felt overwelmed at the thought of learning that i put it off until the fabulous JO-BEAN talked me into it and now i just kick myself that i didnt start sooner hun, in under a week ive done an owl beany hat, wrist warmer, 5 butterflies, 3 roses, 5 flowers and 6 square patches hun, when i was knitting i tried learning with a scarf first and i didnt know how to cast off so i ended up with the worlds biggest scarf...... it was sooooooo boring compared to crochet hun, save your wool and your time and sanity and learn crochet first hun, you wont regret it, plenty of videos on youtube to learn different things xx

My mate knits adults cardis and jumpers and she tried to show me once and I mess up over and over again.... I gave up :(

I love those hats I had a big gray and white strippy one for taking the dogs a walk and it magically dissapeared strange the hubby didnt like it :0 I love the eyes I want one

xx

STOOOOOOOOOOOP and step away from the knitting needles and got get a crochet hook hun, seriously, Ive WASTED a lot of hours, wool and sleep knitting hun and i just wish someone told me to drop the knitting and learn to crochet, its so easy hun, i felt overwelmed at the thought of learning that i put it off until the fabulous JO-BEAN talked me into it and now i just kick myself that i didnt start sooner hun, in under a week ive done an owl beany hat, wrist warmer, 5 butterflies, 3 roses, 5 flowers and 6 square patches hun, when i was knitting i tried learning with a scarf first and i didnt know how to cast off so i ended up with the worlds biggest scarf...... it was sooooooo boring compared to crochet hun, save your wool and your time and sanity and learn crochet first hun, you wont regret it, plenty of videos on youtube to learn different things xx

I googled it and am going to try it! Crochet for beginners! Never done anything like it so we'll see but i'm excited to try!!

I googled it and am going to try it! Crochet for beginners! Never done anything like it so we'll see but i'm excited to try!!

Yay :happydance: Trust me its so easy hun, remember to pause and rewind if you need to, it took me an hour to watch a five minute video but now im on my second attempt at a beany hat which i did for an hour last night and im just finishing it now, and i didnt need to look at the video once hun, its acutally from memory :) if you want to do a bean i would suggest you type in crochet pandas and click that video if you skim past to a few minutes, a tab should pop up in the top right hand side of video and click that, its a tutorial of her beany and its the first time ive done a perfect attempt at a beany just by following her, ive been struggling to make the begining circle tight enough for it to be flat and not curl up like a crisp, but following her, its perfect :) good luck and let me know how you get on huni :) im going to be making baby cowboy boots in a minute :o)) :happydance:

Omg! Look at all the crochet converts! *very proud*

I don't know if today is Mother's Day anywhere else in the world but it is here in the US. Really thought I'd be celebrating this one on a more personal note. Looks like that won't be happening. DH is so not catching on either. Oh well. Whatever. Maybe I'll be pregnant/have a babe in arm this time next year.

I hope ya'll are having a better day than me.

PS: CD72. Still no O.

PPS: Happy Mother's Day to those of ya'll who have little ones at home. I really do hope you have a beautiful day. :flower: Definitely not trying to rain on anyone's parade.

So I went in the bedroom to tell my husband I'm going to learn how to crochet and he said its nice I'm going to learn to be a lady :dohh:

readytogo..... haha does he need a pipe and slippers to become a real gentleman

I used to crochet but haven't for years. Maybe I'll give it a go again.

I haven't been about as been feeling a but down. Just family going on and on about how it'd be nice if we had kids blah blah. They don't know we're trying but just wish everyone would stop asking about it. Since we've been married it's all anyone asks about.

I totally taught myself how to crochet and knit in high school...I just googled it lol and then had to re-teach myself since I'm left handed lol :blush:
OH's nephews are always asking for crazy colored scarfs for winter lol

Hi laides, it's me again. Remember me? I suck at keeping up nowadays.

Petesgirl, mega congratulations are in order! Twins? That is so awesome. Hoping you have a happy and healthy nine months for sure!

Magic, I love your owl hat. It's so adorable :D I don't think I really have the patience to crochet, but I might give it a try one of these days. Hubby is keeping me busy with other projects at the moment.

Nexis, so sorry to hear you've been down. I've definitely been there. Especially with the family asking when we're going to have a baby. My sister has had 2 now and the wait is killing me. My mom tells me to just stop thinking about it and my sis says oh I hope nothing is wrong. Neither one is helpful in that respect as neither of them had any trouble conceiving. Hopefully you find something to pick your mood up soon.

Pinksprinkles, I know what you mean about mother's day. It's hard to celebrate it for other women when I really wish I had my own little one right now. Hopefully all of us curvy ladies will have our own bundles by next mother's day and can celebrate for ourselves!

Bbbunny, I think you should be ok with the hairlighener. The big problem with using certain things while pregnant is that you and baby and sharing a blood supply so anything you take in goes to them, but sine you are not preggers currently you should be fine. Plus I think it takes a few weeks after you are pregnant for you to start sharing anything with the baby anyways. I think you'll be ok.

Readytogo, :hugs: I know what you mean about sis getting pregnant easy. Definitely the situation I am in now. It will be our turn one day.

Magan, How exciting being in the new house already. I can't wait til hubby and I are ready to buy our own. And great job on not being so obsessive. It's hard, but I guess the new house makes it easy to do that. Hope everything goes ok for you with all the testing being done. I am in the same boat right now, waiting for results.

I only went back a couple pages, I always feel bad when I can't reply to everything :(
As for me, I still waiting to O. It's CD22 for me today so I should ovulate really soon, but so far I've had nothing but blatantly negative OPKs. I had wateryish cm for a few days. but it went back to creamy. Make up your mind body, lol. I had my first OBGYN appointment on Friday and got poked and prodded and had blood taken. Dignity? What dignity? I've gotten a few test results back already (my tests are uploaded to my insurances web site and I can view them as they are submitted) and so far the only thing out of normal range is my prolactin is slightly higher than what is ok. I've done some reading and slightly elevated prolactin levels can be connected to PCOS. Some of my tests will take a few weeks to come back though. Of course she mentioned my weight, but I told her I was working on losing and that was all that was said about that. Trying to be positive, but it's hard this month. Luckily my hubby is trying to get us into a new hobby that is keeping my mind of of things somewhat. Has anyone ever heard of the SCA? Basically they are a group that recreates the middle ages as they should have been (no diseases, famine, or anything like that and everyone is considered to be of noble birth). They have all sorts of crafts like leatherworking, needle working, black smithing, dance, music, and more. They also have a combat side and my hubby wants to get involved in that. We've been doing research on how to create a suit of armor for him cheaply so he can get involved in it soon. This weekend we're going to be building him armor out of a 55 gallon blue plastic barrel. It'll be covered by a tunic that will help make it look more period which we will also be making. Today we made him a sword made from rattan (think bamboo, but solid). It's pretty fun for anyone interested in that sort of thing. We always enjoy going to medieval faires (in costume) so this is just the next step I guess. Well, I've written a novel again, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->