Team Curvy Bumps - 135 members 35 bfps

Oh hun, i'm sorry to hear that but at least you have an answer now, even if its not the one you wanted. You're just one step closer to your bfp xx :hugs:

Thanks Stef :) I really want to think so :)

Good luck on your appt! :)
:hug:

Hello Team Curvy Bumps!!! :hugs:

Just a quick hello :hi: as we are orft to the allotment even though it's raining. Really don't think this soy likes me, I'm on CD8 and the last two days of taking it this cycle, so the dosage it upped to 1,600mg and I am getting so achy in my lower abdomen (not ovulation type pain, just achy)...

Hope all are well, good luck and :dust: to everyone in TCB!!! :flower:

Wow how come you take so much?

:hi: :hugs:

I researched a lot about Soy Isoflavones before trying them, I have actually had them in my cupboard since October last year and I read that to get the same effect as clomid, you need a high dosage. I have tried clomid once before even though I shouldn't have and going by that I thought 1,200mg would be a good dosage for me with it upped to 1,600mg the last two days of taking it as I read that increases the chance of ovulation as well.

Seems to be working, experiencing a fertile reading on my saliva microscope which doesn't usually happen until much later on if at all, and very wet (not quite EW) CM, which is unusual for me, usually it's always dry and then a little wet, going back to dry. Also feeling a little bloaty and achy in my lower abdomen which doesn't usually happen. Only other time that happened was with the clomid and then the cramps in the ovaries started a few days later which I believe was ovulation pain, so got my fingies crossed :haha:

I hope the doc will listen to you and do the bloods, I wouldn't leave until you get that, even if it is an evap, you need to know for sure! Good luck, babe! :flower:

Lika, sorry to read this hun but at least you know now and you have something that they can help you with. It's horrible, I know but it's not hopeless so don't you give up. :winkwink:

:dust: to us all!

i thought you could only take a max of 200mg is that not right?

So i am now back from my appointment. I saw a doctor i had never seen before and am NEVER going to see again. He was a complete a*****e! First of all when he called me in to his room, he didn't even hold the door open for me, he just let it swing shut in my face. So it started off badly. I had to really stand my ground about the blood test because he just kept saying how the hpt's are really accurate so if its negative then i'm not pregnant (which i know from this forum alone that this is not always the case). He then told me to go pee in a pot so i assumed it was for a preg test but turned out to be for infections and it turns out i have a UTI (well he said i have an infection, but wasn't very specific) and i am now on antibiotics.
He then went quiet for a few minutes while tapping away on his computer trying to get the form so i could go get my blood test done and then said 'well we might as well test other hormones as thats more likely what is wrong' but in a way that made it seem like i was putting him out. So i then took myself up to the local hospital to get the blood taken and i will be calling the surgery on Monday to get the result.
So overall i got what i wanted but the whole time he just acted like he really couldn't be bothered and i was just being an inconvenience. I think one of the only reasons he agreed to the blood test was because i kept saying it and then i said my 'sister' had negative hpts then got a positive blood test. OK so it wasn't my sister but i've read it happened to a few ladies on this forum but he didn't need to know that.
I think they are going to use the blood to test for HCG, FSH, LH, oestrogen, progesterone, thyroid, vit b12 and a couple of others. So at least i hopefully i got all those tests out of the way at once. phew sorry for the essay lol!

i thought you could only take a max of 200mg is that not right?

So i am now back from my appointment. I saw a doctor i had never seen before and am NEVER going to see again. He was a complete a*****e! First of all when he called me in to his room, he didn't even hold the door open for me, he just let it swing shut in my face. So it started off badly. I had to really stand my ground about the blood test because he just kept saying how the hpt's are really accurate so if its negative then i'm not pregnant (which i know from this forum alone that this is not always the case). He then told me to go pee in a pot so i assumed it was for a preg test but turned out to be for infections and it turns out i have a UTI (well he said i have an infection, but wasn't very specific) and i am now on antibiotics.
He then went quiet for a few minutes while tapping away on his computer trying to get the form so i could go get my blood test done and then said 'well we might as well test other hormones as thats more likely what is wrong' but in a way that made it seem like i was putting him out. So i then took myself up to the local hospital to get the blood taken and i will be calling the surgery on Monday to get the result.
So overall i got what i wanted but the whole time he just acted like he really couldn't be bothered and i was just being an inconvenience. I think one of the only reasons he agreed to the blood test was because i kept saying it and then i said my 'sister' had negative hpts then got a positive blood test. OK so it wasn't my sister but i've read it happened to a few ladies on this forum but he didn't need to know that.
I think they are going to use the blood to test for HCG, FSH, LH, oestrogen, progesterone, thyroid, vit b12 and a couple of others. So at least i hopefully i got all those tests out of the way at once. phew sorry for the essay lol!

:hi: again :)

Glad you got the tests, sounds like a crapola doctor tbh! I hate ones like that but at least you got the bloods :thumbup:

I've read about people taking up to 2000mg (not sure where, was a forum but was a while ago - maybe babygaga?) but I didn't want to start at the highest dose right away.

Isn't it Clomid that has a max dose of 200mg?

Glad you got the tests, sounds like a crapola doctor tbh! I hate ones like that but at least you got the bloods :thumbup:

I've read about people taking up to 2000mg (not sure where, was a forum but was a while ago - maybe babygaga?) but I didn't want to start at the highest dose right away.

:hi:
Oh maybe, i honestly don't know enough about it lol.

Yeah it was the first time i didn't specify a female doctor because i forgot so i am definitely going to specify if i need to go in to get my results.

Hey Stef :) Yay for getting what you wanted, blood work wise :) Ugh! On the rude doctor and uti. I had one a while ago and it sucked! Well I'm bracing myself for a "low glycemic" diet, since my doc said that a diet high in sugar will make the side effects of met worse. Problem is, I'm a sugar addict so I might be a grumpy butt for a while, until my body adjust to the met and low sugar diet blah! On a brighter side, now I know what up with me and I have my fxd I get my :bfp: soon :D I'm ordering the fertility monitor today do hopefully by the time AF shows up, it will be here :) TTC just got a whole lot more serious now lol

:dust: to us all :)

I'm late with a :bfn: I don't get it but its obviously not happening for me this month so whenever the ugly :witch: shows I hope its today because as it stands its gonna ruin my beach weekend if she shows today or before the 9th... :growlmad:

I'm late with a :bfn: I don't get it but its obviously not happening for me this month so whenever the ugly :witch: shows I hope its today because as it stands its gonna ruin my beach weekend if she shows today or before the 9th... :growlmad:

Oh no :( hope she shows up today!!!

Yeah it was the first time i didn't specify a female doctor because i forgot so i am definitely going to specify if i need to go in to get my results.

Oic, well hopefully you'll get a better doctor in the future then :thumbup:

Lika, fertility monitors are unreliable with PCOS, I know, we bought one before we found out I had it and it's never read me as ovulating, not once. Good luck.

Good luck USAF :flower:

Lika, fertility monitors are unreliable with PCOS, I know, we bought one before we found out I had it and it's never read me as ovulating, not once. Good luck.

Yikes! So whats the best way to test for ovulation? :s im so vey new to this whole pcos thing ugh!

Yikes! So whats the best way to test for ovulation? :s im so vey new to this whole pcos thing ugh!

As far as I know, no one knows of a reliable way to predict ovulation with PCOS at home... the most accurate I have found is the saliva microscope (I got mine on eBay). in stream tests and the monitor never worked for me, even before I had my M/C which meant I would have had to have ovulated that time lol

charting basal body temperature and CM would be good too... I tend to rely more on the CM as my BBT is usually around 37.1 Celsius anyway which is meant to be a possible pregnancy symptom (if only!)

Everyone's different, the monitor MAY work for you but I have read more instances of it giving flase results with PCOS than anything else - can't hurt to try though if you've already ordered it :) I kept using mine until I ran out of the clearblue sticks for it, now it's in the cupboard draw gathering dust.

Bummer :/
So I guess I should read more into bbt and cm. lots of reading to be done today :)

i've just had the best news... my sister is pregnant! I'm so happy for her! Apparently she found out last week but she has been putting off telling me until i'd had my blood tests so she didn't upset me bless her. But i am genuinely so happy for her because i love my niece and can't wait for another niece/nephew!

Bummer :/
So I guess I should read more into bbt and cm. lots of reading to be done today :)

basically, if you get a steady temperature which drops suddenly, it could mean you're ovulating and if your temp goes up to or past 37 Celcius and stays there for 21+ days (I THINK) is can be a sign of early pregnancy. I could be wrong but that is my understanding of it...

CM will change throughout your cycle. After AF mine is always dry, like a thick creamy texture and white. Then it should become wetter (rub between your fingers to see) and when you ovulate/ near ovulation etc it should become like egg whites so EWCM which is what you're looking for when you want to time the baby dancing :thumbup:

i've just had the best news... my sister is pregnant! I'm so happy for her! Apparently she found out last week but she has been putting off telling me until i'd had my blood tests so she didn't upset me bless her. But i am genuinely so happy for her because i love my niece and can't wait for another niece/nephew!

That's great news! Lovely of her to be worried about your feelings too, sounds like you are very close :hugs:

That's great news! Lovely of her to be worried about your feelings too, sounds like you are very close :hugs:

We are very close. We talk every day and she always asks how i'm getting on with everything. Thats why she was waiting to tell me because she knew i was struggling.

I've been away for a while, just needed a break for a bit so not been temping or anything. Have realised I'm cd33 today and no AF, so I'm going to test tomorrow just so I know where I am. Just waiting on an appointment from the hospital now for metformin.

Stefanie - Congrats to your sister!!! :) Here's to hoping that you'll be able to announce your own pregnancy to HER very soon. ;)

When I was taking soy, I was told that you take it in twice the amount you would take clomid. Thus, if you would be on a 50mg clomid dose...you should take 100mg soy isoflavones....

So that seems like an INSANELY high amount to me...but it doesn't sound like it's done anything BAD to you so far and you've noticed positive fertility signs, so all the power to ya, girl!

Remember though with clomid (and I can only assume with soy as well) that more is not necessarily "better". Some people who fail to respond on a 50mg, 100mg or 150mg dose do well at 25mg. Who knows why? Guess we're all just different. ;)

........... 7 days till testing ... but i got my :bfp: for ryan 3 days before AF was due.... so that means i could test sunday??!!!! i got a job lot of ebay cheapies (30) should arrive tomorrow how do i not test?!

........... 7 days till testing ... but i got my :bfp: for ryan 3 days before AF was due.... so that means i could test sunday??!!!! i got a job lot of ebay cheapies (30) should arrive tomorrow how do i not test?!

Test, test test :) with 30 of them you cant go wrong :) fingers crossed for you hun :):happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->