-*- teen tbh -*-

Brenna's was to check for any traces of lead in her blood. I thought it was very pointless, as I watch her like a hawk .. but hey, I'd rather be safe then sorry :thumbup: Good thing she won't remember it, cause I sure as heck won't forget it! :haha:

Oh my fing god, the lead test was insane! For syri they just did the finger prick but had to fill a ridiculous amount of blood into this tube thing so it took at least ten minutes and she was so upset that she had to stay still and that the woman had to keep squishing her already in pain finger. I was like trying to nurse her while the woman was trying to get the blood. It was such a scene.
Then she goes 'well there is a different lance that cuts deeper but that one hurts more' well so does squeezing her finger for ages ya dumb cow. >.<

Yeah, with Brenna they took a whole vial of blood when they could've just pricked her heel or finger .. that would've made much more sense :nope: Sometimes I hate doctors, I swear. I know they're just doing their job, but a lot of the time I feel some things are unneccessary.

tbh, I just had a thought. FOB's should get the pregnancy symtems when the girl is pregnant (together or not lol) ie: morning sickness, nausea, hormonal change :haha:

Hollie has never had to have blood taken, apart from her heal prick test.

She always hates injections though.....poor babys!

Tbh, I can't believe how FOB is taking this break up. I never in a million years thought he'd be acting like this.

Izzy had to have blood taken because of her jaundice and they tried 3 times to get it out of her hand and couldn't get any so went with a heel prick. I then had to go back because they messed something up and I told them not to try in her hand because they wouldn't get any but they insisted and she was just screaming the whole time, it was horrible. And they didn't even get any that way and did another heel prick in the end :growlmad:

Tbh, I'm such an idiot, I dropped all the milk I pumped this morning :dohh:

Tyler had to have loads of blods taking a few for jundice one to check for thyroid problem causei have one which I never got the results to actually hmm...

tbh, i've got this child FAR to excited and hyper for the football match today he's running round the living room screaming SUNDERLAND yeaaaaah.
and tbh, i wanna laugh in fob's face he'll never support sunderland oh really? hahaha :)

Edie is still asleep :happydance: she's never slept this late before. Taking her out to the park today for a childrens fair.

Oh my fing god, the lead test was insane! For syri they just did the finger prick but had to fill a ridiculous amount of blood into this tube thing so it took at least ten minutes and she was so upset that she had to stay still and that the woman had to keep squishing her already in pain finger. I was like trying to nurse her while the woman was trying to get the blood. It was such a scene.
Then she goes 'well there is a different lance that cuts deeper but that one hurts more' well so does squeezing her finger for ages ya dumb cow. >.<

We have to get that amount in order for the test to be accurate otherwise they send it back. Also, MOST of the time it doesn't actually hurt, it's just uncomfortable and awkward for them. Yes, the initial finger prick does hurt but not the squeezing...we don't squeeze that hard. The reason the finger looks more red is because the blood flow.

Sorry, I took the "dumb cow" comment offensively because that dumb cow could have been me since that is part of my job....

We have to get that amount in order for the test to be accurate otherwise they send it back. Also, MOST of the time it doesn't actually hurt, it's just uncomfortable and awkward for them. Yes, the initial finger prick does hurt but not the squeezing...we don't squeeze that hard. The reason the finger looks more red is because the blood flow.

Sorry, I took the "dumb cow" comment offensively because that dumb cow could have been me since that is part of my job....

"Then she goes 'well there is a different lance that cuts deeper but that one hurts more' well so does squeezing her finger for ages ya dumb cow. >.<"

Thats why i was mad at her. If she had used the other one, it wouldnt have been such a scene and if you had seen it, you would have known it wasnt a good choice for her to have made. :nope: Syri practically didnt even notice the prick at all, and i suspect thats common for children her age, so what logic lead the woman to go with the lance that would result in a slower flow of blood because it was a small bit less painful escapes me.

edit: I would have felt better if she had even talked through the options with me and let me choose the best choice for my child rather than her doing it herself.

"Then she goes 'well there is a different lance that cuts deeper but that one hurts more' well so does squeezing her finger for ages ya dumb cow. >.<"

Thats why i was mad at her. If she had used the other one, it wouldnt have been such a scene and if you had seen it, you would have known it wasnt a good choice for her to have made. :nope: Syri practically didnt even notice the prick at all, and i suspect thats common for children her age, so what logic lead the woman to go with the lance that would result in a slower flow of blood because it was a small bit less painful escapes me.

Ohhh I gotcha... :thumbup: I guess I missed that part when I was reading lol. Well, I always use the "poke" (round) lance vs the vertical lance but this is because the round one just gives a nicer (less messier) bleed but the way she said it to you wasn't appropriate...she shouldn't have said anything

TBH I am really fucking grossed out. We were watching TV lastnight and I had just fallen asleep with DH starts to scream....there was a MOUSE just walkin around in the living room. YUCK.

My nephew just had a prick of the finger (and he has the same doctor), so I was a little surprised when they said they were actually going to draw a tube. For her vaccinations, she can get one without crying, but if it's two or more she gets upset. I guess it makes sense that she handled the blood being drawn well, but I still thought she'd freak out from being held, ykwim?

Omg, poor Brenna! That sounds awful. I know that she won't remember it, but I know how awful that had to be for you! When Aria was having an allergic reaction to one of her medicines DH had to hold her, and the nurse made me force-feed the 5ml of steroids to her (they were the nasty chalky kind instead of the flavored infant kind :sad1:) Shd just kept looking at me out of the corner of her eye, like 'why, mommy?' I had to go into the bathroom and have a moment to myself afterwards or I was going to burst into tears in the hospital room. :/ so, if that was that hard for me, i can only imagine what your experience was like! :hugs:

Tbh, I feel like I'm back in year 7/8 listening to this :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWyUEuGcWY

Ahhh memories :')

Tbh, im well chuffed for my score for my uni assignment :D reeeeally gotta keep it up!

tbh, if things go my way next weekend, i'm going to be in the best mood of my life lol.

TBH, NO it's NOT fucking okay to just let your 21 month old run all over and not even look at them for over 30 minutes. Went to a baby shower today, of course, same shitty cousin in law I always complain about, wasn't watching her baby again.

This little kid who was there (around 8) starts SCREAMING from the back of the house (all of us adults and 2 other babies were all in the livingroom playing baby shower games) and a few people run back there, and we hear "alexis is IN the toilet!!" (alexis is my cousin in laws baby) So deb gets up, and goes back there, "Oh yeah I find her in the toilet all the time."

:saywhat: :wacko: :nope:

What if she had slipped on her way in and drowned in that toilet??? I was a straight up BITCH in front of everyone about it. There was another woman that said "Who was it?" and I said "The only person who wasn't watching their baby." Really loud. She lies about being pregnant every other month, and says she wants another!! I fear for her baby when there AREN'T other adults around. I don't know if anyone remembers but apparently when she left her daughter at my nieces birthday party all alone for over 30 minutes while she went out side for a smoke, my SIL asked her who was watching Alexis, and she says "I don't know, someone will watch her. They always do..." :saywhat: If I had a free chance to slap this bitch, oh I would make it count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->