-*- teen tbh -*-

We DTD two weeks after Hollie, the only thing stopping me is the bleeding, the engorged boobs and my tummy is still tender.

Tbh I'm sick of OH being so fucking slack. He only see's Oakley for an hour and a half each day and wonders why he cries around him :dohh: he comes home from work and moans constantly about being tired but won't help me change a nappy or two in the short space of time he's round. I feel like a single mum! Does he not think I might be tired from looking after our 5 week old son all day and all night since he was born?!?! :shock:

And my birthday was 6 days after Oakley was born and I STILL don't have a birthday present from him :cry: I didn't want anything huge, I just wanted people to remember it was my birthday even with my son's birthday being so close

That was needed :)

Tbh I'm shattered. Does anyone know if LOs have growth spurts at 6 weeks or so? Don't think it helps she has reflux problems, but she is feeling a bit better after doctor prescribed Gaviscon.

i know this is late but finlay went through i really bad patch at 6/7 weeks and so did his baby friends from ante-natal class! i think its normal :)

tbh I am really excited for Lo's birthday, but at the same time really sad the he is practically not a baby anymore :( He is growing up too fast.

Tbh I'm shattered. Does anyone know if LOs have growth spurts at 6 weeks or so? Don't think it helps she has reflux problems, but she is feeling a bit better after doctor prescribed Gaviscon.

i know this is late but finlay went through i really bad patch at 6/7 weeks and so did his baby friends from ante-natal class! i think its normal :)

Thank you :flow: things have calmed down a little now. She has gone back to sleeping well but don't know if that's from her new medicine working or it ending. Oh well. I'm not complaining :)

Hope you're okay Josie :hugs: he needs a kick up the back side like Damon got a few weeks ago. That's not on. You need to let him know he needs to help too as it takes 2 to tango, so therefore 2 to look after LO. It got to point where I didn't know if I wanted to be with OH and we talked about it and he finally realized. Things are great now and OH does a lot with LO and does quite a lot in the house! Hope it gets better :flower:

Cammy - what are you planning for Alexander's first birthday? :D

Part of me wishes I never got the IUD, my belly is so crampy!

You got the non hormonal one? I had that and had to have it removed becuase it was soooo painful :hugs:

Tbh I wish FOB would step up a bit... Connor barely knows him :nope: Wanker.

Tbh I love my new car :) yey il finally be able to get out and about, but I spent way over budget with it :( x

Tbh, I wish I wasn't so paranoid about giving LO a dummy, my little finger is numb from Dougie sucking it so hard! :thumbup:

Yes thanks Amber :hugs: I am now anyway, needed that vent hehe. I know it must be tiring having work at 6 in the mornin but it's no excuse to not be a father. I'm gonna Have to talk to him like you did with Damon :)

Abby how comes your paranoid about giving LO a dummy? :flow:

Tbh, I wish I wasn't so paranoid about giving LO a dummy, my little finger is numb from Dougie sucking it so hard! :thumbup:

Do you BF?

I used to allow Amari to suckle my little finger! until i decided it would probably be better to give her a dummy, because at least that would bend under the pressure! your little finger is going to cause equally as much damage as a dummy! - so being as i was not under any circumstances going to allow my daughter to have a dummy, i just put her on the boob every-time she wanted comfort!...worked well for us! x x

Tbh my LO has been slobbering alot lately and I noticed her gums are all rough. Is that normal? Surely they shouldn't be like that at 6-7 weeks???

Abby how comes your paranoid about giving LO a dummy? :flow:

I'm worried he'll get confused between dummy and boob. Tinternet keeps saying 2 weeks is too early and to wait a month.

Do you BF?

I used to allow Amari to suckle my little finger! until i decided it would probably be better to give her a dummy, because at least that would bend under the pressure! your little finger is going to cause equally as much damage as a dummy! - so being as i was not under any circumstances going to allow my daughter to have a dummy, i just put her on the boob every-time she wanted comfort!...worked well for us! x x

I never even thought my little finger would be bad. We tried having the boob for comfort but he never falls asleep and when he comes off he always needs winding which wakes him up again. Might have to persist with it though.

Health professionals suggest using your little finger as apposed to a dummy because it doesn't cause nipple confusion such like a dummy would, as it feels fleshy and is averagely the right size for their mouth and more like a nipple than an artificial object like a dummy.
also a dummy can cause issues for longer than a little finger as you can wean off your little finger quite easily. and quickly, dummy's can be difficult to wean off. (my daughter had hers until 2 months ago, and i hated it! she has a bit of a lisp now which she will grow out of. but i know some kids who are 5 and still have dummies who wont grow out of their lisps now :/)
if you can just stick with it for a little bit longer, his feeding will settle down as will his comfort sucking. my son is loving chewing my knuckle atm and it doesn't hurt when he clamps (he's teething super bad :( ) where as if i still gave him my finger i think it would hurt me and his poor gums.
it doesn't last long, it'll all settle down SOON!

best wishes :):)

You got the non hormonal one? I had that and had to have it removed becuase it was soooo painful :hugs:

Yeah, that one.. I think :haha: The doctor never explained anything. How long did you have it for? It isn't as crampy today! Were you able to feel the strings? Lol..

My OH gave Finlay a dummy at 4 days old, he didn't really like it but some times took it - he still loves the boob. But obviously all babies are different, wouldn't want to say that and then confuse any other babs:flower:

Health professionals suggest using your little finger as apposed to a dummy because it doesn't cause nipple confusion such like a dummy would, as it feels fleshy and is averagely the right size for their mouth and more like a nipple than an artificial object like a dummy.
also a dummy can cause issues for longer than a little finger as you can wean off your little finger quite easily. and quickly, dummy's can be difficult to wean off. (my daughter had hers until 2 months ago, and i hated it! she has a bit of a lisp now which she will grow out of. but i know some kids who are 5 and still have dummies who wont grow out of their lisps now :/)
if you can just stick with it for a little bit longer, his feeding will settle down as will his comfort sucking. my son is loving chewing my knuckle atm and it doesn't hurt when he clamps (he's teething super bad :( ) where as if i still gave him my finger i think it would hurt me and his poor gums.
it doesn't last long, it'll all settle down SOON!

best wishes :):)

I still suck my thumb now and don't want the same to happen to him. His sucking gets really bad when he has wind. But I let him have the boob and he gets even windier. I really hope I can stick it out.

My OH gave Finlay a dummy at 4 days old, he didn't really like it but some times took it - he still loves the boob. But obviously all babies are different, wouldn't want to say that and then confuse any other babs:flower:

I've googled about a thousand times when people gave a dummy. Everyone says early on and had no problem with confusion. But the whole nipple confusion must have come from somewhere?! I think I'll probably cave and give Dougie one eventually. :dohh:

Oakley's had both dummy and boob since birth, we're still BF like pro's. I didn't want him to have one at all but it makes life sooo easy and it pisses the midwives off, bonus! :haha:

All bubs are different though so stick with your finger if you're that worried, I wish I'd thought of that!

I gave in and gave him a dummy last night. He sucked it for a while then spat it out when he was hungry. Going to try and keep it to nightimes only as that's when he gets grumpiest. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->