Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

Welcome smiley! We're happy to have you, but also sorry your having difficulties. Us ladies are at all different stages of TTC.

Tell us your story :)

Hopin- without a doubt i will be POAS. Keep you posted.

Lune- sooooo sorry. I agree Hopin-----get a big glass of frothy beer or some wine and take a bath. Its sucks bad and im sorry.

Smileydoc is one of my BFFs in real life-haha! So happy she joined this thread and think it will be helpful for her to learn from all of your experiences!!!

Anmlz- YES!! Test!! Right now!! I tested 6dp5dt- VERY slight line but I could see it. I tested every day until beta!! Which I'm glad I did because the nurse told me my beta was negative and I said I had very positive hpts and she said "ohh wait I'm looking at the wrong thing"?!?!? So TEST!!! :)

Hopin- ha! Sorry that was confusing. I go back this Thursday to check up re: blood. After that they tell me to come back in probably 4 weeks which makes me sad!!! :(

@TypeA: how many days of stimming did you end up doing?

@Hopin: I have mixed feelings about it, I still wish we wouldn't have to do it but at the same token I am sick and tired of the rollercoaster ride that TTC is and am ready to get the big guns out!

Allika- I really don't think you will regret it!! I stimmed for 10 days (as opposed to the 25 I was use to for a regular cycle). Then egg retreival and the transfer then BFP. I was really very calm during it. I meditated and prayed every night of IVF to help me focus on the prize at the end. I thought the retreival wasn't bad...being swollen before retreival is the WORST! And transfer was a sinch. AND if we want future children I know I will only be doing a transfer with the frozen embryos. The only frustrating thing was which needles go with which injection. Other than that...all was well!

I still have mixed feelings about having done it but it's too late now. I tell you that only because if you continue to have mixed feelings afterwards...I think that's normal.

Thanks for the welcome ladies! TypeA is one of my BFFs and told me about this fabulous group! She has already been a great support and I look forward to learning more about you all and sharing our stories!

We started TTC in April after being on BC for over 12 years. The first few months we were just winging it, if it happened, it happened. June I attempted to track my temp (ugh annoying), started peeing on a OPK stick and was tracking my cycle and ovulation dates! I went from a 3 day minimal period on BC to a 9-10 day period with 3-4 days of spotting before/after....ugh! June and July I never got a positive on my OPK test, I was so confused as I thought I was very normal. Last month I finally got a positive, so now I'm 10 days post ovulation and waiting to test! I'm completely a type A personality, planner so I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that I waited this long in my life (I'm 33) and now it's not happening exactly when I want it to....yes I know this is karma laughing at my type a planner!

So that's my story. Over the past few days I've been googling signs and symptoms at 9 days post ovulation, and of course over analyzing anything I'm feeling...exhausted, vivid dreams and slight nausea! I know it doesn't mean anything and I might even be making it all up! I'll keep you all posted and would love to hear any suggestions/thoughts!

PS - I'm not down with all the abbreviations other than the big ones (TTC) so bare with me as I learn :haha:

Hi Smiley...welcome to the group!

Grateful...hope you are enjoying your precious bundle...can't wait to see more pics!

Hopin ..hi Hun!!

Allika and TypeA....thx so much for keeping us posted on ivf process it helps me think thru what to so next!

AFM...
I had my FS appt today to discuss where we are now...after 4 failed IUIs. He said the cycle looked great....follie size...ovulation ..and sperm. So he can't say that we had any issues for these cycles. It could be a fertilization issue....that the sperm and egg are not doing thier thing when they meet.

He said he would suggest ivf bc then you can see egg and sperm together....but it's up to us wecan do another IUI we could do just good old BDing.

I asked him ...is there any thing he would recommend for another IUI/BD cycle in terms of med protocol. He had a look at my dosage and said that I've only ever done femera + puregon and it only gave me 1 big follie. We could do injectables fromcd3 at a higher dose to see if I get more follies and do IUI with that. Also bc ivf is injectables only it would allow us to see how I react.

I also asked him is there an option to do less meds during ivf. He said yes, they call it mini-ivf....it is exactly the same as ivf but lower dose of meds. He was quite honest about it saying that...it's good for people that have no issues creating a large number of eggs on lower doses and then some people that dont want to take soo many meds. However on the down side if you do low doses and don't end up with enough eggs or the ones you do are not good quality then you have to do another cycle, meaning you are just taking more meds...which was what you didn't want to do. He said its better to have more meds in a short time period....then less meds but over a long time period.

So DH and I have decided to: try new med protocol for 1-2 IUIs. Then in August the clinic is having an IVF orientation we will attend...that will give us more time to discuss and let me get my mind around ivf and allow DH to understand exactly what ivf is.

*deep breath*

Welcome Smiley!! I'm sure you'll find a great majority of your questions can be answered here, lots of knowledgeable ladies :)

TypeA- I've been testing with the internet cheapies I've got which have been coming out negative. So I'll definitely be stopping at the store today and pick up some FRERs. I'm in the mindset right now that I'm not one of the first time IVF BFPer because we had some interesting outcomes the way, but I've got my hopes up that next time will be better :) Just taking each day as it comes and looking forward to Wednesday :)

Allika- I wholeheartedly agree with TypeA. IVF may seem overwhelming at first but it gets better :) Surprisingly you become a pro in no time! There will always be questions, trust me, I've got a long list to ask next appt. It's kind of fun on this thread too, you get to see both sides of IVF. But good luck with it, I can't wait for you to start stimming!

Welcome Smiley! Thanks for sharing your story with us. This has been a fantastic group of ladies and they're super supportive!

It looks like you and I have matching cycles this round--we're both 10dpo today :yipee:

Welcome Smiley! Thanks for sharing your story with us. This has been a fantastic group of ladies and they're super supportive!

It looks like you and I have matching cycles this round--we're both 10dpo today :yipee:

LesbianMystiq,

When are you testing?!? I have a 28 day cycle typically, so was thinking Wednesday...is that too early??

I typically have a 25 day cycle so I have a bloodwork appt on Friday, which is 14dpo. Wednesday doesn't seem too early but I would caution you that it could be a BFN (big fat no) and 2 days later be a BFP(big fat yes)! But if you're a poas-aholic (pee on a stick) then you can surely start on Wednesday and everyday after until you get your BFP!

(You mentioned that the acronyms are new for you so I spelled a few of them out :winkwink:)

Thanks so much for the help with all the acronyms :) Happy thoughts for your blood work on Friday and I'll keep you posted!

Welcome Smiley!! I'm sure you'll find a great majority of your questions can be answered here, lots of knowledgeable ladies :)

TypeA- I've been testing with the internet cheapies I've got which have been coming out negative. So I'll definitely be stopping at the store today and pick up some FRERs. I'm in the mindset right now that I'm not one of the first time IVF BFPer because we had some interesting outcomes the way, but I've got my hopes up that next time will be better :) Just taking each day as it comes and looking forward to Wednesday :)

Allika- I wholeheartedly agree with TypeA. IVF may seem overwhelming at first but it gets better :) Surprisingly you become a pro in no time! There will always be questions, trust me, I've got a long list to ask next appt. It's kind of fun on this thread too, you get to see both sides of IVF. But good luck with it, I can't wait for you to start stimming!

I sent a pic of my sticks to Jenna to upload when she has a minute. I used all frers! And then a digital. How many embryos do you have on ice??? :)

Fingers crossed for you!!!! They check you for endometriosis right???

TypeA- no frozen embryos:( they retrieved 11 eggs, only 5 were mature, 4 fertilized, and only 1 made it to transfer. So next round my major question is going to be how do we get those immature eggs to mature in time for retrieval. I've pretty much got everything crossed at this point and hoping that one little guy is as stubborn as me lol. I'm assuming they checked for endo when I had my fluid ultrasound and HSG. Other than that they haven't mentioned it.

TypeA- no frozen embryos:( they retrieved 11 eggs, only 5 were mature, 4 fertilized, and only 1 made it to transfer. So next round my major question is going to be how do we get those immature eggs to mature in time for retrieval. I've pretty much got everything crossed at this point and hoping that one little guy is as stubborn as me lol. I'm assuming they checked for endo when I had my fluid ultrasound and HSG. Other than that they haven't mentioned it.

Yep. The fluid ultrasound would have caught any endo issues!! How did I miss that only 5 eggs were mature?!? That's a dosage problem in my opinion. Very easy to fix! Hopefully they change something on your meds or I would go somewhere else! Ugh sorry that happened! They should have kept low and slow until the eggs were all ripe! Looking forward to hearing what the dr says UNLESS you get your BFP!!!

https://www.creatingafamily.org/

This link leads to the website with a lot of podcasts and audios for topics like micro IVF, single embryo transfer, when to move up the fertility ladder. Very informative

I finally got a signal at the campsite and am in tears at how beautiful little Jimmy is and how wonderful Alicia looks! He is just too cute!!

Will play catchup next weekend with the rest of you ladies and I'm hoping for some more BFP's :)

Vacation with the family is going wonderful :happydance:

AJD- glad vacation is going well for you! Gotta love a little relaxation time :)

Type A- Ah! I was wondering what needs to be done next time to try and get more mature eggs, didn't realize it was as simple as a different dose! Thanks for the insight, I really appreciate it! I'm definitely going to need to be a little more persistent with this doctors office, it's like twisting an arm sometimes to get answers.

Hope everyone is doing well! Can't wait to hear more about Grateful and little Jimmy!!

WELCOME Smiley :) Glad to have you join us! When are you testing, tomorrow? I'll add you to the front page. I will warn you, we are all poas-aholics (pee on a stick) here so we typically start asking if you're testing early on. :haha: Oops! :)

Breaking That sounds like a great plan! I'm glad you have some other options to try before IVF. Seems like that's just what you need. You got this, girl! Hopefully you won't need anything you learn from that IVF info session. :hugs:

Kins Are you testing today?

Hope everyone is doing swell :)

AJD- glad vacation is going well for you! Gotta love a little relaxation time :)

Type A- Ah! I was wondering what needs to be done next time to try and get more mature eggs, didn't realize it was as simple as a different dose! Thanks for the insight, I really appreciate it! I'm definitely going to need to be a little more persistent with this doctors office, it's like twisting an arm sometimes to get answers.

Hope everyone is doing well! Can't wait to hear more about Grateful and little Jimmy!!

Unless there is something I'm missing. It seems to be a dosage protocol issue. They should be monitoring you so frequently that the dr should know how many are mature and how many aren't. My dr thought 15. We got 15. So I would ask about that and MAYBE get a second opinion on the dosage from another dr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->