Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

I think it really needs to be both people's decisions on whether to go public with fertility issues. Posting on a place like here is one thing but I can see the husband being upset if his wife just made everything public with their real names without talking to him about it first. Personally we didn't tell anyone about our struggles.

My appoinent today was uneventful as usual :thumbup: I get one more scan on sept 9 then next appointment is sept 10 :)

No she's here ! Lots of cramps & she got heavier!

Everything seemed so perfect this time. Gonna see what our next plan of action is. I want to do IUI & DH agreed to it but we don't have the extra money for it :/ we are gonna buy a house so all our extra money has been going ts paying off our smaller bills.

I didn't think it would bother me so much because I really thought we finally did it.

Allika- DH doesn't care he just thinks the boards make me obsess too much. This is def one of those life situations where no one can judge unless they've been in your shoes.

I was in a mtg today at work and there are two 30-something women who have 9 mo olds and the one is going on about how she used a surrogate and she might not have waited so long to TTC if she knew they would struggle with infertility, and the other one is IMing me that she feels uncomfortable and doesn't know what to say. I IM her back that at least she was successful. I, meanwhile, keep my mouth shut tho I am dying to tell my story. But it was good that the first mom was able to talk about it openly. I really wanted to chime in that I wish I wouldn't have waited, so that these other two 20-somethings would know the realities that when you're ready your body might not be.

Instead of just teaching how not to get pregnant they need to teach you everything in TCOYF. :coffee:

Dh is all for me using the boards because he knows the connections I have with you all are alot stronger that some with my friends when it comes to TTC.

@lune: I agree! I am so glad we started immediately TTC and did not delay this to our late thirties only to find out then that it will be way difficult!

I do wish I had started earlier than I did... but I'm now going full force.

I actually find myself considering IVF these days... not sure when it's time to take that next step myself

@ajd: I don't blame you at some point you start to think after unsuccessful cycles where everything looked right what the f.ing problem is. That for me is the biggest perk in IVF...the transparency and information you are provided with!

Hi ladies! Just wanted to drop in (while I'm able to get on my computer for a sec) and let you all know I am still here and have been keeping up with reading everything...just not really posting because it is hard when I'm on my cell phone with the baby.

Things are going well with the baby. I developed Mastitis (breast infection) that has been rather difficult but I think it is finally improving. I have posted a few pics in my journal recently if anyone is interested. I can't believe Jimmy is over a week old already. The past week has been a big blur of visitors and 3 hour feedings, so have been trying to sleep whenever I can.

Miss everyone, but know I'm keeping up with y'all. :hugs: Hope to be back posting pretty soon.

@Grateful: he is so precious! I am so happy for you and hope your infection goes away soon!

AFM: got all the meds today and only paid $340 for it after our insurance kicked in. That was awesome because I thought our insurance wouldn't cover anything!
Excited to start!!! Tomorrow is the baseline scan!

Allika I am sooo excited for you girl! I started to look into the whole process and for Kaiser they estimate cost at around $9000 w/o meds. I have good med coverage (they covered the menopur and oral ones so far) and a lot of the labs and initial scans have already been done on me so it might just be more workable. I think I might just be ready to have the initial consult and see what they say. I'm not saying I am ready to jump right into IVF, but I am completely open to exploring that option so when it comes to the time to decide I will be ready for that.

We've been so quiet the last few days....

$9000 w/o meds doesn't sound bad...

I am interested to see how the shots work for you this time around!

Allika- It's always exciting when you get a final total and you immediately are surprised but how much less it is compared to the scary number you had in mind :) Hope things look well on your baseline scan!!

Had my follow up appt today with the doc. He said he started me on the lower end of the lupron level protocol due to my age, and he really didn't have anything other to compare it to. But seeing how my ovaries responded, he said my ovaries are acting older than they should. My peak E2 was only 1315 this first cycle. He said the range he uses for a mature follicle is 250-300. So our next plan of action is to increase my level protocol, I won't find out to what until the cycle starts. I was told that I'll probably be placed on the October cycle since I'm supposed to call when my next period starts. So here's hoping this new protocol does the trick!

Wow SO MUCH TO CATcHUp on!!!

Anm. So glad to hear that you have an action plan!!

Ajd...it's good you are learning about ivf early...

Allika...wow it's beginning...yay!!

Grateful....I posted in your journal...love jimmy he is sooo adorable!!

Lei...my DH is the same....he's glad I have you guys to vent!!

Lune....when I was having cysts in my 20s someone should have given me that book!!!!!

Hopin ...hi Hun...how was your vacation?!

AFM...CD 9 today of gonal F...I have 2...yes that's right 2!!! Follies. And boy can I feel them. 14mm each. There are also a couple smaller ones! Tomorrow we are going to an orientation for IVF. Bit nervous!

I don't know where to start! I read every post and am glad to see August start off with a BFP! Congrats! Also I'm seriously excited for everyone who is getting on the IVF train! :) it's such a big step. I was so nervous about doing an IUI! I had so many doubts and fears and just thought maybe it was not meant to be. :/ but then I had you gals, everyone with ups and downs. You girls helped me a lot more than you could imagine. Information and encouragement. It definitely has helped. Good luck!!

Soooo I am 17 wks today and I still haven't told my mom or dad that we're expecting. I very close to them, and by close I mean they live a mile away and I see them almost weekly. I am terrified to tell my mom, because she (and my nana) expressed her disapproval of me having another child. She said things like I'm too old, I have two boys and that should be enough, and she just seems angry anytime someone asks me and my DH when we're going to have a kid (basically she laughs before I can answer them and says she'd kill me. :/ ) it's really hurtful and I feel terrible for not telling her (My dad is like whatever) We have told dh's side of the family and our friends. Literally, she is the last person I want to tell and it's not because I hate her, it's because she is a big part of my life and I'd like for her to just be happy for me, just once! Sorry for the long post but I'm struggling with how to tell her and my DH thinks if I wait too much longer I'm just being plain disrespectful :(

@Ldizzy: you need to tell her! She will come around, trust me!

Allika - I am so excited to follow your IVF journey!

I started taking epo and black cohosh and grapefruit juice. EPO seems to already be making CM increase. I made an appt for FS next month. Fingers x'd, legs unx'd I won't have to go :haha:

Ldizzy- I say tell her sooner than later.
When we first started TTC my mom wasn't for it at all & always told me I needed to appreciate my daughter more... Well one month I was late & she got so excites...needless to say AF showed. Also with DD my ex didn't tell his grandma till after she was born & she hates me for it now even though it was not my doingm I think she will come around cause after all its her grand baby :)

:wave:
Just letting you know I'm still stalking everyone. Things have been very busy so I haven't been posting much but I have been keeping up and rooting you all on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->