That OTHER 2 Week Wait!

That's good, phew! I thought I read somewhere that any eggs released after day 16 were considered 'old' and poorer quality. But is that individual then? I'm just worried about shoddy eggs which won't be any good :( I normally have 13 days LP according to FF...so fingers crossed!
Hope we all cross the line together and do end up gatecrashing at new years!

Gosh! i have never heard that before. :shocked:
I bloody well hope thats not true! I dont want shoddy eggs! :winkwink:
A 13 day LP is good, Grey. Should give the eggy plenty of time to stick. :cloud9:
xx

Grey, I don't think that's correct. Normal ovulation timeline can range anywhere from day 11-21, so the window is pretty wide.

Don't worry....your eggie is now competing with other eggies, so she'll be out soon. :)

I hope its not true! But here's a link I found that could be interesting. I found messages no13 and 14 interesting.
https://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1104881/does-late-ovulation-mean-poor-egg-quality

What CD are you on Grey? I wouldn't read too much into it, as it's only going to stress you out more. Besides, those were only 2 posts. There are other posts on there where women have gotten pregnant ovulating late, so don't worry. :)

Thanks for that link, Grey.
But I would say that the majority of posts were saying that late ovulation does no harm. There were plenty of anecdotes from women who had ovulated, conceived (and carried to term) later in their cycle.
Lets try not to worry about it, and hope that we conceive today or tomorrow
We are in this togther :friends:
xx

Thanks guys :) I feel a little better :) I guess its just hard with so many contradicting artcles and info :(
Yep, we're in it together, and thats helpful in itself :)

Still no +opk...2- today :(
I'm still hoping to :sex: tonight to see if we can have enough waiting...I'm going a little out of my mind waiting now, the novelty has truly worn off.

99% sure my opk was positive today! Meaning I guess I O tomorrow sometime?? Dtd yesterday and working on today and aiming on tomorrow. Fingers crossed. :dust: to everyone!!

Congratulations Imp!
Get BDing as often as you can today, tomorrow and the day after.
You can catch that eggy!!
:dust:
xx

Well Grand. I am almost certain that I got a +OPK last nite. But im going to test again tonight, just to be 100% sure. DTD twice last night anyways, just incase the eggy makes her appearance today. And im sure we will be seeing in the New Year with more BDing tonight. Also have a few lower abdominal twinges this morning, although maybe Im imagining it?
How are you today, Grand?
xx

Oh that's good...great BD action as well :sex:

I'm just waiting...it's kind of quiet in the TWW right now but I think everyone is still busy with holiday stuff etc. but I know we will get busy pretty soon with all of you ladies graduating this weekend. :thumbup:

Happy New Year! :dust:

Happy New Year to you too :friends:

Yes, there should be quite a few of us gatecrashing over the weekend, so it wont be quiet then! Really hope the other ladies O today or tomorrow. FXd
xx

Congrats Imp and Shell! You'll be in the 2ww in no time! I'm still here...getting ridiculous! We :sex: last night and really hoping my opk goes + today.
You know we were talking about egg quality the other day? If your opk goes nearly + then - then eventually + does that mean the egg tried to release then didn't so it'll be poorer quality? I am sadly obsessed with this. Or could it simply be the random hormone surges of PCOS?

I think it's going to be a pretty lonely place in here next week, I sadly feel like I will still be here :(

girls, you mentioned abdominal twinges and I get them loads, I have done ever since I got pregnant the first time then m/c and since. I dont know if its stuff that's always happened and I've just not been aware because I wasnt thinking about it but nowadays I feel like I have twinges all the time! What does it mean? Anything? Nothing?

girls, you mentioned abdominal twinges and I get them loads, I have done ever since I got pregnant the first time then m/c and since. I dont know if its stuff that's always happened and I've just not been aware because I wasnt thinking about it but nowadays I feel like I have twinges all the time! What does it mean? Anything? Nothing?

I know exactly what you mean, Kizzy.
I think i mustve always had these twinges during ovulation, but was never "in tune" with my body, so never noticed. But since being pregnant, having a loss, and actively TTC, I think i am much more in tune, and notice everything that is happening.
xx

You know we were talking about egg quality the other day? If your opk goes nearly + then - then eventually + does that mean the egg tried to release then didn't so it'll be poorer quality? I am sadly obsessed with this. Or could it simply be the random hormone surges of PCOS?

Hey Grey, im not sure of the answer to this question. But as I mentioned the other day, I had a faint line, then no line, then a dark line, all in the space of 3 days. So I imagine its pretty normal (or at least i hope it is).
Please try not to get too obsessed with it. Im sure everything is fine, and you are in good company here.
And also, I dont think you will be alone here next week. Im sure you will get a +OPK today or tomorrow, and be coming over to the TWW thread with me and Imp over the weekend.
:hugs:
xx

thanks shelleney, its weird isnt it, I guess it was probably always going on but I never took a blind bit of notice before! I am trying to get familiar with my body and cycle now but not temping/opk or anything, hopefully wont have to worry for long and will get pregnant nice and quickly :) xx

I feel it too Shelleney and Kizzy - Don't know if it's a new thing since my M/C or if I just notice it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->