That OTHER 2 Week Wait!

Awww New. Sorry to hear that you've had such a crappy day. :nope: It's hard when things like these happen, cause on one hand you want to be happy for them...but it's a lot easier said than done. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs: And if it helps, I'm optimistic that you'll get your sticky bean sooner than later. :)

Being emotional around O time is not unusual at all. All those hormones can definitely throw things out of whack. Hope you O soon! :thumbup:

:hugs: Sorry New. That must've been really tough to deal with in front of your co-workers. :hugs:
It's so hard to be happy for someone when they have something you so desperately want. Try to think of it this way: maybe she had also had trouble TTC like us. :shrug: I always tried thinking like that when I saw pregnant women and felt sad...although it didn't always work, I still hated some of them.

Something similar happened to me when my SIL announced her pregnancy to the family. I jumped up to give her a hug, then ended up weeping in her arms before running away and locking myself in the bathroom. I still feel guilty about it, but I just felt so devastated. :cry:

And yes, ovulation has always made me emotional.

sorry about your emotional day, new :hugs:
hope you have a better day tomorrow
xx

New sorry about your day. I had one of those evenings. I went to the movies with my best. She's the Only one besides my dh whome I've been able to share some Of my struggles with. Just found out she's prego. She's been sooo good with me and still is. She totally simpathizes with me and does her best to understand. I should be sooo happy for her, but i'm gutted...

My o has also happened. not that it got used or so...

Thanks Grand, Grey, Neffie, Amber, Shelley, Neffie & Imp - is that everyone?! :thumbup:
Yes it was tough breaking down in-front of everyone but thankfully everyone knew why it happened. I work with a lovely bunch of people who were all concerned for me. Our big boss lady was down from Scotland and she dragged me into the office so I had to tell her - it was horrendous as I was soooo upset, I couldn't speak properly and kept gasping for breath - took me back to my school days where someone had been nasty to me in the playground and was trying to tell the teacher :haha:

Feel a lot better today, what a difference a day makes eh.

Imp - my heart goes out to you as I know EXACTLY how you are feeling hun. I have been through this a few times lately with my SIL and now my work buddy who goes for her 12 week scan on my birthday at the end of the month. I am happy for her but inside devastated that it isn't me... It must be our turn soon my lovely - thinking of you at this difficult time :hugs2:

Glad you're feeling better New, and it's great your co-workers are understanding :) Hope you continue to feel better and this is your bfp month :)

Thanks New, I know you guys all understand which is what makes it easier. I want to be there for her, it seems so bad of me to feel so sad on such a happy occasion for someone I care so much about. I've had a hard day accepting this... poor dh, I finially get my s*** together when something happens to bring me right back to square one again.

oh New I am so sorry you had a horrible day yesterday.... so happy to hear that you are feeling much better today... big hugs to you... :hugs:

Imp: i know exactly how you feel as well. my sister got PG twice by accident..once when on the pill and she missed one day and the other time she didn't know until her doc appt for possible surgery... makes me sad to know that she got PG without even trying.. :cry:

ladies, our time will come.... :hugs:

hope to see you soon on the TWW thread...

i think we are all prone to those days..especially when constantly bombarded by pregnancies of people we know and love..
i am having to deal with that also..a co worker of mine has a 17yr old daughter due to be induced on the 21st and she is just bragging about it..and i have told her numerous times i really don't care to hear all the gory details as i was due feb 15th..i explained that i am happy for her but i just don't care to hear about it all the time..
and then my boss is pregnant..she became pregnant right after i had my d&c..it's hard to watch her grow..
my heart goes out to you both.

Sorry to hear about that loveanurse...I had the same thing with my boss. She announced her pregnancy the day I got back from my ectopic surgery :(

I had a nearly +opk today, I'm hoping I just mis-timed it slightly. It was the tiniest bit lighter than the control line, so I've put it as a + on FF. I'll test the next few days, and keep :sex: going, so hopefully we'll catch that elusive egg this month...I so want it to be my month. It's my last chance this month to then have the baby before I'm 27. I don't know why it bothers me, I know it's not old, it's just later than the plan I had in my head all this time.

i know that feeling grey. I had always thought I'd have kids by the time I'm 25... But I just wasn't ready then. Now I'm 29 and wishing I'd tried a little sooner.

i know that feeling grey. I had always thought I'd have kids by the time I'm 25... But I just wasn't ready then. Now I'm 29 and wishing I'd tried a little sooner.

I'm 36 in two weeks, took me a while longer to be 'ready' for children - now I wish I'd done it sooner... 18 months ago, I never realised the struggle that was ahead of me...

CBFM still high today but just done an opk and its quite dark, not quite as dark as the control but its there - my opks over the last few days have all been very faint line... hoping it goes to peak tomorrow.
How two cycles can be so different though, last month peak cd10/11 and now I'm on cd13 today!
But heres some good news.................. I have EWCM :happydance: think its down to the two bottles of cough mixture I have downed in the past week :rofl:

Gosh I've never waited for so long for O - understand how you long cycle girls feel now, I'm usually in TWW by now! :sleep:

I wish I had tried sooner too, hindsight is a terrible thing sometimes :(

I'm 36 in two weeks, took me a while longer to be 'ready' for children - now I wish I'd done it sooner... 18 months ago, I never realised the struggle that was ahead of me...

Gosh I've never waited for so long for O - understand how you long cycle girls feel now, I'm usually in TWW by now! :sleep:

What CD are you on? Yeah, being in a long cycle sucks! I know mine isn't the longest by far, so I try not to complain too much, but I do hate the waiting sometimes. When 'normal' women are starting their 2nd cycle, I'm sometimes still waiting to Ovulate :(

You youngins! I'm 37 in August! Don't fret/stress too much, lovely ladies, you have lots of time for little ones!

Grey/New--Keeping my FX'd for your Os!!!

And long cycles do indeed suck. I agree 100 zillion percent!

I'm 35 and just got my BFP so chins up girls. You have lots of time. Sending you all lots of baby dust. Because even though you have lots of time, it doesn't mean that your sticky bean needs to take its sweet time to find you.:hugs:

Oh, I didn't mean to imply you should wait, hope you guys didn't take it that way! I just wanted to try and send PMA as to the biological clock concerns! It is in no way ticking for you yet, and that is good! I hope you ladies are catching your eggs! :hugs:

Oh, I didn't mean to imply you should wait, hope you guys didn't take it that way! I just wanted to try and send PMA as to the biological clock concerns! It is in no way ticking for you yet, and that is good! I hope you ladies are catching your eggs! :hugs:

I didn't take it that way at all, don't worry :)
I'm 26 now and I've heard my biological clock ticking since I was diagnosed with PCOS at 22-23 and the Dr said I should get married and have babies NOW or else I probably wouldn't as having PCOS meant after 30 it would be virtually impossible to get pregnant...talk about scaring a girl! So since then in my head I've been thinking 30 is my cut off point :( So I feel like I have only 4 years to have any children I can :(

hmm Strangely enough Ov either didnt happen or it was a foul egg.

Had a temp spike without any cases of why it could be high otherwise but no follow up.. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->