That OTHER 2 Week Wait!

Mpepe...sorry that af has come for you and that you're feeling under the weather. Hoping you'll catch that Easter "egg"..:haha:
Beth/Anna..as much as I hate the way this sounds but I am glad that I am not the only one who feels pea green with envy. At least I am not alone. If I was I would seriously think I am going :wacko:..lol..hell, there are some days I think I am..:rofl:
Anna...FMLA..is one good thing Former President Clinton put into effect. It allows workers who have been employed at there jobs for a year to have 12 weeks off for family issues,medical issues (family,medical leave act). We get up to 12wks in a year, that includes maternity leave, without our employers saying "hey since you need this time off, you get the boot" Some places of employment are wonderful enough to provide you with pay while on your mat leave,,mine does not. I do have paid days off that i accumulate. I had over 230+ hrs saved for maternity leave, when this happened. I now will have about 50-60hrs left after all is said and done with. At least I have short term disability insurance that pays a stipend of around 1500$ a month if you are out for a certain period of time. It helps. I am ready to go back to work. I honestly couldn't be a stay at home mom for good. I need adult conversation. I wouldn't however be adverse to cutting my hours to one or two days a week to help with income and let my hubby work the rest. Unfortuneately, that is not in the cards for us at this moment in time.:nope:
When I had my first period after my d&c it was long and filled with a lot of old brown blood..sorry tmi..but otherwise it was ok.
Temping is something, I find I can't seem to master as i do not have good sleep patterns. Good luck to you on that.
Sam...hope you got your walk in for the day..and I hope this is the month we can all catch that Easter egg
:hi: to all the preggers that keep coming back to cheer us on..:)

:
Sam: How's the shoulder? Have you been able to get out and do some running yet, or are you still too sore?
So, have you finally gotten a 'real' period? I hope this cycle is THE ONE for you! :happydance:
It must be hard feeling torn between two homes, but in the end you need to do what's best for you, right? Would it be at all possible to extend your stay and have your OH come stay with you in AZ?

HI Anna! The shoulder is improving daily. I'm still not able to run yet, but I have been hiking a bit with poles and next week I am going to be able to run again!! :) I have actually had the progesterone-withdrawal period and then, just last week, a real period, a 28-day cycle and a temp rise that showed O. I was really pleased to see all of that, especially since I was told that the anesthesia and the pain medications were likely to mess my cycle up entirely. But I guess the progesterone did what it was supposed to and knocked things back into line. Thank GOD. I was losing my mind there.

It is definitely hard being torn between two places, but, to be honest, I don't feel terribly attached to Scotland (even though I love the people and find it beautiful). If OH weren't over there, there would be no question of returning for any length of time. This whole health thing just scared the pants off of me. I want to be in a medical system that makes sense to me. OH is planning to spend a few weeks here in April and then maybe a few in May (if I don't get cleared to leave in May). But finally, unless he can find a job over here, he won't be able to stay for long. So back I will go. :shrug:

Give temping a chance. It gets easier. And it really does provide you with an idea of your own personal pattern, which will make things easier. How are things with your job? What happened, finally? :hugs:

SAM...that is great news..I am glad your OH is coming back. I love your PMA. I have everything fx'd for you to get your :bfp: this month. If you get preggo this month what would your due date be. I'm glad you helped me out with the CBFM question.. I was under the impression it tested saliva and urine..thanks. I too have been in a better mood these days. I hope it continues.

Love: I'm glad you are in a better mood too! :happydance: Will you find out if you can go back to work tomorrow? If I do get knocked up this cycle, my approximate due date would be Dec 28th. Talk about the very last days of the year!! How fun would it be to be late and have a baby in the very first few minutes of a new year? :thumbup:

Sam..glad to hear that you are ablt to start running next week. It always makes me feel good. I can understand your worries going through a medical system you're not quite sure about. Here in the states we can really do a lot of picking and choosing with our health care as we don't have the government involved, but that is soon to change with Obamacare.
A new year with a new :baby: sounds delightful.. My due date would be Dec 26th if I got knocked up this month. I had to chuckle over your term there (knocked up) as I say that all the time and people look at me crazy like I should be saying 'if I get pregnant', but can't help myself.
Anna, New, Mpepe,..hope you're doing ok

afm..went to dr today and she said I can start back to work on fri. As for late ovulation and my concerns regarding that, she said that the surgery and loss of my left ovary may have messed up my cycles for a little bit that I need to track them for a while and see what happens before she will do anything definitive. I think I o'd earlier than usual last month. I'm not sure exact date as I didn't use my opks only my body and the prescence of ewcm. I can say it was definitly earlier than the previous months before the cyst. This month I will have opks in hand (i hope, as i ordered them offline) and hope that this is a sticky month for us.
Happy Easter Huevo hunting everyone..:haha:
:hi: to all the preggo's that come to visit us.

GREY..I would be completely frustrated if my cycles were doing that. I am an impatient person, a fact that I must admit about myself:winkwink:but doesn't the cbfm usually test your saliva and use opk tests?? help me out here NEW,,is this correct?...if it is so,,you could always buy seperately the opks and the saliva scope..I purchased one off line for 20$ and the opks are rather cheap on line as well..Just wondering if that would help a little with cost and all.

CBFM just tests FMU and gradually learns your cycle so asks you to POAS on different days to identify high and peak days.. they state that if you BD on these days, your chance of conceiving is increased.
I am now on month 6 of using it so don't know if its helped me in that way but definitely takes the guess work out of O.
You can get up to 5 high days plus your 2 peak days and you usually O on the 2nd peak day.

Mine asks me to POAS on CD6 and then stops once it identifies first peak, then gives you an automatic 2nd peak and then a high before returning to low.

Hope this helps - any more questions, please ask. I have spent months learning how it works.

Thanks Anna. I am happy, but still nervous. Hopefully I will be able to relax once I have had my 12 week scan (if everything is ok). Taking each day as it comes.

Hey mpepe. Sorry to are back in the OTWW. Hope this cycle is yours, Hun.

Glad you can start back at work, Love. Great news for you.

Hi to everyone else :hi:
xx

:hi: ladies!
glad to see you're back on the thread Anna! :hugs:

CD14: been DTD and doing OPKs.

my BD so far:
Mar 26 (CD10) - estimated start of FERTILE DAYS: :sex: (night - Preseed, Softcup)
Mar 27 (CD11) - FERTILE: :sex: (midnight), watery CM, faint OPK (FMU),
Mar 28 (CD12) - FERTILE: :sex: (morning), O cramps, EWCM, negative OPK (FMU, 3pm), very very faint OPK at 7pm, :sex: (night - Preseed),
Mar 29 (CD13) - FERTILE: EWCM, cramps, faint OPK (FMU/3pm/7pm)
Mar 30 (CD14) - FERTILE: small amount of EWCM, cramps, faint OPK (FMU, 12:30pm),

thinking Im about to O any day now.... hoping to get some action tonight and another midnight session :winkwink: i think those are the best ones.. LOL we'll see how it goes LOL Im also hoping to BD every other day starting today.... FXd.

:hug:

Sounds like you have a good routine going there Lisa.
Fingers crossed you catch that egg!
xx

Hi ladies! Sorry I have not popped in much over the last day or so, I have been pretty slammed at work with meetings.

Anna--so good to hear from you hun! Glad to see you are doing well and getting all that exercise in!

mpepe--so sorry the witch got you. :hugs: I hope you get better results this cycle!! Hope you start feeling better soon hun. :hugs:

sam--glad to hear you are healing so well and getting in lots of exercise!! Hope you and your OH are able to work something out so you can be together and in a place where you feel comfortable with the care you need!

love--- yay on being able to get back to work on friday! :happydance: i hope your cycles straighten out soon so you are able to get more reliable info on your O days--and hoping even more that you don't need to temp for long as you get your bfp!!!

Lisa--good job on the bding! looks like you have a great plan!!

New/Grey--thinking about you ladies and hope you are doing well today!

Hope you all catch your easter eggs this month!!!!

hey ladies!

I got my pos OPK with FMU today. I will do another test at 2pm. what do you think?

:hugs:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 7
:happydance: That's a positive! Get to that :sex: girl!! Hope you catch that egg!

thanks Amber! I will be DTD tonight maybe twice and the next 2 days. Im going to use Preseed to assist as well. Im having EWCM but a little more won't hurt right?! :winkwink:

That's a definite POSITIVE...get busy girl..fx'd you catch that eggy..

just an update: I think I got my pos opk on the way down. tested at 1:30pm and it was faint. I think my surge may have started late last night, maybe around 10ish...

I've been reading and some say we O 12-48 hours after first pos OPK and some say 12-48 hrs after last pos OPK.... I could be Oing right now.... Eggy can live up to 12-24hrs so I am still hoping I catch it.

wish me luck ladies...

:hugs:

Certainly a + Lisa - congrats!
I'm still technically in this thread as I haven't ovulated yet, sorry I haven't been around and supported. I haven't wanted to bring you all down with my whining about not ovulating yet.
How are you all doing? Thought I should catch up with you all :)

Lisa: I hope you caught that :cool: - it sounds like you've gotten in lots of :sex: so hopefully this is your month!

Sam: :wohoo: on the first real AF. I can't imagine how frustrated you must've felt the last few months. I'd really love to see your name on the first page of the Femmes Fetales thread this month. I also hope I can join you there! :friends:
I know what it's like to feel torn between two places - I love Quebec, but I miss my family and my English-speaking friends...and I really miss the ocean! But I love my DH too and he's so secure in his job that it would be silly for us to relocate, at least for now.
Maybe it would help if you thought about what you liked about Scotland, besides the fact that your DH is there...

Love: Back to work for you! :happydance: Getting back to the normal routine always helps. Let this be your month!

Grey: Whine away. That's what we're here for! Also, life can be so boring without whines and mopes and sulks and tears and...well, we're stuck with it, so let it out! :friends: I might be right there with you stuck in OTWW limbo - this is my first AF after the D&C so I have no idea what to expect. :wacko:

Amber and Shell: Wishing you all the best. Hang in there - the 2nd tri is right around the corner!

AFM: Still exercising and eating better but don't seem to be losing any weight. So, feeling a bit frustrated about that. :dohh:
Still have AF but it definitely hasn't been like my usual cycle - a lot lighter and less cramps. I'm worried that this isn't even a real AF and my body is just messing with me. My temps seem to be all over the place and I just don't get it.
Question for all the ladies who temp or have temped: I've been temping the last 3 mornings and each reading is quite different:
CD1 = 36.8
CD2 = 36.5
CD3 = 36.7

Is this normal??????

Durrrrr, I'm feeling quite frustrated with everything at the moment...

Grey..I agree with Anna..this forum and our group are here to listen..we all have moments like that. I know when my o days were getting later and later every month due to my cyst..i was completely irritable and impatient.
Lisa..i hope you caught your huevo
anna..maybe you are just now building muscle..I am anxious to see what I have acomplished come sunday as it's my weight watchers weigh in day.
sam..hoping you are doing ok tonight
afm: was disappointed my opks didn't arrive in the :mail: today..hoping they show up by tomorrow..fx'd that we all make it to the front page of the femme fetales page.
I did a 4 mile walk today..had to take a break from running as I have shin splints and had to ice them tonight, otherwise today has been pretty boring. I am hoping the sun comes out warm enough to sun bathe. I need to get the sun in while I can before I go back to work sunday night..

Lisa: I hope you caught that :cool: - it sounds like you've gotten in lots of :sex: so hopefully this is your month!

Sam: :wohoo: on the first real AF. I can't imagine how frustrated you must've felt the last few months. I'd really love to see your name on the first page of the Femmes Fetales thread this month. I also hope I can join you there! :friends:
I know what it's like to feel torn between two places - I love Quebec, but I miss my family and my English-speaking friends...and I really miss the ocean! But I love my DH too and he's so secure in his job that it would be silly for us to relocate, at least for now.
Maybe it would help if you thought about what you liked about Scotland, besides the fact that your DH is there...

AFM: Still exercising and eating better but don't seem to be losing any weight. So, feeling a bit frustrated about that. :dohh:
Still have AF but it definitely hasn't been like my usual cycle - a lot lighter and less cramps. I'm worried that this isn't even a real AF and my body is just messing with me. My temps seem to be all over the place and I just don't get it.
Question for all the ladies who temp or have temped: I've been temping the last 3 mornings and each reading is quite different:
CD1 = 36.8
CD2 = 36.5
CD3 = 36.7

Is this normal??????

Durrrrr, I'm feeling quite frustrated with everything at the moment...

Anna--That's a good idea. Maybe I need to get more involved in things when I get back to Scotland. That would help. I basically only arrived over there when we fell pregnant and then lost the baby and then I tore my shoulder, so I don't really have any friends over there. So this time I will have to make more of an effort.

As for your temps, those are pretty normal, especially during your AF. Temps during AF can be all over the place and yours seem pretty normal, but I've only been temping since November, so maybe someone with more experience will disagree. Are you using Fertility Friend to track temps? Also, they will be different if you take them at different times (but you probably know that, so just ignore me). Try not to be frustrated. :hugs: Take a few deep breaths and know that you will wake up one day and realize that you feel much better than you do now. Believe me; I tell myself this all the time and now it's finally happening. Be good to yourself, dear.

Happy Friday lovely ladies!

Anna--your temps are going to be ALL over the place during AF, so don't worry about them fluctuating right now. They should start to calm down a bit once your AF is over. However, if you have longer cycles (like a few of us), you will notice that your temps will bounce around a bit until about 4-5 days up to your O day. Mine used to be all over the place until about CD15 and then the spikes would be less erratic up to my O day (CD 23). Hope that info helps!

I also agree with Love--you are probably building lots of muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat, so you are actually losing fat and getting a better shape!

Love--hope your first day back at work goes well hun!! And I also hope you get lots of that sun you are looking for this weekend!! Thinking of you!

Grey--:hugs: sorry you have been feeling down of late hun. Don't worry about being down around us, we are all here for one another for love and support!! :hugs:

Sam--thinking of you and hope your are still recovering well! I know you have had a tough decision between the states and Scotland, and I hope when you go back you are able to enjoy and settle in a bit more! :hugs:

Wishing all of you ladies a wonderful weekend! :friends:

Hi OTWWers :howdy:

Hope you guys are doing well. Just wanted to pop in real quick and see how everyone's holding up. I know I've been MIA for a while now, and honestly I don't know when I'll be back on here in full swing. But I hope you guys know that I'm not being a stranger to you all.....it's just what I need to do for myself right now. You guys are definitely in my thoughts.

Good luck in catching that :bodyb: this month! :dust:

p.s. Grey, I'm so sorry that you're having a rough time deciphering your cycle this month. Easier said than done I know, but it's not over until the cow shows her face. So hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->