That OTHER 2 Week Wait!

Ladies, I hate to be a downer, but I just got bad FSH test results. Between that and the struggles between OH and me, I think it's time for me to throw in the towel and realize that I will never be a mom. :cry: I wish you all the very best and I thank you so much for your kindness and your support. I will be cheering you on toward your wee sticky beans. :hugs:

:hugs: Sam :hugs:
Pleast DO NOT get discouraged and dont give up. Not sure what your number is but mine is just a little under 12 and it's considered early stages of menopause (Im 36 :shrug:) BUT there is HOPE.. there is another test that the FS had me go in for, the AMH test and this test is more accurate for knowing what your Ovarian Reserve looks like.... that number for me confirmed that I have low ovarian reserve..... My doc has been pro-active and aggressive with my treatments and had me on 300iu of Follistim (FSH injectibles) - I produced 4 follies :happydance:, Ovidrel (trigger shot to bring on Ovulation), and IUI.... I had my IUI yesterday morning..... it went well but bcuz my cervix is way up high up there, doc had a little trouble getting to my cervix and had a little cramping and some spotting afterwards but nothing too bad.... I am now in the TWW and hoping for that :bfp:

you can PM me if you have any questions... I can walk you through everything I have been through since I found out my FSH number wasn't good. I nearly gave up but every appt I had with my FS, he kept giving us hope and I researched online about this diagnosis and searched BnB for success stories and there are plenty of them on here..... Please never give up HOPE.... Hope is really all we have next to Prayers... I'll be thinking of you sweety :hugs: :hugs:

grey..i made it home today and held my urine for four hours on the ride so i could poas and opk was a :bfn:..but i haven't been hitting my +'s until cd14/15ish..so i have a couple of days yet but since i have so many opk sticks i will test again tonight to see.. i hope to be in the tww soon again..we are just trying to dtd every other day until it gets positive. I strangely don't feel all :ninja: like i normally do around o time..but that may change with the wind...how are you doing???i hope well
sam ..thinking of you..:hugs:
:hi: to everyone
lisa..i think we crossed paths posting..lol...that is so promising..i love your pma...and you are correct hope is all we have left next to prayers..

Back from my holidays now relaxed and refreshed. We had an amazing time sunbathing, relaxing, sleeping, chilling out and I have to say lots of eating and drinking.

I would also like to let you all know that I got my :bfp: this morning at 15dpo.
Scared, excited and shocked...

I kind of feel awful mentioning it as I know all you girls are trying so hard and I know the feeling of elation for others followed by the heartache...
I am praying every one of you get yours soon and I truly mean that - you have all supported me in my battle and I don't think I would be here now without each and every one of you.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hope you get a positive soon Love!!!!

Wow New - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so pleased for you :D How's your OH taking it in??? I'm really happy for you, you've waited as long as any of us and so deserve it, so don't feel guilty for us ok? Enjoy your time!!!! :hugs:

new..i know you must be on :cloud9:..i know i would be. :happydance: oh do i hope to be soon as well.
grey..i hope it comes up + soon too..the surge got stronger looking tonight when i checked so i'm thinking maybe tomorrow or next day will i get a true +opk.. what cd are you on and are you done taking the clomid this cycle???
sam..how are you doing????:hugs:
lisa..sounds like it was a great plan for you:thumbup:

New - Huge Congrats!! :happydance:

Love - Hope that huevo comes along soon, and there are tons of :spermy: waiting to catch it!

Lisa - You're making great progress! So happy for you. :)

Grey - I agree with the others....it wouldn't hurt asking the doc for another round of Clomid. It has definitely helped regulate your cycles. Like Love said, the worst that can happen is that they say 'No'.

Sam - Hope you're feeling better. :hugs:

Neffie, I can't believe you're 15 + weeks already.... that's great, time is flying by.... I pray that your pregnancy continues to go well :hugs: and thanks for coming back and checking up on us sweety, I very much appreciate that you haven't forgotten about us :hugs: it really does mean a lot... :hugs:

got my +opk today ladies..dtd after returning from the beach..wore dh out..he's :sleep:ing on the couch now..he promises to go again later tonight, tomorrow and next day just to be onthe safe side..so i think the tww will begin for me on thursday
I agree with Lisa..i love that you preggo ladies come back to check up on us..we need the inspiration...especially us long termers who have been ttc for quite some time now.

OMG, I totally prefer the OTWW to the official TWW ... I can drink wine, I can go to the gym instead of :sex: and I can eat as much :pizza:as I want! With no guilt about how much nutrients the baby is getting!

:happydance::happydance::happydance: wohoo for positive OPK :happydance::happydance::happydance:

do you do the legs up on the wall thingy or pillow underneath your tushy???? the month I got preggo I did the pillow thingy, not sure if that helped or not but I know I got my :bfp: this time, I kept my knees up when doc finished the IUI and when hubby and I dtd that night I did the pillow thing again.... :winkwink:
good luck to you!!!!!

Lisa yes, i put pillow under tushy and turned around and placed my feet up on the head board of my bed to help keep legs up..lol..the things we do.. TMI alert::::my ob/gyn also said to have dh withdrawal as soon as he is finished letting go of his :spermy: as staying in can cause the sperm to die..so we have been doing that too
welcome Lucy..we have two sister threads to this one..once we enter the tww we go to femme fetales and then we have a femme fetales PAL thread once we graduate after getting our :bfp:

Hope you ladies left in here are doing well.. or all you all moved over to the tww.. ugh.. good luck.. fxed for you all..

Ok, so I thought I'd put together a list of things I did differently this time to help you guys get your :bfp:s as I need some friends:)

To be honest, the list is quite short - a holiday is top of that list although I really didn't go until the day of O so all the :sex: in preparation had already been done.

1) We DTD on cd 4,6,8,9, & 11 with my first CBFM peak on cd11 (so O'd probably on cd12). This for us is more sex earlier on in my cycle, we usually start around cd8.

2) I have been using Conceive Plus for a couple of months, but this month invested in a syringe and inserted it as high as possible just before sex EVERY time we DTD.

3) I had had a cold for a week or so before I went away (don't know if that has any relevance but I've heard of people saying they'd been ill before they got their bfp.

4) I got plenty of rest whilst away - lots of midday siesta's and slept an awful lot - DH struggled to wake me a couple of times in the afternoon - I was that sleepy :sleep:

5) Made DH withdraw soon after finishing - Love said it can kill sperm off so thought it was worth a try :haha:

Oh and DIDN'T put my legs up the headboard at all - couldn't be bothered this month.

I have tried everything I could think of over the last 12 months and I mean everything.

I pray for each and every one of you to get your bfps soon - I waited a year and I know how extremely hard it is - I simply cannot believe that it has happened for me :cloud9: I just hope that this time, it goes well.

New if you dont mind me asking... what happened last time.. was it just a mmc.. or ectopic.. if you dont want to tell me thats fine.. just curious.. as i dont know many ppls history.. just were all after the same thing and have all been through a loss.. or two..

New if you dont mind me asking... what happened last time.. was it just a mmc.. or ectopic.. if you dont want to tell me thats fine.. just curious.. as i dont know many ppls history.. just were all after the same thing and have all been through a loss.. or two..

I certainly don't mind you asking - we're all here for a reason... albeit a not very nice one.

I have had one previous loss which was an mmc discovered at 11+4 when I started spotting brown blood (which I was told was ok). But I insisted on a scan and baby measured around 7weeks.

Went in at exactly 12 weeks to have an ERPC and it was all over. That was August 23rd last year - almost a year ago.

Periods took 3 months to return after surgery and my cycles have been a bit messed up since - think that's the difference between a surgical procedure and a natural loss.

:hugs:

Ok, so I thought I'd put together a list of things I did differently this time to help you guys get your :bfp:s as I need some friends:)

To be honest, the list is quite short - a holiday is top of that list although I really didn't go until the day of O so all the :sex: in preparation had already been done.

1) We DTD on cd 4,6,8,9, & 11 with my first CBFM peak on cd11 (so O'd probably on cd12). This for us is more sex earlier on in my cycle, we usually start around cd8.

2) I have been using Conceive Plus for a couple of months, but this month invested in a syringe and inserted it as high as possible just before sex EVERY time we DTD.

3) I had had a cold for a week or so before I went away (don't know if that has any relevance but I've heard of people saying they'd been ill before they got their bfp.

4) I got plenty of rest whilst away - lots of midday siesta's and slept an awful lot - DH struggled to wake me a couple of times in the afternoon - I was that sleepy :sleep:

5) Made DH withdraw soon after finishing - Love said it can kill sperm off so thought it was worth a try :haha:

Oh and DIDN'T put my legs up the headboard at all - couldn't be bothered this month.

I have tried everything I could think of over the last 12 months and I mean everything.

I pray for each and every one of you to get your bfps soon - I waited a year and I know how extremely hard it is - I simply cannot believe that it has happened for me :cloud9: I just hope that this time, it goes well.

great list New.... Im also more of :sex: earlier in my cycle and usually start on cd8 too lol... did you take anything for your cold? if you did, I think that may have helped you as well... :thumbup: hubby always withdraws after he's done so Im good there.. :winkwink: lots of rest is good too...

Im so happy for you....

I pray that I get my :bfp: soon too so we can be bump buddies :hugs:

Thats terrible.. and im so sorry you had to go through that.. I am happy you made yourself be seen.. as you wouldnt have know till your 12 week scan otherwise.. so you will prob be nervous almost all of 1st tri.. like me.. who lost at 12 weeks..

PAL is so hard and wish nobody ever had to go through it.. Be sure to follow your instinct this time around too.. if things dont feel right.. no one knows you, like you.. So happy for you and praying for your sticky forever baby.. we all deserve this so much..

Didnt know that about a surgical loss.. that your cycles could be so wacky for such a long time.. as i had a natural loss.. think that kind is much easier.. cant wait to hear how your appt goes.. im sure all will go perfect this time.. :) Big big hugs.. and thanks for sharing.. I hate to pry..

great list New.... Im also more of :sex: earlier in my cycle and usually start on cd8 too lol... did you take anything for your cold? if you did, I think that may have helped you as well... :thumbup: hubby always withdraws after he's done so Im good there.. :winkwink: lots of rest is good too...

Im so happy for you....

I pray that I get my :bfp: soon too so we can be bump buddies :hugs:

I hope your IUI works (I know what it is now, thank you!) and you get your bfp - I have been looking for bump buddies but as I don't know everyone's backgrounds, I keep coming back here and am praying for my friends on here to get their bfp's :friends:

Thats terrible.. and im so sorry you had to go through that.. I am happy you made yourself be seen.. as you wouldnt have know till your 12 week scan otherwise.. so you will prob be nervous almost all of 1st tri.. like me.. who lost at 12 weeks..

PAL is so hard and wish nobody ever had to go through it.. Be sure to follow your instinct this time around too.. if things dont feel right.. no one knows you, like you.. So happy for you and praying for your sticky forever baby.. we all deserve this so much..

Didnt know that about a surgical loss.. that your cycles could be so wacky for such a long time.. as i had a natural loss.. think that kind is much easier.. cant wait to hear how your appt goes.. im sure all will go perfect this time.. :) Big big hugs.. and thanks for sharing.. I hate to pry..

You're not prying - I am happy to talk about it with you - its different talking it through with people who have been through the same.
I always feel that people who haven't are sympathetic but don't REALLY know what I went through...iykwim.

I have to ring on Monday to get an appointment - its a stupid system. You have to ring at 8am and basically its first come first served! (one of the downsides of the NHS) so I really hope I can get one.

The other problem is that I start work at 8 so will have to tell them I need to make an appointment. Not telling them why though!

wow..thanks for the tips New..I am feeling rather low and irritated :grr: right now..there is something new that i tried this month..or rather an old method i reused. I used the last of my ic opks in addition to the answer opk tests from the pharmacy (i bought the ic as they were more cost effective (the ic seem to show a surge quicker than the answer ones from cvs pharmacy) and the answer ones showed a stronger + today, better than yesterday. I had been wondering if i was a day off on o day from using those earlier sensitive opk's than the answer ones so i decided to retry them as that is the brand i got my :bfp: on...but the sad news is dh and i did not dtd today :( and i'm about to go to work..
he did attempt but the 'deposit' of :spermy: as he calls it, did not happen as he said he wasn't in the mood. I was left feeling irritiated and upset. We did dtd:sex: yesterday afternoon and last night before bed...do you think i am covered and if i have :sex: when i get home from work in the morning do you think i still have a chance???? Do you all think that o day is really tomorrow instead??? Dh says we will tomorrow that he needs time to rebuild his 'warriors' (we are both prior military..:rofl:)
Lisa..i hope we both can be bump buddies with New..and i hope your iui has done the trick for you.
lil..how are you doing??
Grey..how are you hun???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"