The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Just noticed my ticker says I'm supposed to ovulate today....well that would be nice!! Haha. But I'm not feeling too hopeful!!

I have been ttc for about a year and i have been asking to go to a fs for month now but finally whn i got here to hawaii the dr agreed to put my referral in. to me it all has happen so fast but anyways I went to my appt yesterday and the dr said that she thinks i have pcos from my symptoms and the fact that my cycles are so irregular> so she put me on metrofin ( i think that is how you spell it LOL) and she also gave my prenatals with folic acid. then she gave me paperwork to take to the lab on cd3 so that i can have bloods drawn to check my hormones, tyroid, diabetes and other stuff that i cant remember at this moment lol. and she also said that a couple of days after i have the blood work done she wants me to have an ultrasound.
So i took my first pill of met. at dinner Oh yeah and she said she wants me to lose 10 lbs but idealy 20lbs before i get preggo.if all my hormones are not showing anything crazy and the ultrasound is good she will put me on clomid!!!

That's fantastic! so glad to hear that the dr is moving things along! :)

I just dont know what to really expect with the metf. Does anyone have any info or would like to share their experience?

Just POAS and I think it's aaaaalmost positive!! It's about damn time!! :happydance: Hopefully tomorrow will be the no-doubt-about-it positive!!!

I just dont know what to really expect with the metf. Does anyone have any info or would like to share their experience?

Gueyilla - If it's metformin they put you on, I've hear it is really good for PCOS and helping with weight loss due to insulin resistance (which goes hand in hand with PCOS) I've seen a lot of good reviews for it. It is one of the things I'm guessing I'll be put on too if PCOS is confirmed when I see my doc. Good luck!

Gueyilla - If it's metformin they put you on, I've hear it is really good for PCOS and helping with weight loss due to insulin resistance (which goes hand in hand with PCOS) I've seen a lot of good reviews for it. It is one of the things I'm guessing I'll be put on too if PCOS is confirmed when I see my doc. Good luck!

My dr put me on metformin even before she did any blood work or anything. she just talk to me and when i told her that in the past yr i have gained 20lbs she say that it might be pcos. she really wants me to loose weight and see if that helps i have read that it can also help with egg quality and your :witch: to make it more regular

YAY Lisa- fx for that positive OPK tomorrow!

Gueyilla - sorry but I don't know much about Met... Hopefully you will have found a useful website by now. I am however surprised that they prescribed you with meds before any blood work. Will you be taking a blood test? Fingers crossed for that BFP very soon!

Rae- how you doing?

Cali- ditto- All OK with you?

Kendra the legal brain - what's the game plan this month?

RN- how's the little one doing? (Imagine you're on holiday right now).

Any others I have rudely forgotten- hope all's well!

Well AF has just finished for me and BD'd with the hubby this morning :) CD... er... 8 today. Off to docs for my internal ultrasound tomorrow. Was freaking out a bit yest. My doc is primarily checking for ovarian cancer and I have been googling it (bad idea) and it's all rather depressing. The doc prescribed the scan and blood work (to test for CA125- which is what they test for ovarian cancer). Scary mary... Morbidly started thinking what that would mean, hysterectomy? death? All very morbid. Trying to chill out right now.

Speak soon ladies.

x

Mk8 - I know, Google can be a very dangerous thing. I'm sure everything will be ok. :hugs:

No pos OPK this morning, so now I'm left confused. Last cycle I had my almost pos at night, then my definite pos the next morning. I guess last night's was just a fluke!

Morning ladies!

Mk8, I'm sure all is ok! Don't freak yourself out by googling.. That can only make things worse!

So, I am on CD7, finished the last of my Femara for this month... I haven't had many side effects, the one most noticeable is I wake up in the middle of the night with really bad hot flashes...Totally worth it if the medicine works of course!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Yes my dr gave me the meds if anything i think i will loose weight on them. i have to do my bloodwork on cd3 i am still waiting for :witch: to show her face.

Still playing the waiting game here. Not much else to report. I got my hair chopped off yesterday. I'll try to post something later today or tomorrow. I'm learning to deal with bangs all over again :)

My Psych when I was talking to him said that Metformin has a lot of undesirable side effects. I hope that doesn't happen to you guyeilla...

Mk- the game plan this time around is not to stress. We are going to DTD every 3 days or something around that and hope that that works. I'm not going to do anything else like OPK or charting. Just journaling symptoms and DTD every 3 days.

hey all

kasi- hopefully femara does the trick :)

rae- cant wait to see the bangs!

kendra-im liking the no stress. im not opk-ing or temping either. heres hoping the less stress method works!

lisa- perhaps you missed your positive? sometimes that can happen i think. do you temp?

No, I don't temp. But I've been doing like 3 opks a day (crazy woman :wacko:) so I don't think I missed it. Who knows!!

I was doing good, and wasn't going POAS crazy, until the day came and went last week when I was "supposed to" ovulate. So now I'm driving myself nuts and POAS like 3 times a day. I just had to order more OPKs, I only have like 5 left eeek! But hopefully I won't need them. My goodness this TTC stuff sure does drive a girl crazy.

On a sidenote - Anyone else notice that the prenatal vitamins are making your nails fabulous?! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->