The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Mk8 - No, I didn't get the #s/paperwork. I'm trying to chill the f#@$ out :haha: and I figure I'll be there on the 27th so I will ask for a copy then, and also ask a bit more about it. In the meantime she was going to send me names of urologists and hubby is going to make an appt, and then maybe cancel it depending on what I can find out at my appt.

Kendra - Love the story of how you got your bean. :)

Chat - Thanks for the info. Loving your relaxed attitude.

Well still no AF, thinking maybe I ovulated later than I thought. I had a dip on CD 62 maybe that was really my ovulation day. I guess if AF still isn't here by Monday I'll test again.

I would love that. But, the BFN today has me thinking no. Trying really hard not to get my hopes up. Doesn't help that a guy at work today said he was surprised we didn't have kids yet since we're coming up on our two year anniversary in a couple months.

I conceived the day before our two year anniversary raelynn ;)

had my first prenatal appt today, have to go back in 2 weeks which is pretty early but i'm on a lot of meds so we have to figure out which ones are safe and what alternatives we have. might hear the h/b in 2 weeks as well :) the nurse moved my due date to May 15 even tho she said i was 4 weeks and 3 days like i already have. hmmm...

Thats awesome Kendra. I figure if this cycle isn't the one, and my long cycles continue, I should be ovulating again around our two year anniversary and just a little before my 1 year TTC appointment. So maybe at that appointment I can just say "Hey, we're pregnant" unless I get one of my really long cycles and its another 100+ days, then that would kick me back passed the appointment.

My husband was in the process of booking his semen analysis appointment when we found out I was pregnant. So my story is so similar to yours! We had been trying since June 2010.

Not so relaxed now as feel AF is arriving! :( surprised at how disapointed i am when I knew we had no chance! Just hope we get our referal appointment Soon!

Rae - maybe a bfp will sneak up on you right before your appt! Fx for you.

Chat - :hugs: Onto next cycle!

I've been having really strong AF-like cramps, keep running to the bathroom to check but nothing so far. Temps are still high this morning. Why do our bodies play tricks on us?

Rae- I was very crampy before I found out I was pregnant. It's a little different than AF though- mine were more pinchy and felt like a stitch in my side, but the temp is what is making me think this may be it for you, you could have just implanted later!

The waiting is killing me but I know if I test again now and see another BFN I'm just going to feel dumb. I really don't think this is it for me, there was very little chance that we BDed close enough to ovulation to have made anything happen but this is the first time AF hasn't shown up right when I expected her to. (Even last cycle when I was wishing it to be a day late since I had my ultrasound, came right on time of course)

I was at my mom's for day 2 and 3 after I thought I ovulated so that could account for higher temps which made me think I had ovulated. So, if I can hold out, I'm going to wait until Sunday morning, see if my temps drop at all (that'll either be 17dpo or 13dpo) and then test with a FRER this time if temps are still up. I used an IC yesterday because I don't want to waste my FRERs because they're so expensive but now I'm not so sure I trust the IC.

Hey ladies. I got my hubby's SA results in the mail. Maybe I'm being dense , but they don't seem "that bad"....thoughts?? Be honest!!

Total sperm count: 48.0 million/mL, normal: >60 *World Health Org says 20 is normal?? Or am I reading this wrong: https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/no...erm-count.html

Motility: 40%, normal: >60% *Again, World health org says something different. They say 50% is normal. https://www.uhmc.sunysb.edu/urology/m..._ANALYSIS.html

Kinetics: 3=Straight ahead, moderate speed. (This is done on a scale of 0, 1, 1+, 2, 2+, 3, 3+, 4) Normal: between 3+ and 4

Hey ladies. I got my hubby's SA results in the mail. Maybe I'm being dense , but they don't seem "that bad"....thoughts?? Be honest!!

Total sperm count: 48.0 million/mL, normal: >60 *World Health Org says 20 is normal?? Or am I reading this wrong: https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/no...erm-count.html

Motility: 40%, normal: >60% *Again, World health org says something different. They say 50% is normal. https://www.uhmc.sunysb.edu/urology/m..._ANALYSIS.html

Kinetics: 3=Straight ahead, moderate speed. (This is done on a scale of 0, 1, 1+, 2, 2+, 3, 3+, 4) Normal: between 3+ and 4

I found this on wikipedia. According to this, his sperm count is fine and it says that if sperm count is higher than 20, lower motility isn't such a big issue. I'm with you, results don't seem as bad as you were initially told.

Sperm count, or sperm concentration to avoid mixup, measures the concentration of sperm in a man's ejaculate, distinguished from total sperm count, which is the sperm count multiplied with volume.[5] Over 15[6] million sperm per milliliter is considered normal, according to the WHO in 2010. Older definitions state 20 million.[1][2] A lower sperm count is considered oligozoospermia. A vasectomy is considered successful if the sample is azoospermic. Some define success with rare non-motile sperm are observed (fewer than 100,000 per millilitre).[7] Others advocate obtaining a second semen analysis to verify the counts are not increasing (as can happen with re-canalization) and others still may perform a repeat vasectomy for this situation.

The average sperm count today is around 60 million per milliliter in the Western world, having decreased by 1-2% per year from a substantially higher number decades ago.[8]

Chips for home use are emerging that can give an accurate estimation of sperm count after three samples taken on different days. Such a chip may measure the concentration of sperm in a semen sample against a control liquid filled with polystyrene beads.[9]
[edit] Total sperm count

Total sperm count, or total sperm number, is the total number of spermatozoa in the entire ejaculate. By WHO, lower reference limit (2.5th percentile) is 39 million per ejaculate.[6]
[edit] Motility

The motility of the sperm is evaluated. WebMD defines normal motility as 60% of observed sperm, or at least 8 million per millilitre, showing good forward movement.[2] The World Health Organization has a similar value of 50% and this must be measured within 60 minutes of collection. WHO also has a parameter of vitality, with a lower reference limit of 60% live spermatozoa.[6] A man can have a total number of sperm far over the limit of 20 million sperm cells per milliliter, but still have bad quality because too few of them are motile. However, if the sperm count is very high, then a low motility (for example, less than 60%) might not matter, because the fraction might still be more than 8 million per millilitre. The other way around, a man can have a sperm count far less than 20 million sperm cells per millilitre and still have good motility, if more than 60% of those observed sperm cells show good forward movement.

A more specified measure is motility grade, where the motility of sperm are divided into four different grades:[10]

* Grade 4: Sperm with progressive motility. These are the strongest and swim fast in a straight line. Sometimes it is also denoted motility a.
* Grade 3: (non-linear motility): These also move forward but tend to travel in a curved or crooked motion. Sometimes also denoted motility b.
* Grade 2: These have non-progressive motility because they do not move forward despite the fact that they move their tails.
* Grade 1: These are immotile and fail to move at all.

I am being blinded by science! Wow. But I agree that the numbers seem OK given what I have read in the past. You mention count, motility and kinetics. What about morphology? I am confused.

I think each lab has different levels for what is considered as "normal" on the basis their methods of testing can vary. Definitely worth discussing with the docs so that they can tell you about the specifics. Good luck with it!

Yeah I don't know, it doesn't list morphology. Is that kind of like kinetics? :shrug:

I dont think so Lisa as you said kinetics is about speed and kinetic means movement right? Morphology is to do with shape. Hmm... Try not to stress though. Speak to the doc face to face about it. Best of luck in getting some decent answers honey. In the meantime, enjoy spending the weekend with hubby. :)

Hey Ladies,

Wow, it has been a while since I've logged on here. It's good to see that a few of you are still going! I unfortunately still have not fallen pregnant. I felt like I was obsessing over ttc'ing at one point so I decided to just stop reading too much into whether I was pregnant or not and I abruptly decided that logging onto the forum wasn't helping me emotionally. My apologies for just dipping like that. Well, I am still ttc'ing and haven't stopped even though there have been months when I tried my best not to symptom spot or didn't take my temp. I've tried to let lose and not think about it much but the reality of it is that I still want my baby so we will keep trying!

Update: last month my hubby and I went to a fertility center. A vaginal ultrasound was done on me as well as a pelvis examination. At the time the u/s was being done I was about to ovulate and saw that my follicle was quite large. That was reassuring to know that everything is working the way it should. I was told that nothing is wrong with me but they suggested taking clomid not to ovulate b/c I already do that naturally, but to help release more than one egg to better the chances. I'm still in this cycle of trying clomid for the first time so I'm unsure of what may come out of it. If this month isn't successful, I will get the HSG test done to make sure that my tubes are open. I'm in my dreaded tww though. I'm glad to know that nothing is "wrong" with me, however sometimes I wonder if it would be more helpful to correct something that was wrong rather than not knowing what to correct. It's quite frustrating I'd have to say.

I've decided that if the clomid doesn't work for the next couple cycles, I will attempt IUI's. I have reason to believe that my CM is acidic and killing off my DH's sperm. I tried a baking soda trick that I read about this cycle but not sure if that worked. I will find out soon if any of the new stuff I tried this cycle will work. I've been ttc since December...

Hope you ladies are well overall. Have a wonderful weekend and as always...BabyDust to You! :dust:

MrsGrimes- How wonderful to hear from you. I would have of course rather hear you got your BFP than you needing time away, but honey, that's absolutely fine. SOmetimes I too feel its a bit much logging on (though I cant keep away!) It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I hope that Clomid does the trick for you and there is no need for an HSG or other tests. You havent hit the 1 yr mark MrsGrimes so I am rooting for you! Welcome back.

As for me, still TTC. Have been trying since Jan. I had a transvaginal u/s too and they said everything was normal in size. Didnt confirm any follicles but I was only on CD 9 and I tend to ovulate after CD14. Just gotta wait n see. Hubby will get SA done next month and we will cont until the end of the yr. doc said he would put me on fertiliy meds if nothing happens by then. WOuld be interesting to hear what you think of Clomid in due course.

x

Hey MrsGrimes, good to see you!! We missed you around here. :hugs: Sorry that you haven't gotten that BFP yet, but glad to see that all your tests have come out good. I totally understand the feeling of almost wishing something was "wrong" so that you could easily fix it. I hope you're feeling more relaxed after taking a little break. What makes you think your CM is acidic??

Mk8 - Yeah I didn't think so either. So I don't know, morphology wasn't listed. Oh well. I'm actually much more relaxed after seeing results (which the doctor mailed without me asking her to haha) since the numbers aren't all that low. Thanks for your support chick!

Oh and Rae I forgot to thank you for the great info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->