The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Yes do share your experience with Clomid, since it seems a few of us are headed down that road! :blush:

mk8 - I really hope that this cycle of trying new things have helped out also. Other than the clomid and baking soda, I tried Preseed and a Softcup as well. I truly hope there's no need for the HSG test either. Well, my personal thoughts on clomid so far. It was a lot easier on my hormones than I thought it was going to be. I honestly didn't feel/see much difference in my body when taking clomid. The only thing I noticed which was a bit strange, was on CD15 I passed a large clump of EWCM (sorry tmi). That is not normal for me. I don't ever have EWCM. I had read that many women complain of clomid making them very dry but after my experience, I did some research and many women have experienced the opposite, like me! That was exciting to see for the first time.

Lisa - As far as my CM, I think it's acidic for a number of reasons. I've noticed that I often feel a slight acidic burn when I pee and that's especially during ovulation (apparently your ph levels change and your more acidic then). Now, don't get me wrong, it's not a yeast infection kind of burn. When I pee it feels like it's gonna burn but it doesn't, just feels like it's acidic..so hard to explain. Same kind of feeling when you have indigestion or something...you just feel that slight burn but not painful. This has always been the norm for me but after doing some reading, I realized that this may be my issue. It's been the norm for me so I've overlooked it for years. However, I told my DH about my findings and he expressed to me his experience during BD'ing after thinking about it. He said that when he releases, he feels it acidic inside. Not burning but just slightly acidic. He says its always worse during the time I ovulate. Not to mention, my CM during that time is watery...clear and watery. I also read some other symptoms that I have. There is a test called post-coital that checks to see if your partner's sperm is actually surviving in your environment. I haven't asked about the test b/c apparently it's not popular. I also found out that you can check your ph levels online somewhere so I'm probably going to do that. Sorry for the elaborate answer...its just a little challenging trying to explain it.

Thank you ladies for your encouraging words and support. It really helps when you can talk to others going through your same issue. My mother in law a couple weeks ago told me that I was trying to hard and maybe that's why I wasn't conceiving. I couldn't help but get frustrated with that comment. My husband and I have been together for years and didn't start actively ttc'ing until months ago. My problem is not b/c I'm trying too hard, if that was the case, I would have already gotten pregnant during the years we never tried and I wasn't on any birth control! So...needless to say, it's so nice to talk to you wonderful ladies.

I take that back...I did feel another symptom while on clomid which I think happens to pretty much everyone if I'm not mistaken. You feel ovulation pain before, during, and for me, afterwards. However, I don't mind that very much. I kind of like feeling that everything is working the way it should. ;)

Lisa- I think your DH's levels, probably for his age, are abnormal, but not as bad as they made it sound. The averages are going to be taken from a whole age range of men, so I would assume there is a higher average for men who are of the most fertile age. I would say you guys still have a great chance, I would look into the instead cups, there is someone on another thread I am in that is trying that this cycle. I think a lot of it is that your cycles are so long so you have a smaller chance of conceiving like those of us with a 28 day cycle do. For every 1 of your cycle you get one chance to try for conception, and I would get 3-4 tries. I know its not fair, but this means its likely that its going to take you a long time to get the timing down to a science. I know its hard not to stress, but stress is counterproductive to conceiving, so try not to :)

I agree completely! Having experience with freakishly long cycles I can almost guarantee that our issue is timing...I'm all ready to go in the beginning of the cycle but by the time O finally rolls around, I'm so tired of all the planning that we keep missing it. (Or hubby is away during O time since we can't plan around it)

Hopefully this next cycle will be the one for those of us still trying.
Lisa - have you Oed yet this cycle?

Kendra - Yeah I get what you're saying. I'm so very relieved that my hubby's results weren't too bad. To me they seem a bit low but workable....not low as in like, need to go straight to IVF, which of course I was imagining.

Rae - I also think that our main obstacle is my long cycles - this one has thus far been anovulatory, and I think the last one (61 days) was too. I'm hopeful that that can be somewhat easily fixed, and that our BFP will shortly follow. Your dr appt is in November right?

Yes, my 1 yr appointment is in November, just before Thanksgiving. Don't give up on your cycle yet Lisa! My last cycle was 110 days and I'm pretty sure I still ovulated (going by my temps)

My temperature dropped this morning finally, not below my coverline but it was still a significant drop. Guessing AF will be here tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

Lisa are you on anything to shorten these cycles? I would be busting down my gynocologist's door!

:haha: Yes I go back the 27th. I went in June and she wanted me to chart for 3 months and come back. I bet she wasn't expecting me to come back with one GIANT chart! :rofl:

Hopefully she prescribes you clomid when you go in later this month! I thought TTC was hard enough, I can't even imagine having to wait 80+ days for my cycle to end.

Lisa, I'm jealous. I have to wait until November and even then my doc doesn't want to rush into clomid. Hubby has to get his SA first and they're going to check for blockages in my tubes. Bleh!

Rae I'm not positive that she will just hopeful!! Hopefully not delusional! Lol

Hope for your sake she does! I just have to jump through some testing hoops before I can get any help.

Yeah, who knows she might want me to do other stuff first as well. :shrug: But I'm hoping that since everything else on my end had come back normal so far, the first course of action will be to try Clomid.

Does your dr have reason to suspect blocked tubes??

No, she just said that, even if she puts me on meds to stimulate ovulation, it won't help any if hubby's SA comes back with poor results or my tubes are blocked. So, we have to check those first.

So AF has arrived this morning. Kinda bummed but on to the next cycle. Just wish I didn't have to wait so long until we can try again.

Hey Rae, sorry to hear that AF has arrived - how long was your cycle this time? Are you trying any meds/therapies to try to shorten it at all?

Regarding the tests before Clomid (if you need it!), I think it is a good idea. I think it is good to check the tubes and hubby's SA is OK before putting you on meds rather than going straight in to Clomid- dont want to waste time etc. I am sure that everything is OK, given the long cycles, I think the issue is lack of/poor ovulation and thus timing on the BD front. Best of luck and chin up honey.

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

My cycle was 74 days this time. The long cycles for me are caused by PCOS. This time around I'm going to try going back on a low carb diet since that has helped in some cases. I got a PCOS book but haven't had a chance to read through it yet and now I'm really irritable thanks to AF and cramps and don't feel like looking at it. I'll probably pick it up in a few days when the worst of AF is over and see if it has any helpful tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->