The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Sorry AF got you Chat. Relax and enjoy the holidays, maybe you'll get a new years surprise. :)

Rae - Good luck this week. I bet you're as anxious as I am to start Clomid. It's just so sucky waiting forever and missing so many chances. I'm only on my 6th cycle since last October....I feel like we've barely had a chance to try, but have been trying forever at the same time. Ugh! :growlmad:

quick hello girls. things have been a bit crazy on my side regarding non ttc related things- just been a bit low so havent wanted to come on here, but am thinking of you all.

chat- sorry that af got you.

im actually on cycle 1 of clomid. doc prescribed it after i went to see him with hubby's sa results last month (which were good. 35m/ml count, 6.3ml total volume, 41% progressive, 3% non progressive, 56% non-motile, 7% normal form. overall results "normal"... do you think those results are super, average or below average but normal?) anyway, doc doesnt want to send me for an hsg (cost! i hate the uk nhs at times. need to wait until nxt june to do that. so doc said i can try clomid if i want- to which i yelped "hell yeah". im on cd15 now and i think i ovulated. i did opks and got a dark line on cd13 (earlier than my norm) but it wasnt darker than my control line. though my pee sticks have turned lighter again so perhaps i just had v diluted pee when i tested on cd13? anyway... i hope this is it. just feel a bit "blah" about it all now.

wishing you all a bfp christmas gift! x

Hey mk8, been thinking of you! Hope everything is ok. :hugs: Well who knew we'd turn into a thread of Clomid takers?! :haha: I hope that it will be a magic pill for all of us. Not sure about your hubby's results, but I'd say if your doctor says they're ok you should be all set. My dr said my hubby's are a bit low (I don't have #s in front of me) but not low enough to freak out about it, so we aren't worrying about that now. It makes sense that Clomid would move up your ov a tiny bit, so I would just go with ovulation on cd13. Good luck!

Rae - Good luck this week. I bet you're as anxious as I am to start Clomid. It's just so sucky waiting forever and missing so many chances. I'm only on my 6th cycle since last October....I feel like we've barely had a chance to try, but have been trying forever at the same time. Ugh! :growlmad:

Lisa, I completely agree. I'm very anxious and hope Clomid helps. I just started my 6th cycle too which seems completely ridiculous for having been trying for 13 months now. Waiting for all the results seems like forever because I'm just ready to try the next step. My obgyn knows it too :) When I saw her for my 1 year she said "I bet you're ready to have a baby by now aren't you?" Yes, please!

Lisa, I completely agree. I'm very anxious and hope Clomid helps. I just started my 6th cycle too which seems completely ridiculous for having been trying for 13 months now. Waiting for all the results seems like forever because I'm just ready to try the next step. My obgyn knows it too :) When I saw her for my 1 year she said "I bet you're ready to have a baby by now aren't you?" Yes, please!

Wow, talk about living the same life huh?!

I had my HSG done today. It was a lot easier than I expected. I had a little cramping when my doctor was putting in the catheter but other than that it was fine. She said my tubes were perfect with no blockages and that this was actually the easiest HSG she's done. So now we're just waiting for hubby's SA results to come in. She told me to make an appointment with her office to go over everything so of course I called as soon as I got home since I'm in a rush to get things moving forward :) I have an appointment right after Christmas. And, assuming the SA comes back fine, it'll be on to Clomid!

YAY! :happydance: See, told you it was a piece of cake!! Can't wait to hear about your appt after xmas!

Yeah. Thanks for filling me in, Lisa. It made me stop freaking out so much. It was really not bad at all. My obgyn was running late to the appointment because she got called in for an emergency c-section. Hopfully it'll be me she's running to help with soon! I figure my appointment will be a Christmas present to myself :) Merry Christmas, here's your Clomid. She told me to take advantage of this cycle since normally after an HSG you're more fertile. That is if I can manage to ovulate before my next appointment. We'll see.

When is your next appointment, Lisa?

Rae, really pleased that the hsg went well. Hurrah to clomid and that bfp.

I'm on cd21, for some reason, I'm not feeling this is the month. I'm a bit worried about my tubes and frustrated that my doc won't refer me for and hsg until next jun- when he thinks I've hit 2 yrs! Reality will be 18 months. I'm on clomid which is good but I think I used to o on my own. Hmmmm ah well eh? Gotta stay positive!

Lisa- you doing ok?

Chat- how about you?

Hey mk8,
Sorry you feel ur not getting anywhere fast. But June will come round soon enough! I can't believe we have been trying for a year now, I thought we would have a bubba by this Xmas!
Glad everyone else is Ticking along nicely :)
I'm just waiting for my next o......I have till may the another App with the specilist....hoping we won't need though.

Xxxxx

mk8 - Don't lose hope! Clomid is supposed to make you a lot more fertile so it may just be the kick you need. I'm fairly certain I am still ovulating too but it is really really late in my cycle...like CD 50-100+ so I feel our issue is probably egg quality and probably also not always catching my ovulation days since it is hard to predict. Keeping my fingers crossed that hubby's SA comes back ok and that the issue just lies with my irregular cycles since that is fixable. How long have you been taking Clomid?

Chat - I'm with you. I thought for sure we'd be pregnant by now. Just goes to show that we can't plan everything out. I'm learning to be a bit more patient as time goes by. Early on I was always crushed when AF came but since it has been so long now I've sort of taken on the 'onto the next cycle' attitude.

On a side note, Fertility Friend thinks I ovulated on CD 6 which is pretty laughable. I have never had a short cycle in my life. I think its called - it got cold so I put more blankets on the bed :)

Hopefully we all see those two lines soon!! Hoping for some New Year babies for all of us!

MK8 - Sorry you're feeling down. Like Rae said, Clomid may just be the little bit of extra help that you need. Try and stay positive, don't worry about your tubes, if you have no reason to think anything is wrong with them, there probably isn't. :hugs:

Rae - Imagine!! CD6!!! That would be AMAZING!! :rofl:

I'm doing good! It's cd1 today!! :yipee: Excited to start a fresh, new, polyp-free cycle!! I have my appt Wednesday to follow-up after my surgery and hopefully get my Clomid presciption. I will be cd5...how perfect is that timing?! Hope everything is happening for a reason!! :thumbup:

That is great Lisa! So excited that we're both headed for new options! Did you doc tell you how many rounds of clomid you'll be on? I'll only get 3 with my obgyn and no monitoring then if that doesn't work she'll refer me to an FS to monitor the next 3 rounds. Luckily, the main fertility center in the state is right down the road from us. Hubby went there for his SA. So at least it is convenient.

My appointment is the 27th so I have to wait until then. FF finally got things worked out since I had a lower temp this morning. I knew I couldn't have a cycle that short, that would just be really bizarre. I'm hoping that my doc will prescribe prometrium for me again on the 27 to end my cycle so I can start clomid. She's prescribed it for me twice already but each time I was already in the TWW so I knew just to wait a few days for AF to show so I haven't actually taken any yet. I really hope she doesn't make me wait it out until AF comes on her own since that could take months! The 27th will be CD 29 for me so I should be ok to take prometrium by then and have an almost normal length cycle.

I know, very exciting for us both!! I'm pretty sure over the summer when I had my appt and we first talked about Clomid, she said we'd try it for 3 months and then she'd refer me to an RE....so once again just like you! :) Nice that yours is so convenient. Ours is about 20 mins away, at Women & Infants Hospital in Rhode Island. That's where my HSG and my surgery were too. I feel good going there, knowing that they're the best of the best in the area!

Ugh. Day 2 of pads, can't use tampons for 2 weeks after my surgery. Feel like I'm 13 again. :dohh: Whoever invented tampons is a genius!!

Oh wow. That really stinks. I was just thinking the other day that I remember when I was younger thinking I'd never use tampons. Wow have times changed.

FF is back to thinking I ovulated early which makes no sense based on my temps. Weird. I'm so impatient, I wish I really would ovulate early so we can try again.

Well ladies I'm officially a Clomid chick!! Taking my first pill tonight, 25 mg!! Hope it's enough, I've never heard of anyone on 25!! :happydance:

Thanks mk. How are things with you?? Any side effects or anything??

Im ok lisa but spotting today at 11dpo, cyclevday 26 so think im out. Boo!

No real side effects, in fact im wondering if it did anything! I took 50mg days 2-6. Had more ewcm than before around my fertile period, got an almost pos opk cd13 (usually on cd15) but ff said i ovd on cd15. Cramps around 7dpo, but temps fell from 8dpo which i wasnt expecting. Also spotting a day earlier than i normally do! Will you opk and temp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->