The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Hello ladies :)

In answer to how long ive been ttc, since jan this year. I'm on cycle 5, cd 24. Never been pregnant before. Aged 30 (31 next month). Dh 31.

I've had two definite positive opks and one kinda positive (lines about the same) in the 3 months I have opkd. I have charted for three months and there is kinda a pattern but the temps can be a touch erratic. So no idea if i definitely o.

Temps thid morning dropped.:( not a good sign and was pretty upset.

Dh doesn't think we have been trying long but im wondering if somethings up so want to go to the doctors. It's early but I havr been having on off dull pains in my pelvic region so I want that checked.

Cali, sorry to hear about your test results but agree with Lisa that at least you're on the right track now. Question i have is whetjer they can only test if you o this cycle? Maybe one ovary is ok? What did you find when you did opks last cycles? Recall u don't temp. keep us. Posted n good luck. X

I went in on March 1st for a doc appt. I had called and told them I hadn't gotten my period in almost 2 months and tests were negative. That day he did an exam, drew some blood and told me to come in on the 10th for an ultrasound and he'd review my blood work with me then. When I went in on the 10th, the u/s was fine, no PCOS, nothing. He said my blood work confirmed I wasn't ovulating. I never did find out the numbers. But he gave me the prescription that day for the provera and the Clomid.
I only took 2 Provera pills and got my period, so I think it was already on its way.
I told him I was growing facial hair where I shouldn't be and was having hot flashes. So he asked me how I wanted to go about treating it. He said birth control would be a way to regulate my periods but wouldn't help with the hormonal problems. Then he asked me if we wanted to get pregnant and I told him we had been NTNP since June 2010 and we wouldn't mind getting pregnant. (I didn't want to sound desperate and tell him I wanted a baby and to give me clomid now....LOL). But he gave me Clomid anyways.

They said i ovulated first month with progesteron of 11.1.

Cali - I think they say progesterone over 10 indicates ovulation. But yours wasn't far off. I dont see why you couldnt have ovulated.
But Kendra is right, the U/S is to rule out PCOS.

I went to the doc today and got my blood drawn. My doc wasn't in the office today so it was just blood work. :(
She said to call tomorrow for the results and they would tell me when he wanted me to come in. Hopefully its ASAP. Im anxious!!!!

***I took another FRER today :blush:
The test line was way darker and thicker than control. So I know my levels are still increasing. And it wasn't even with FMU or SMU. :dance:

Rn, Haha, you poasaholic! Good to hear that lines are looking good.:)

Also sounds like you had a v good doctor. I'm booked in to see mine about these abdominal pains over the past 4 months. Will also mention I've been ttc to see if he does suggest tests. Unlikely tho as he refused to refer me for a scan when I found a lump last yr he said it was fatty lump and superficial from just touching it. it was fine though.

Hi girls! OK so the update... apparently I have a couple cysts on both sides.. the Dr. that I saw ( mine was out today) said she thought they would go away on their own. So that was good... she does not think I have pcos, because I would have more cysts. So she wants to show the pics to my dr. to see how she wants to proceed, and she will call me tomorrow. Most likely I will be starting clomid as well! So I am excited to be moving in the right direction! :)

mk8 I am still keeping my FX for you! Do you love your OB?? Maybe if not you should see a new one... by me telling them I didn't get a +opk for the last few months that was all it took for them to order my blood work...

rn... any morning sickness yet?! Or other symptoms that are new with the pregnancy?

How is everyone doing?

Hey Cali :wave:

I havent had any new symptoms yet. Just that one bout of nausea on tuesday but nothing terrible since.

Ive got:
Sore bbs and they've increased in size a lot already ( :dance: )
Some mild backaches and some minor cramping, more like a fullness or stretching i guess
And believe it or not, my uterus looks bloated twice the size it normally gets for my period. Or im just getting fat on my own, one of the two. LOL!!!!
I think my swollen uterus is making my pudge a little more noticeable. :rofl:

Thats about it. It stil hasn't really sunk in yet. I guess im just holding my breath until the doc gives me the results tomorrow.

You are part of the BumperStickers now... you will get great news tomorrow!!! :)

Did you have ms with your first... son right?!

I did, but it didn't start until I was about 7 or 8 weeks I think and it lasted about 4-6 weeks. It was a nightmare. I worked in the ER then too and I was always running to the bathroom! LOL!!!

I actually lost weight in my first trimester with my son because I was so sick. Im hoping to not gain too much weight this time because Ive already gained enough in the past year!!!! Im aiming for about 15 lbs. That should be sufficient.....I hope.

Well I finally maybe have an update. I have super light spotting today. Nothing major but I am so excited that this cycle may be ending. I have never wanted my period to come so bad in my life. Just hoping the spotting isn't all that is going to happen and that it'll lead to AF soon.

Rn- your too funny! Maybe you will not get ms this time, and it will be a little girl! :)

Rae- when can your dr. get you in, I can't remember? Not till June?? Sounds like you need exactly what rn needed?!

mk8- when do you go in?

Got a call from nurse ( I needed to verify the number they gave for my progesterone levels, and forgot to ask at the Dr today) Anyway.. they verified that they came back at 9.4 and said my Dr. wants them a 12 or higher...

Yep, I stuck with my June appointment because I need to space my time off work out and I'm dealing with dentist/periodontist/orthodontist appointments as well. Since we're already in May, June doesn't seem that far off now. Just have to be patient.

Rae - :happydance: So excited for you! Finally, an end in sight!! Hope AF comes soon!! (Since when do we say that?!?! haha)

I hope af hurries and gets here quick Rae!!! On to the next cycle for you!! :)

Lisa- how are you feeling? Anything new?

Hey Cali! Nothing new here, still waiting to ovulate. Due to around next Thursday. Had a darkish line the other day so I thought it might be coming sooner, but I'm back to the light lines now, so still waiting! :coffee:

So, what will the doctor do for low progesterone?? (Assuming you've been researching it online already, like I would have been! :haha: )

Ugh, spotting has disappeared now. Maybe it will come back tomorrow. I've got some dull cramping going on. You know how we get with looking for lines when poas? I'm like that now searching for any signs of AF. Oh this ttc stuff makes us do crazy things!

Rae.... sure your not prego????

Lisa- looks like I will be starting clomid... the low progesterone means that you are not ovulating, and the clomid from what I understand, helps your body to ovulate! So at least I am in the right direction. I suppose it could have been lots worse.. my numbers were a 9.4 and apparently my Dr. wants to see a 12 or higher.... but I have seen a lot of the girls on here saying that their Dr. wanted a 10 or better.. IDK why mine wants a 12... but I'm ok with that!! lol

LOL Cali, that is what my hubby and sis keep asking. I really don't feel that I'm pregnant, almost positive it is just these long crazy cycles. I don't want to waste the tests and get my hopes up but maybe I'll test again tomorrow and see. I did test a few weeks ago and it was neg but I guess it'll give me peace of mind to rule it out.

I may be joining the clomid group once I get to the obgyn if my cycles are just this crazy since I don't think I'm ovulating either.

LOL Cali, that is what my hubby and sis keep asking. I really don't feel that I'm pregnant, almost positive it is just these long crazy cycles. I don't want to waste the tests and get my hopes up but maybe I'll test again tomorrow and see. I did test a few weeks ago and it was neg but I guess it'll give me peace of mind to rule it out.

I may be joining the clomid group once I get to the obgyn if my cycles are just this crazy since I don't think I'm ovulating either.

I went in on March 1st for a doc appt. I had called and told them I hadn't gotten my period in almost 2 months and tests were negative. That day he did an exam, drew some blood and told me to come in on the 10th for an ultrasound and he'd review my blood work with me then. When I went in on the 10th, the u/s was fine, no PCOS, nothing. He said my blood work confirmed I wasn't ovulating. I never did find out the numbers. But he gave me the prescription that day for the provera and the Clomid.
I only took 2 Provera pills and got my period, so I think it was already on its way.

What rn said here was what made me think you and her have a similar situation there?! Am I wrong?

Oh and TEST?!!!!! Lol.... on another thought could the spotting have been implantation?!

Yeah sounds like what is going on with me. All the research I've done so far seems like I'm headed towards clomid too.

Could be implantation maybe but my temps never went up to indicate ovulation. They're actually pretty low right now but we've also been running the fan at night this week so it could be that or AF coming on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->