The best wedding gift you've ever given or recieved

CanadaMom

Reaction score
I"m looking for ideas! I'll be going to a wedding shower soon and have no idea what to get the bride to be. she is very wealthy and i feel intimidated in buying a gift - like since she has so much money and has expensive taste in clothing, etc. im worried about getting something she will actually like. i don't think she has a gift registry.

So just wondering what are someof the best gifts you've ever recieved or given for a wedding?

It's hard to say with her being wealthy because you never know what she already has.

The best gifts my hubby and I got were: a homemade quilt and a nice set of fancy picture frames with wedding themes/personalization. A site you might want to check out is www.gifts.com. I found some gifts on there for friends who got married.

Tell her she's being a greedy cow, that she's just attention seeking and that she doesnt need any presents! ;)

Seriously, it's hard to say without a budget.

I have always given cash.. It comes in handy for honeymoon, or a nice bottle of wine or two.

If you are at all crafty, something you made yourself is always a good gift because it something she could never buy.
Another option would be to make a donation to a charity in her name. If she's that wealthy, than she probably doesn't need much, if anything.

We had one of these of the two of us. I love it. Was such a personal gift.

https://www.bootsphoto.com/shop/home-gifts/etched-glass

Last year I bought my friend a baubaule for their christmas tree (wedding was in Sept but she does love her tree at christmas!) it was personalised with their names and wedding date and said 'on your first christmas as a married couple' or something similar, it wasn't very expensive but it's something they'll look at every year x

Mr and Mrs pillowcases. I bought them myself :rofl: it has the dates on then too, it's only print on the corners so not too in your face :haha:

The wedding gift I was most pleased with giving was when I was in a similar situation to you - the couple were quite well off and actually my OH's friends so I didn't know them all that well.

I bought a nice gift bag, a pair of posh (ish!) wine glasses, a bottle of wine, box of chocolates, a stack of sweets and snacks, a couple of silly hen night type gifts (sexual position chooser dice - might not go down well with everyone but a couple of cheeky gifts is usually a pretty safe bet), a couple of individual face masks or some posh bubble bath and a voucher for Blockbuster (or Netflix or similar). Then I filled the bag with confetti and party poppers and decorated with ribbons etc. It didn't cost a fortune but looked very grand and the bride said it was her favourite gift as there was so much to look at!

get a really nice thorntons basket delivered, people with money/without can appreciate that. you can put in as much as you like or even have it sent to ur add and put in extra little wedding things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->