The Big Thread of Early Pregnancy Symptoms

I've waited 2 years to be able to post and now here I go! I'm 13 weeks today. I still experience the symptoms below today, though I'm really hoping the MS takes a hike soon, I don't have the most regular cycle so I was making every excuse under the sun to avoid POAS as I didn't want the disappointment again.

4-5 weeks I started having a hot, acidic feeling in my stomach and I couldn't get any relief. I thought I had an ulcer! I also had a bad sinus cold.
4-6 weeks I began feeling tired/exhausted. My breasts were became sore, heavy and swollen, but I still have no veins or nipple changes. I was cramping very low, almost more in my vagina than abdomen. I kept saying it was because my period was late/ I didn't ovulate. Started to urinate more frequently. (Now I get up twice a night!) Noticed creamy CM and lots of it. I started craving water. Not soda or juice.
6-8 weeks I began noticing the bloat and gas and constipation.
8 weeks I began the aversions to certain foods and smells. Garlic, meat cooking, cigarette smoke, my dogs, my deodorant, perfumes (especially flowery ones), gasoline, basil,... still can't handle the smells. Foods I can't handle are anything real savory, salty, greasy, sweet... mostly I want potatoes, vanilla ice cream, peanut butter and jelly, water, fruit, OJ and Reese's cups. I got a SECOND sinus cold that never has gone away.
By week 8 the acidic feeling became full fledged nausea. Frosted shredded wheat and peanut butter toast are the only things that help calm the nausea. I detest saltines, pretzels.

At 8 weeks I made shepherd's pie for dinner (which I usually love) and within 1/2 an hour had to fly to the toilet to vomit. It was violent. When I came out of the bathroom my husband was on the computer and he starts reading off this 'Top10 Pregnancy Signs' list. (I had all but one.) I had one test in the house. (FRER.) I promised to take it in the morning but told him not to be excited as I'd had 'symptoms' before and never had a positive. Took test with FMU and within 30 seconds had a dark pink test line. It came up way before the control! Happiest day of my life.
This wound up being a story. Sorry. It's just so amazing. I forget I am not the first person who ever conceived before!

I'm early in my cycle but ive been feeling sick to my stomach for a few days now..I love chocolate and sweets...but lately I have been eating them...but afterwards I feel sick...even if its just a little bit :( dunno why...doubt if its anything...but just something ive been feeling here. :(

Looking for opinions :D my cycles vary between 32-38 days, I'm on cd 36,
1) I've had THE sorest boobs, normally sore b4 af but nothing like this and bf also said he has never seen them so big, feel very full too, sorry tmi
2) gums bleed at random for last week or 2
3) I've had af type cramps, lower down between hip bones, since yesterday morning but no af? They come and go, am convinced period has started but nada, when I went to the loo yesterday had quite a bit of creamy discharge? Still on going as I write this, also had some quick sharp pains when I stand up too quick

Any input will be appreciated, been trying for over 2 years and am sick of negatives :(
Thank you x

Sounds like you could be. Test :) I hate how symptoms of pregnancy are so similar to period symptoms :(

So do I!!! I also feel like a fool for letting myself believe I month be to be proved wrong time again, feel like I should know better! It's the dull pain I've never had before and defo not for this long without af showing up, I think if it's still happening tomorrow with no af I will test, thank you x

I know what you mean...I used to go up to ppl at work that had kids and say the symptoms I was having and they are like you never know...test...and of course it means nothing :( no bfp :( so ive gotten to the point of not telling them...they probably think I'm crazy anyways by now :(

Soo this has gotten me through my ttw..and I promised I'd post when I got my BFP!! I got it 10dpo (the day AF was due for me) I just KNEW I was out this month..I had no symptoms and I also miss judged my O day and inseminated up to three days before..I was just waiting for AF to come so I could try again.The day my period went to start I started cramping and would of SWORN she had shown..I went to the bathroom to check and was like WTH I'll POAS ..and BAM a VERY light BFP . It was an internet cheapie so I went and got FRER and they were DARK BFP. The ONLY symptoms I have had were I feel like my period is coming any day now... some mild cramping and the CM makes it feel like I'm bleeding.I'm only 4+1 so still praying for a sticky healthy baby in the right spot.... But this is for the ladies not experiencing anything..I KNEW I was out this month and up pops the other line..

I'd forgotten about this thread, I read so much of it when TTC! I got my BFP back in July after TTC for 17 months and now I'm 26 weeks' pregnant.

The one thing that stood out about this month was that I didn't have any spotting at all whereas normally I'd be spotting from about 9DPO for a few days before AF arrived properly. That tipped me off that this month was different.

Other than that it was a pretty normal month really, I think I had more "symptoms" in previous months. There was maybe a touch of nausea and (TMI) gastro problems at about 6DPO. One odd thing was that I noticed my cervix felt different to usual - I never really understood the high/firm/soft observations other people used but I think it felt firmer than usual.

I took a cheapie test on the day AF was due to arrive and it was negative but I had turned it upside down during the wait and I wondered whether that had made it not work (which was probably the case...) so I went out and bought a digital one and I finally got to see a BFP!!

OMG!!! OMG!!! I think I just got my :bfp: !!!! It was an Internet cheapie, it came up in under a minute and is clear but I've just read you can get false positives in cheapies so now don't know how to feel? Any one had any experience with Internet cheapies??? X

That is what I got my first BFP on..I got a FRER after to double check I had been getting ppositive for three days and it was SO light I didn't see them..When I went back you could..I'm 5 weeks only now and I Pray everyday I stay this way.

From 4DPO I've been feeling a little crampy, not as bad as PMS cramps.
6-8DPO: nauseous, tired, feeling emotional, gassy, peeing multiple times a day but not much at a time. :p
I don't know.. Maybe I'm just playing mind games. It's still really early for these symptoms, isn't it?

OH, I've been feeling noticeably hotter. My OH doesn't notice anything, EVER, yet he commented that I'm hotter than usual. It is strange for me, because I'm usually shivering most of the time. Plus I live in a freezer someone decided to call home.

I'm so excited to add my input to this thread! I just got my BFP this morning at 11 dpo. It was a pretty clear positive so im sure i would have been able to get one earlier. Honestly I hardly had any symptoms. At 10 dpo I noticed my breasts were a little sensitive and itchy. But that is about it. Just today I am having some slight cramps like mild af cramps

I also have to say that last cycle I had a chemical in which I didn't get anything more than a squinter as a positive. So have hope you ladies who have had chemicals. I am praying this is a sticky baby but have lots of hope!

Oh and my BFP was on a Internet cheapie. I'm thinking of getting a frer tomorrow just to be certain.

Ok, so probably not what 2WW ladies want to hear..... but I didn't really have any symptoms!

I got my BFP on 11th December, when AF was 4 days late (about 19/20 DPO I guess, although I wasn't temping or charting so can't be sure). I had the usual PMS symptoms - backache, cramping and tender boobs - but really didn't think anything of it.

I didn't test before AF was due as I really didn't have any indication that I could be pregnant. I actually experienced more 'symptoms' the month before! That month I felt faint, cold, gassy and really, really tired..... I was gutted when AF showed up on time, even though I knew in my heart that we hadn't been able to BD early enough :wacko:

Guess our bodies are all unique and a little bit crazy! I still don't really feel PG, although my boobs are now really, really tender and, according to my husband, "enormous" !! No other symptoms yet, although the backache is starting up again and I've started to feel hungry, but with no appetite iyswim! Just hoping this doesn't turn into full blown MS over Christmas....

Just thought I would share :flower: Baby dust to everyone!

Hi there :flower:

I'm currently cd40, AF is late, late, late. I've never been late o missed AF. I think I'm around Maybe 18-22dpo?? Cycles are reg and range from 30-35 days. Been testing and have only gotten BFNs so far. Getting ultrasound this Fri to find out what's going on. Here are my symptoms thus far:

AF from Nov 8-16th (normal for me)
I think I O'd between Nov 23-25th, but starting to think it was much later than that...
Since Dec 8th been having the following:
- nausea ALL day
- bbs sore along the outsides and around areola, feel bruised & are swollen
- acne on forehead... not normal for me
- increased appetite, especially right after eating?? :shrug:
- peeing ALL the time. DH says I should just stay on the toilet as I'd save water from all the flushing! lol
- extremely exhausted ALL the time. Can literally sleep through the night, except for waking to go pee, and then sleep all day & evening
- sore lower back... Feels more achy
- spotting once a day and just a little. This stopped yesterday. CM has been creamy/clear mixed with light brown/beige with dark brown bits
- Fri Dec 14th had two tiny bright red spots of blood when wiped, so assumed this was implantation bleeding? :shrug: had cramping and pinching in lower left side and below belly button. The day this all happened I came down with what seemed to be a 24-hr flu... Sore throat, achy, headaches, weak with no energy, nauseous (more so) and my right eye puffed right up and got so red and irritated that I thought I caught pink eye! But all the flu symptoms disappeared by the next day and my eye was back to normal. :thumbup:
- today I'm feeling sooooo much better. No nausea, headache, and have more energy, but still bfn this a.m. with fmu! All spotting has stopped and my CM is clear with a beige tinge to it. Am I crazy to think that I could still be in the running for my bfp?!? :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->