The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hi Scooby Congrats by the way! I notice that you were TTC for 23 months, how did you keep going? Were you on any meds? and do you mind me asking how old you are? we have been trying for just over a year tried clomid no joy and i am feeling really down at the moment:cry:

Honestly, it was a very frustrating 23 months! A full year of that was us trying on our own, then I went to my ob/gyn and we started diagnostics...so that took up another few months. After it was revealed that I wasn't ovulating (at least not consistantly) and OH had 0% normal morphology we were referred to a reproductive endocrinologist, but they were booked several months out, so my ob/gyn agreed to let me try clomid to see what happened. Lucky us, the first round worked! Neither OH or I was on any other medications besides vitamins (and he rarely actually took his). I'm 30 and OH is 35.

I know just how you feel being frustrated and down...I would get my hopes up every TWW, only to have them crushed when AF came. I would say to myself that I was giving up, and would be convinced of that for a week or so, then the cycle would start all over. I always eventually kept trying because I've wanted my whole life to be a mommy, so as frustrating as the journey was, I wasn't ready to give up that dream.

Have you and OH had any diagnostics done yet? And are you temping/charting? I hope you get your bfp soon!

Reading that gives me hope, and its nice to speak to some one that says they understand and actually do understand. Yes we have both been tested every thing with the my OH was fine and every thing was fine with me to and we fall into the 'unexplained' which some times i think i wish they would have found some thing so we could fix it but when there is no explanation i think some times thats harder.

Its just really hard each month when AF arrives but im looking forward to ovulation and another month of trying now !

Congrats to you ! seems clomid did the trick for you hun xx

Hi all, I am new to the thread and hoping to join in :)

I am on my second cycle of clomid 50mg and even though I ovulated in my 1st cycle, I haven't this cycle :-( Has anyone had the same experience? I was so disappointed especially as me and my other half timed our holiday to at the time of ovulation.

On my second month of clomid i ovulated really late i didn't think i was going to ovulate, clomid does seem to play funny games for a split second i thought i could have been PG have you had any side effects on clomid ? x

Hey, i am on day 25 and I ovulated on the first cycle on day 19. I haven't had many side effects on 50mg, a few hot flushes and a little bit of nausea. Not looking forward to uping the dose as I am sure there will be more side effects. What day did you ovulate on the second cycle? x

REALLY sad.

I didnt get my peak or positive OPK today. I know you can ovulate different days on clomid but I have had cramps for a couple days! I wish my OPK would turn positive!! :(

Do you guys remember what days you ovulated on with your different clomid cycles?

Hi ladies, new here, and will be new to clomid starting 1st clomid cycle in january 100mg 3-5. Hubby and I have been trying to concieve for 8 years and after a long battle with Endo and now with new FS (second opion) and looking and she priscribed me clomid so looking foward to trying clomid.:happydance: But FS has said nothing about coming for blood test or anything she said to just to do OPK test. I hope you ladies that have been through this can help guide me so I can make sure I'm doing everything I can to increase my chance of this working. lots of prays for all you ladies ttc...:hugs:

Hey my dr. never did blood tests or ultra sounds either to track me she just told me to do the OPK like yours did.. so far im on my 3rd cycle of clomid.. Good Luck to you :dust:

Ok great thanks! I'm glad to hear there are some women that dont get monitored I was starting to worry that maybe they were just like here are some meds and saying good luck! I really want this to work!!!:happydance:

I have read so much about how you ladies feel on CD and I'm really scared of the side affects, considering my periods are already so discomforting with me having Endo. But was on luperon depot for treatment for my Endo and the side affects of that sounds the same, I heard taking it at night is better any advice?

REALLY sad.

I didnt get my peak or positive OPK today. I know you can ovulate different days on clomid but I have had cramps for a couple days! I wish my OPK would turn positive!! :(

Do you guys remember what days you ovulated on with your different clomid cycles?

Dont be sad its ok, clomid can cause a lot of symptoms and changes and cramps throughout the month.. so dont worry.. just follow your gut if you think you O then BD anyway just to be safe and then keep using the OPK's you never know your body can just be Oing on a different day this cycle.

I get to start my opks tomorrow! My ovacue predicts that it I will ovulate on nov 10th (cd 13) I hope it's right!

REALLY sad.

i Ov on cd 19 last month and i think cd 14 this cycle. both months i have been on 50 mg. maybe you are ov and the OPK isn't picking it up. keep testing. maybe its later this time. FXed for you! :hugs:

I have been having a lot of cramping these past couple of days. Has anyone else? I'm also having a lot of creamy CM.... FXed this all a good sign!

Hi everyone!
I have just completed my first round of 50mg Clomid on days 3-7 of this cycle. I had really mild headaches but that's about it. I'm now on CD9 and I'm worried that I've had absolutely no real side effects from the Clomid and am wondering if that means it hasn't been successful.

I have had 2 previous pregnancies (1 birth, 1 molar pregnancy) and a history of erratic ovulation/cycles. Nothing at all drastic, but makes it difficult to detect OV when you're cycles are playing tricks on you! OB/GYN recommended low dose of Clomid to see if it works.

I HATE THE WAITING GAME! I am SO not a patient person - goodness knows how I'm going to cope during the 2WW as we haven't even started the BD'ing yet!

I hope there's lots of positive stories out there,

MissPx

Hi everyone!
I have just completed my first round of 50mg Clomid on days 3-7 of this cycle. I had really mild headaches but that's about it. I'm now on CD9 and I'm worried that I've had absolutely no real side effects from the Clomid and am wondering if that means it hasn't been successful.

I have had 2 previous pregnancies (1 birth, 1 molar pregnancy) and a history of erratic ovulation/cycles. Nothing at all drastic, but makes it difficult to detect OV when you're cycles are playing tricks on you! OB/GYN recommended low dose of Clomid to see if it works.

I HATE THE WAITING GAME! I am SO not a patient person - goodness knows how I'm going to cope during the 2WW as we haven't even started the BD'ing yet!

MissPx

On my first clomid cycle I barely had any side effects and ovulated cd15. This clomid cycle, I had a few side effects and I am on cd16 still waiting for my positive OPK.

MissP the one and only cycle I have ovulated on clomid was the cycle I didn't have any side effects at all! Nothing, not even those little twinges in my ovaries, I was thinking the same as you until I got to my scan, I told him I thought it hadn't worked again and was shocked to see my follie on the monitor!

The other 2 times when I didn't ovulate was when I thought I had! Good luck :)

I am brand new to Clomid. I am currently taking 50mg CD 5-9. I am on CD 7. I was very nervous about taking it because I have a hard time even finding birth control pills that I can stand the side effects of but I really have felt no different with Clomid. Actually I feel a bit better (probably just because I'm hopeful this will work). Keeping my fingers crossed this will work.

My cycles have been very long lately (about 6 weeks) which the doctor thinks is because I have not been ovulating. Will being on Clomid shorten my cycles? Forgot to ask the doctor about this. :dohh:

Hi everyone!

MissPx

I think clomid affects most people different. for me my first cycle i took 50mg and i did get light side effects, bloating, cramps, sore boobs, hunger but i didnt ovulate.. clomid did shorten my periods to like 3 days i am normally 6 days, it make it more regular. My second cycle i took 100mg and got headaches, bloat, hunger, bad cramps, sore boobs, my third cycle 100mg all the same symptoms just add nausea waves, higer temps, bad bad stomach pains, acne, and a headache everyday.. clomid can mimik (cant spell) preg symptoms too which plays mind tricks on us.. but again some women dont get all the side effects and some take longer to show up.. good luck to you

My cycles have been very long lately (about 6 weeks) which the doctor thinks is because I have not been ovulating. Will being on Clomid shorten my cycles? Forgot to ask the doctor about this. :dohh:

Clomid did shorten mine to barley nothing, but i have heard different things on this.

Hi everyone!

MissPx

I still don't have any side effects really until Ovulation and i have a bit of cramping. its a little painful. Other than that i feel great. I ovulated on day 19 last cycle and day 15 this cycle so i think what you are experiencing is normal :)

it shortened my cycles and made me ov earlier. My cycles were 36 to 42 days long and AF last for about 6 day of fresh blood. now that im on clomid my cycles was 29 days last month and i believe it will be 27 to 28 days this month due to ov earlier. AF lasted only 2 days! then i had 4 days of spotting after. Good Luck!

So I am not on clomid, I am on femara 7.5 mg, and 1500mg of Metformin this cycle. I normally had a long cycle not ovulating until day 16-19. It appears that I did on day13-14. My fertility clinic does extensive cycle monitoring, I am very lucky blood work and ultrasound lead you through your cycle. I am surprised that it work so efficiently , I am wondering if any one else out there had metformin added and responded quicker...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->